Do you own a PS Vita?

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 5984279]Just got mine, haven't yet played anything. Downloaded Uncharted from PS+ and now I don't have any more space on my memory card so I'll need to invest in a larger memory card.[/QUOTE]

I suggest you get either a 16gb or a 32gb card. Anything less is a waste of money as you will fill up 8gb very quickly.

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 5984279]Just got mine, haven't yet played anything. Downloaded Uncharted from PS+ and now I don't have any more space on my memory card so I'll need to invest in a larger memory card.[/QUOTE]

I have an 8 gb card. But after i download everything, i just copied them to my pc, with content manager. pc is much more safe storage and it has definitely much more space than any card you can have.

I have 3 vitas in my household. Launch day 3g/wifi, launch day wifi and assasins creed wifi. Kids have 16gb cards in theirs and 32gb in mine. Also have ps+ on all 3 so bigger cards are a must!!! Would also add that the 3g is about useless imo. Havent renewed subscription it in 2 months and havent missed it yet.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5984605]Nope, there's next to no games on it. Will get one eventually, if they officially allowed remote play for all PS3 games I'd order one right now.[/QUOTE]

You would like the Wii U.

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
I got the 3g/wifi model simply because it was cheaper than buying just the wifi model, believe it or not.

I don't ever plan on using the sim card for the 3g.

Acid Snake

Super Elite
Sep 7, 2008
Nope. There isn't much of anything on it I want to play. If I bought one now, It'll end up like my PSP. In a box on the top shelf.

Jan 13, 2013
The big bottleneck of Vita now is it's price, slightly higher than the competitors and of course the stupid-expensive-mandatory-proprietary MemoryCard that it uses.

The games issue is temporary, as Sony will come up with many new games in the mid near future as was with the PS3. The third parties will realize the potential that Vita has. I own one for a few weeks and don't regret.

LfCpS3

Master Poster
May 22, 2009
Yea i think the price is ok too, i mean if sooooo many people are willing to pay for a Ipad and such which is a lot more expensive then you see why.

Thing is right now,to the majority, vita is either unknown ( bad marketing) or does not offer much in terms of games or other stuff and nothing excites them.

Oct 18, 2006
Part of me wants to get one, but when the PSP first launched I got one and after a few months I barely played it anymore and I just have a feeling I will end up doing the same thing with the Vita...I just haven't come across any games or system features that make me want to run out and get one...hopefully they will integrate it more with the PS4/Orbis which will make me get one!

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
got mine launch day from Amazon. so far i have 7 games i think

Assasins Creed 3 Liberation
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
MLB 12 The Show
Mortal Kombat
Ragnarok Odyssey
Uncharted Golden Abyss (frickin love it)
Wipeout 2048

I havent really played Wipeout much as i suck at racing games, but so far i love every other game ive played.
Still looking to pick up Gravity Rush when the price drops a bit. And since i dont like buying digital, theyre all physical copies. Still a few games out there i might pick up if i can find them at a decent price. Unit 13, Call of Duty if i find it free somewhere, maybe Resistance, but i was never a big fan of the series.

Hopefully during the GDC or maybe even Destination Playstation well hear something about Warriors Lair.... that game had me sooo excited and it was one of the main reasons i wanted a Vita in the firstplace... that and my unhealthy obsession with baseball and making the Mets win. cause seriously... outside of video games they cant.... *sigh*

Sylar

Elite Sage
Aug 30, 2008
UK
[QUOTE="Ariakace, post: 5990025]
I havent really played Wipeout much as i suck at racing games, but so far i love every other game ive played.
Still looking to pick up Gravity Rush when the price drops a bit. And since i dont like buying digital, theyre all physical copies. [/QUOTE]

I was really bad at wipeout 2048 to begin with but you get used to it after a while, some of the races do get tough though, don't think I finished the game.

Also I'm the same with physical copies of games (same with albums and films) but i let it slip when i saw I could get Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Mortal Kombat and Big Sky Infinity for free if I signed up to PS Plus

Ariakace

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2008
New Jersey
[QUOTE="Sylar, post: 5990084]I was really bad at wipeout 2048 to begin with but you get used to it after a while, some of the races do get tough though, don't think I finished the game.

Also I'm the same with physical copies of games (same with albums and films) but i let it slip when i saw I could get Gravity Rush, Uncharted, Mortal Kombat and Big Sky Infinity for free if I signed up to PS Plus[/QUOTE]

heh, yeah... i just keep slamming into the walls all the time. I think the only racing games i was ever good at was probably Star Wars Pod racer and the Gran Turismo series.

swordfish64

Superior Member
Sep 24, 2007
Miami, Florida
I got my Vita in the first week of December, and love it. I use it almost everyday. I got Uncharted GA through PS+, and bought Need for Speed, Unit 13, Little Big Planet, and got Call of Duty in the bundle. It's a great system.

Jul 21, 2010
[QUOTE="swordfish64, post: 5993986]I got my Vita in the first week of December, and love it. I use it almost everyday. I got Uncharted GA through PS+, and bought Need for Speed, Unit 13, Little Big Planet, and got Call of Duty in the bundle. It's a great system.[/QUOTE]
Hows need for speed and unit 13? I've been meaning to pick those two up

swordfish64

Superior Member
Sep 24, 2007
Miami, Florida
[QUOTE="chrisw26308, post: 5994216]Nfs is great. Looks great and plays like rhe ps3 version.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

This. Both NFS and Unit 13 look and play great. Unit 13 is an excellent pick up and play shooter, great graphics and a good feel to the guns.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="KyleOnTheRun, post: 5995027]Yep - proud launch day owner with hundreds of hours played over the last several months. Favorite games include Persona 4 Golden, Zero Escape, Sound Shapes, Super Stardust Delta.[/QUOTE]

I am currently rocking out Persona 4 now. Such an amazing game!

KyleOnTheRun

PSU Editor-in-chief
Jun 1, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5995029]I am currently rocking out Persona 4 now. Such an amazing game![/QUOTE]

Persona 4 Golden is bar-none the best RPG I've ever played. Many games have tried and failed to take that spot from Final Fantasy X, so this was no easy feat at all.

Totally forgot about LittleBigPlanet PS Vita as well - fantastic game. It says something that I reviewed three Vita games for PSU this holiday season, and gave all three a 9.5.

gusgus

Superior Member
Dec 20, 2007
I've had my Vita since launch week and I'm pretty happy with it. I don't know how many games I own, as most of them are downloaded games, and I haven't counted the bubbles lately. It does kind of bother me that I have only 2 physical games.