Does anyone own the PS3 Sony Wireless Stereo Headset?

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
I got this headset a few days ago and I have a question for anyone who uses it:

When playing online with friends, do you have problems balancing the volume of the mic with the sound of the game? Whenever I find a comfortable sound level for the game, the mic volume is just a little too low and it's hard to understand my friends. When I have the mic volume at a good level where I can hear my friends perfectly, the game volume is just a bit too low for me. Is there a way to balance that? It would be greatly appreciated.

Overall though this headset has been GREAT! I really like the way it looks, it's lightweight, very comfortable and I'm so glad that I can just charge it on my PS3 instead of struggling to keep AA batteries near me at all times.

Thanks again!

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Whenever I find a comfortable sound level for the game, the mic volume is just a little too low and it's hard to understand my friends.
Move the voip/gameSFX slider closer to mic to make your friends clearer and raise master volume a bit to compensate.

When I have the mic volume at a good level where I can hear my friends perfectly, the game volume is just a bit too low for me.
Raise master volume and mix your mic out a little.

Pap3rThin

Superior Member
Jul 2, 2007
[QUOTE="Ghost-Rhayne, post: 6066616]Whenever I find a comfortable sound level for the game, the mic volume is just a little too low and it's hard to understand my friends.
Move the voip/gameSFX slider closer to mic to make your friends clearer and raise master volume a bit to compensate.

When I have the mic volume at a good level where I can hear my friends perfectly, the game volume is just a bit too low for me.
Raise master volume and mix your mic out a little. [/QUOTE]

Okay, thank you. I'll check that out later today or tonight when I go play.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
You're welcome. It's all about (IMHO) using the master volume to compensate when you reach those almost perfect sweet spots of mixing. :D You mix in what's lacking and adjust MV to correct the other.

shepard

PSU Live Streamer
Dec 21, 2006
I have the headset. And while I don't do alot of multiplayer gaming on my ps4 to need the mouthpiece portion of it, I won't really comment much on its quality. But the speakers in this thing are incredible for gaming and tunes out all outside noise fine. I never hear my wife talking to me...the thing is great :D

manutdfan

Master Guru
May 19, 2009
The Port
[QUOTE="shepard, post: 6066743]I have the headset. And while I don't do alot of multiplayer gaming on my ps4 to need the mouthpiece portion of it, I won't really comment much on its quality. But the speakers in this thing are incredible for gaming and tunes out all outside noise fine. I never hear my wife talking to me...the thing is great :D[/QUOTE]

When will the PS4 be out for the masses.. I want one :(

Jan 29, 2007
Just move the slider so the game volume lowers as stated by Ghost Rhayne. I had this 'problem' till I actually looked at the headset and realised