Dolphin Massacre In Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
Dear people of PS3forums,

I have just received a video that has to be the most repulsive thing I have ever seen.

The video is about the brutal slaughter of dolphins that take place in Japan.

You don't have to be an animal lover to feel this is wrong. This is animal Cruelty beyond Evil.

Video link removed. I'm sorry, that's definitely not appropriate for the forums. -Jordan

This video is not for the weak stomached. I'll advice you not to watch this video if so.

But please visit: http://www.petitiononline.com/golfinho/petition.html and sign their petition.

I'll leave you in shock, just the way I am right now.

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
[QUOTE="JordanL, post: 0]I receive this in chain letters all the time....[/quote]

Well, I just saw this video for the first time ...

... and the fact still remains that these massacres of dolphins are brutal and horrible.

Whoever has not seen this video may request it from me by PM. Keep in mind the graphics are of disturbing nature.

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
damn the link was removed....

but what do they slay those dolphins for?
do they need their brains for PS3 production? ;)
"hey its cheaper than cell and 5times more powerfull....YAY"

p.s i hope they kill all of those maneating monster fishes..so we can finaly surf in peace :D

Womble

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
Yea my dad got sent this as well, it is just horrible. I could make a comment about the japanese but i would probably end up being banned.

nekon

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
I watched.. and I'm going to go out on a limb but what's all the hostility about? Everyone's being so nasty to one another about this video.. :confused:

The truth of the matter is this has been going on for generations.. There is a whole industry bas on it.. people feed their families based on the images in this video. How is this industry any different then fishing in Alaska or anywhere else for that matter? While I agree their means look barbaric one could easily understand their limited resources..

This video is all about hype plain and simple. I think the clip is moving and well edited.. but the bottom line is many of us eat meat and fish and will continue to do so.. Ever hear the thing about lobsters screaming when you boil them? Where's the YouTube video about those poor thing! :cry:

This may keep vegetarians up at night but I enjoy a good burger or some sushi from time to time. :neutral:

Oct 30, 2005
I don't need to see the video clips I remember seeing the brutality on the news a long time ago and it's enough to make anyones stomach churn. I think it's the fact that most interactions between humans and dolphins have been sociable, there have even been recorded accounts of dolphins aiding drowning people, and to see something like this is quite sad.

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
[QUOTE="Beast of Bourbon, post: 0]i hate vegetarians they eat my foods food ;)

face it people... steaks dont grow on a tree.[/quote]

Well, I'm not a vegetarian. I like to eat meat and fish. But come on! The method they use to kill those dolphins is horrible.

I'm not going into details but the video speaks for itself.

And not just for dolphins, but so many animals are killed in ways that's disgusting.

nekon

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Tobian, post: 0]Well, I'm not a vegetarian. I like to eat meat and fish. But come on! The method they use to kill those dolphins is horrible.

I'm not going into details but the video speaks for itself.

And not just for dolphins, but so many animals are killed in ways that's disgusting.[/QUOTE]

Did you read my post earlier?

[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]I watched.. and I'm going to go out on a limb but what's all the hostility about? Everyone's being so nasty to one another about this video.. :confused:

The truth of the matter is this has been going on for generations.. There is a whole industry bas on it.. people feed their families based on the images in this video. How is this industry any different then fishing in Alaska or anywhere else for that matter? While I agree their means look barbaric one could easily understand their limited resources..

This video is all about hype plain and simple. I think the clip is moving and well edited.. but the bottom line is many of us eat meat and fish and will continue to do so.. Ever hear the thing about lobsters screaming when you boil them? Where's the YouTube video about those poor thing! :cry:

This may keep vegetarians up at night but I enjoy a good burger or some sushi from time to time. :neutral:[/QUOTE]

Like he said.. meat doesn't grow on tress.. a slaughter is a slaughter in every sense of the word.

