Do you think the PS4 will support PlayStation Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I haven't played it in a couple years but the service has recently been updated to version 1.7 with 23 million members. Do you think Sony will continue supporting it on the PS4? What kind of changes could they introduce?

Last edited:

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
I think they will expand on it/relaunch it for ps4 but they should probably just drop it tbh for something quicker and more functional that doesn't have to load a whole game world

Via Tapatalk :)

davin_g

Superior Member
Apr 18, 2006
I haven't been on it for years but if developers want to support it or they have enough advertising support to pay for it then they can continue it but honestly....I think it is just taking valuable resources away from Sony that would be better served elsewhere....I have seen no one....NO one say this is a selling feature for the console or reason to own it over xbox.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
PS Home has evolved quite a lot since it was first released in 08. The vast amount of content suggest that Home is convenient for Sony. Hopefully they'll continue to evolve it enough to make it easily accessible to people.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Home now has an FPS game, some kind of sim city sandbox game and an RPG among other things. I'm guessing Sony sees some value in it so I imagine it will be in PS4, albeit better.

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
It needs to be
- fully integrated into the OS with some flash memory and RAM dedicated to it
- installed on every PS4 at launch
- be integral part of the dashboard

Otherwise its going to be as popular as the PS Move (Barely)
It is incredibly rare when I see anyone on my friends like use home.

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
Yea, there's money to be made but if Sony goes ahead with what Home already is and doesn't expand on it, I will take out my anger on the immediate keyboard I will own at that moment.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 5908381]Sony makes far too much money on PS Home to ever get rid of it.[/QUOTE]
The money that comes in from PlayStation Home is used to keep the PlayStation Network up and running with new content, or am I wrong?

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I would be a Home whore if they made your apartment into a trophy room sort of thing. Trophies should unlock unique content for your space. There was a bit of this, some RE5 trophies unlocked lil statues for your room, but it needs wider implementation. I would love that. :D

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 5909382]I would be a Home whore if they made your apartment into a trophy room sort of thing. Trophies should unlock unique content for your space. There was a bit of this, some RE5 trophies unlocked lil statues for your room, but it needs wider implementation. I would love that. :D[/QUOTE]

actually, before home came out, they said it was going to be exactly like that, where you can put trophies from your games in your personal spaces. I noticed they lied once home came out and it did none of those things. Actually, HOME didn't do anything they said it was going to do.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="Terminator 101, post: 5908494]It needs to be
- fully integrated into the OS with some flash memory and RAM dedicated to it
- installed on every PS4 at launch
- be integral part of the dashboard

Otherwise its going to be as popular as the PS Move (Barely)
It is incredibly rare when I see anyone on my friends like use home.[/QUOTE]
this!

Home is slow to load. and loading is all it does.

maybe if i mention mynd's name he'll enlighten us with some knowledge. until his arrival, i'll blame bad netcode and toolset :D

i however love home! BUT, i hate loading. and as i say, loading is all this thing does.

it needs to be seamless with its integration on the PS4, who knows, maybe they can even move it onto the Sony Tablet....and vita?

jj03

Elite Guru
Apr 7, 2007
I deleted 'home' few years back, and tried it again recently...sadly, imo, its retardedly slow and just as boring. Sony should just get rid of it and focus on improving xmb.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bigdoggy

Master Guru
Jan 24, 2008
HOME is to advanced for PS3 in terms of performance. the PS4 will most likely be capable of running HOME faster and better, this includes loading it up as well. I wont apologize for saying this, but because HOME is webbed based, it runs like 100% crap. Use the PS3 for the internet once, it's so fuckin slow and crappy. As good as the cpu is, it sure sucks complete crap for web based things, it's horrible. even a 56k modem on the internet is faster then the PS3 using the internet. ugh.

imINxile

Apprentice
Jul 25, 2012
Wisconsin
Don't really know if they'll include the service on the ps4 but judging by how much time they have invested in it I will guess they will. Id probably give it another go as well. Hopefully I will spend my time doing more than practicing dance moves..

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
Absolutely, it's a cash cow, though some like to pretend it isn't.

[QUOTE="Terminator 101, post: 5908494]Otherwise its going to be as popular as the PS Move (Barely)[/QUOTE]

Yeah 10+ million sold is a total flop. smh

Last edited:

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Home needs to be faster/more seamless and better integrated with actual games.

Half of the Home experience seems to be waiting for things to load, and if I want to obtain anything, I need to pay for it. Screw that. My achievements in the games I play should net me a lot more stuff.

Jan 17, 2006
Newmarket, Toronto, Ontario
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5911124]Absolutely, it's a cash cow, though some like to pretend it isn't.

Yeah 10+ million sold is a total flop. smh[/QUOTE]
Sorry I meant to say: otherwise it is going to be as popular as the PS Move among developers (barely).

hood

Elite Member
Dec 2, 2005
[QUOTE="coolguy, post: 5912882]PlayStation Home was the biggest bust that sony came out with.. so i hope the PS4 dont have it[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree if Home was a total bust for Sony it wouldn't be as robust as it is now. If you buy an SSD drive Home will load significantly faster which is pretty much my main gripe with Home. Its definitely evolved over the past few years.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 5908492]Home now has an FPS game, some kind of sim city sandbox game and an RPG among other things. I'm guessing Sony sees some value in it so I imagine it will be in PS4, albeit better.[/QUOTE] It does? Wow. I haven't been on it for years. I remember going on Home and bowling with some people from this forum back when it was still called PS3 Forums. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.