Do you guys like those cheap noodles they sell in grocery stores?

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
Are you guys familiar with those REALLY cheap noodles that they sell in various grocery stores? I mean there dirt cheap like under $1! I've not tried all of them but my favorite is the Nissin Chow Mein brand. These things are AMAZING! Like whoever came up with this idea must be a genius or something. I mean Chef boyardee has met it's match for people's favorite lunch meal.

One day, the apocalypse will happen and all that will be left to eat is Chow Mein noodles. I will gladly have a whole warehouse full of them to eat! lol

Last edited:

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
Hmmm, theres another brand I need to try again that's shaped like a cup. A big cup. And it has a "soup booster", I thought that was very interesting.

Kwes

Unbound Mercenary
Mar 30, 2009
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5801402]Ramen noodles ftw!! Ooodles of nooodles![/QUOTE]

Thats the only thing I call them. Literally one of my favorite meals! :D

FdMstng99

Forum Sage
Feb 19, 2008
Maryland
[QUOTE="Versus, post: 5801400]Are you guys familiar with those REALLY cheap noodles that they sell in various grocery stores? I mean there dirt cheap like under $1! I've not tried all of them but my favorite is the Nissin Chow Mein brand. These things are AMAZING! Like whoever came up with this idea must be a genius or something. I mean Chef boyardee has met it's match for people's favorite lunch meal.

One day, the apocalypse will happen and all that will be left to eat is Chow Mein noodles. I will gladly have a whole warehouse full of them to eat! lol

[/QUOTE]

These and Twinkies will be the only food left after the apocalypse.

Nov 28, 2004
The expensive ones are good. like the thai ones. I dont eat these much at all though. you're killing your body with sodium.

May 28, 2011
Kentucky, USA
I love the chow mein noodles and the ramen. And there's another kind in a huge cup, more like a small bucket almost. I forget the name of that brand, but they are super spicy and love them too!

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
They are great for emergency food, student food or just lazy ass food.

TA-Pa-Ta-Pa-Tapatalk

MATRIX 2

Forum Sage
Jul 29, 2005
D.C.
[QUOTE="Versus, post: 5801400]Are you guys familiar with those REALLY cheap noodles that they sell in various grocery stores? I mean there dirt cheap like under $1! I've not tried all of them but my favorite is the Nissin Chow Mein brand. These things are AMAZING! Like whoever came up with this idea must be a genius or something. I mean Chef boyardee has met it's match for people's favorite lunch meal.

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the sodium and msg.

Nov 28, 2004
[QUOTE="Versus, post: 5801681]Some of you mentioned they have alot of Sodium and "MSG". I guess that's a bad thing? Explain please! :O[/QUOTE]

MSG is a food additive. And sodium is just salt. but those things contain like 40-60% of your daily recommended value of sodium, and thats per serving size. Simply put, too much salt = unhealthy (like too much of anything). And you don't want a lot of MSG either. I dont know the specifics but i think one of the things it does is causes your body to release insulin more than needed or something.

bash

Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Ontario Canada
People say MSG has links to cancer but it has never been proven. Sodium for obvious reasons.

--------------------

I love Maggi Indian (well Indianish flavors and big in India, it was actually created in another country which I can't remember and can't be arsed to good) Noodles.

vegan_mekey

Dedicated Member
Jun 16, 2008
Graduate School, NH
They are nutritionally devoid. A perfect example of an "empty calorie." If you do eat them, you should throw away their seasoning, instead add nutrition into it (vegetables) and use a light preferable salt-free seasoning like cayenne, garlic powder and cumin (Amon others).

Realistically whole grain pasta is nearly just as cheap and will at least give you fiber, B vitamins, vitamin E and a slew of minerals alongside it's calories.

/dietitian rant