Does anyone know own how to unlock an IPad2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2015
Los Angeles
I bought a iPad 2 second hand, and after I've restored it, it takes me to an Apple ID login to active it. Is there a way in which I can get past the IOS 8 Activation Bypass, as I have no way to contact the person with Apple ID. I guess I might have been bamboozled. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sent from Umbrella Headquarters

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Like F34R said, you're pretty much SOL. The only way you can restore the iPad is if the owner disables Find My iPhone (yes, it's still called that even on the iPad). They don't even need to give you their Apple ID as long as that feature is disabled. It's a security measure to prevent stolen devices from being activated again. There's actually a process one is supposed to go through before selling their device, but most people don't bother. So yeah ... next time ... make sure you get them to disable Find My iPhone. The only option you can try is contacting Apple about the issue, although that may go nowhere. They tend to not he helpful in that area.

It's also important to have that feature on if it's YOUR device ... that way if yours is stolen the thief is also SOL.

F34R

Legend
Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
If you contact Apple, and they help you, then you can probably make a high dollar movie out of that encounter lol. Without a POP (proof of purchase), they'll politely laugh in your face.

There has to be some way of contacting the person you bought it from. How did you buy it from them?

WaxWeazle

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Jan 12, 2014
Belgium
Hah..
well, I'm surprised.
How did you buy it if you can't get in contact with the person..?
Surely you must have some way of contacting..

Jul 15, 2015
Los Angeles
[QUOTE="WaxWeazle, post: 6466687]Hah..
well, I'm surprised.
How did you buy it if you can't get in contact with the person..?
Surely you must have some way of contacting..[/QUOTE]
I bought it from some guy around my block, it's most likely stolen, I will confront him, like I said I've been bamboozled...

Sent from Umbrella Headquarters

Brandon

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I don't know if you should confront someone that sold you stolen goods. Sounds like a shady person already. Dunno what you could be dealing with. o_O

~ Tapatalk

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
[QUOTE="Brandon, post: 6466700]I don't know if you should confront someone that sold you stolen goods. Sounds like a shady person already. Dunno what you could be dealing with. o_O[/quote]

According to the apple support FAQ, covering a blocked ipad with the blood of its previous owner will unlock it. Violent confrontation is literally the only course of action.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Status
Not open for further replies.