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
yeah i know its cruel.... i just cant pretend to care... i wouldnt mind if they were humans either

but it wouldnt be necessary to kill em brutal (or at all because noone realy has to eat dolphins to stay alive)

Mar 11, 2007
well I signed the petition and send a big message with a lot ow words :) to the president of Japan....don't worry I did ot swear ..I only asked him to use his common sense ... it is a tiny planet after all ......maybe we can use the dolphins in the future to do the CELL programming for us u know..

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]I watched.. and I'm going to go out on a limb but what's all the hostility about? Everyone's being so nasty to one another about this video.. :confused:

This may keep vegetarians up at night but I enjoy a good burger or some sushi from time to time. :neutral:[/quote]

Yes, I'm very much aware of the fact that we have a whole industry based on killing animals for food.

Obviously people will always eat meat or fish.

But does that mean we have to kill every living creature on this planet? And in such a horrible way too?

Anyway, I signed the petition and hopefully more people feel the same way.

nekon

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Tobian, post: 0]Yes, I'm very much aware of the fact that we have a whole industry based on killing animals for food.

Obviously people will always eat meat or fish.

But does that mean we have to kill every living creature on this planet? And in such a horrible way too?[/QUOTE]

Like I thought I implied earlier.. their barbaric ways could be influenced by many things.. it could just be how it's been done for years.. whatever the cause doesn't matter because this is and has been a way of life for them.

i think most people are put off by this video because they've never gone hunting or fishing.. this is how it's done, what they're doing it normal.. Would you like them better if they lifted the dolphins onto tables before they gut them? :?

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]Like I thought I implied earlier.. their barbaric ways could be influenced by many things.. it could just be how it's been done for years.. whatever the cause doesn't matter because this is and has been a way of life for them.

i think most people are put off by this video because they've never gone hunting or fishing.. this is how it's done, what they're doing it normal.. Would you like them better if they lifted the dolphins onto tables before they gut them? :?[/quote]

If you go hunting, animals might stand a chance of escaping. Else, they're hopefully killed instantly.

Surly the video shows the suffering of these dolphins being stabbed with spears and hooks, dragged on land and sliced before they're even death.

These fisherman might have done this for years, but that doens't mean things can't change. Hopefully it will.

Oct 30, 2005
[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]Like I thought I implied earlier.. their barbaric ways could be influenced by many things.. it could just be how it's been done for years.. whatever the cause doesn't matter because this is and has been a way of life for them.

i think most people are put off by this video because they've never gone hunting or fishing.. this is how it's done, what they're doing it normal.. Would you like them better if they lifted the dolphins onto tables before they gut them? :?[/quote]

Just because that's 'how it's been done for years' doesn't mean that's the only decent way. Think of the fishing industry as a system of processes where the resource is captured, killed and sold. Systems need constant revision in order to succeed, whether searching for a way to make it more efficient, more productive or most importantly an ethical practice. Butchery is not the way forward, there are always other humane options. Petitions like this help to bring awareness of these actions to both the perpetrator and the general public and with any luck make a change.

Mar 9, 2007
Blighttown
i wonder where those replicator from enterprise are......im sure sony already has some in their laps ;)

maybe we have more symphaty for the dolphins because the are mammals...and they are pretty smart.... btw is there anything in the ocean that japanese refuse to eat....apparently everything makes their "jing" grow tzk :X

P

pendinginsanity

How is this any different than human beheading honestly? Decapitation is sick, especially on intelligent beings with feelings.

All those guys saying 'oh they do it for a living' well year, but at least kill the defendless animals shiftly.

nekon

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Tobian, post: 0]If you go hunting, animals might stand a chance of escaping. Else, they're hopefully killed instantly.

Surly the video shows the suffering of these dolphins being stabbed with spears and hooks, dragged on land and sliced before they're even death.

These fisherman might have done this for years, but that doens't mean things can't change. Hopefully it will.[/QUOTE]

Ok so some forms of hunting aren't good examples for you guys since you don't know what it's like.. but how about saltwater fishing? It's the same thing done the same way.. not the same volume in one pier but it's the same thing.

