Does PS4 Need A Little Big Planet?

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
They should focus on a new IP that will compliment the PS4. Sackboy should make cameos in other games so that we won't forget the little dude.

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
LittleBigPlanet is insanely popular and the things people create are astonishing. While I won't nessecarily buy it, it's very good for the system.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
The Vita version is probably the best one so far. However, if they were to bring it back; I think it'd need to be catered to the system. And I don't how they would do that.

To me, a new IP that does that would probably be more intriguing, and simply pass on the LBP IP to another internal team.

mistercrow

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 10, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Flumbooze, post: 6172813]LittleBigPlanet is insanely popular and the things people create are astonishing. While I won't nessecarily buy it, it's very good for the system.[/QUOTE] I played LBP Kart Racing via PS+ and I was pretty impressed by the stuff people created.

mini E

Superior Member
May 7, 2006
USA
It seems that people are forgetting the Media Molecule IS working on a new IP. Not much has been shown, but it appears to be about creating whatever you want very easily, no matter what it is.There's a rumor that LBP3 is being handed off to a different studio. Personally I think a true 3D LBP would be amazing. Definitely something that would take advantage of the large amount of RAM in ps4 and be a great addition to the library, pushing the whole "social" aspect.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
When it's about having something for every taste (which is a good thing), I would say yes, the PS4 needs a LBP game. Me, personally, I couldn't care less, not my cup of tea.

Aug 8, 2013
Wonderland ♥
Yes, yes and yes.
The reason I say this is because the PS3 did exceptionally well for itself because the gaming library was so vast. Little Big Planet was a game I could have hours of fun on with friends and family/younger brothers. The game has done well for itself and the levels that are being created are simply stunning. Have you SEEN the final fantasy VII opening sequence? omfg.. seriously I have to wonder how some people make such creations.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6173043]It'll likely be there for sure, LBP1 did huge numbers and MS are making their own (Project Spark) so it needs to be there nd probably LBP3D too.[/QUOTE]
Project Spark looks really good to me and I definitely want something similar to play about with on ps4.

[QUOTE="mini E, post: 6173167]It seems that people are forgetting the Media Molecule IS working on a new IP. Not much has been shown, but it appears to be about creating whatever you want very easily, no matter what it is.There's a rumor that LBP3 is being handed off to a different studio. Personally I think a true 3D LBP would be amazing. Definitely something that would take advantage of the large amount of RAM in ps4 and be a great addition to the library, pushing the whole "social" aspect.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that's true, as that's exactly what I want. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE TRUE!

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
PS4 NEEDs Mm's next brainchild. My 2 cents.

LBP was a savior to the PS3, so.. might be a good additon, but the PS4 doesn't need a new LBP.

Equinoqs

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2010
Appalachian Mtns.
Yes, but only if Media Molecule is behind it. I trust them to improve the game in a way that can only be done on PS4 without compromising what makes LBP so great in the first place. But, hell, they could just re-release the first LBP on PS4 with a shit ton more memory for user levels and I'd be happy.

mini E

Superior Member
May 7, 2006
USA
[QUOTE="Equinoqs, post: 6173742]But, hell, they could just re-release the first LBP on PS4 with a shit ton more memory for user levels and I'd be happy.[/QUOTE]

I would too, but most people wouldn't...

DarkVincent07

Trying not to break stuff...
Mar 4, 2008
Sydney
I really like what one of the guys suggested in that video, LittleBigPlanet 3D, where you can create full 3D games and levels.

I have faith in whatever MM have up their sleeves for PS4, wheather its a PS4 LBP or a new IP

Flumbooze

Superior Member
Jun 16, 2013
Belgium
[QUOTE="mistercrow, post: 6173042]I played LBP Kart Racing via PS+ and I was pretty impressed by the stuff people created.[/QUOTE]

The classic LBP games deliver even more amazing levels.