How would you like things to change? How many different ways can you gut a fish?

[QUOTE="Voice Of A Riot, post: 0]Just because that's 'how it's been done for years' doesn't mean that's the only decent way. Think of the fishing industry as a system of processes where the resource is captured, killed and sold. Systems need constant revision in order to succeed, whether searching for a way to make it more efficient, more productive or most importantly an ethical practice. Butchery is not the way forward, there are always other humane options. Petitions like this help to bring awareness of these actions to both the perpetrator and the general public and with any luck make a change.[/QUOTE]

It's clear you guys missed the point of what I was trying to say.. I suggest you read my reply above your quote.. mainly "How many different ways can you gut a fish?". get real guys.

P

pendinginsanity

They should at least give them a bullet to the skull, make it quick.
I'd like to see how you'd feel about getting your throat cut and then just lie on the dirt benieth you to bleed to death.

Once again, stop resorting to personal insults. -Svetlana.

nekon

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="pendinginsanity, post: 0]They should at least give them a bullet to the skull, make it quick.
I'd like to see how you'd feel about getting your throat cut and then just lie on the dirt benieth you to bleed to death.

Sick ****, kill yourself.[/QUOTE]

I'm not an animal so hopefully I'll never have to find out.. This is the food chain plain and simple.. Don't like it, don't eat meat. Like I asked earlier, how many ways can you gut a fish? exactly.

PiP4LyFe

Superior Member
May 13, 2006
[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]I'm not an animal so hopefully I'll never have to find out.. This is the food chain plain and simple.. Don't like it, don't eat meat. Like I asked earlier, how many ways can you gut a fish? exactly.[/QUOTE]

Humans are mammals which = Animals, so yes you are, there are several ways you could kill a fish.

P

pendinginsanity

[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]I'm not an animal so hopefully I'll never have to find out.. This is the food chain plain and simple.. Don't like it, don't eat meat. Like I asked earlier, how many ways can you gut a fish? exactly.[/quote]

I eat meat, but I want to be sure that they're killed with dignity.
Like cows, they get those stunguns to their forehead, boom, they're dead. They don't get to feel anything, I've seen it with my own eyes.

While this is just plain perverted, again sick ****s.

nekon

Forum Elder
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="PiP4LyFe, post: 0]Humans are mammals which = Animals, so yes you are, there are several ways you could kill a fish.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information.. Sorry you didn't understand what I meant.. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE="pendinginsanity, post: 0]I eat meat, but I want to be sure that they're killed with dignity.
Like cows, they get those stunguns to their forehead, boom, they're dead. They don't get to feel anything, I've seen it with my own eyes.

While this is just plain perverted, again sick ****s.[/QUOTE]

Well you let me know how that works out for ya.. Try and make it out to a fishing pier and tell them how "preverted"? the way they make their living is. :suspect:

PiP4LyFe

Superior Member
May 13, 2006
[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]Thanks for the information.. Sorry you didn't understand what I meant.. :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

You said your not a animal so i corrected you, whats there to understand? Anyways im off to play some games.

Tobian

Master Poster
Dec 19, 2005
Unlike fish, dolphins don't sufficate on land. So they are cut open and left to bleed until they die slowly.

It makes me even more sad since they are intelligent and social creatures who don't leave there wounded friends behind.

Making them even more fragile ones the fishermen start stabbing at them grouped together.

P

pendinginsanity

[QUOTE="nekon, post: 0]Thanks for the information.. Sorry you didn't understand what I meant.. :rolleyes:

Well you let me know how that works out for ya.. Try and make it out to a fishing pier and tell them how "preverted"? the way they make their living is. :suspect:[/quote]

If I actually meet these people real life I'd not give a second thought about harming them.

Edited to make your post less threatening. Tone it down! -Svetlana.

Status
Not open for further replies.