DOOM - Campaign Trailer - Game Coming Soon!!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[video=youtube;3SAFSz8yxrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAFSz8yxrE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Coming May 13th 2016, day has been marked in my diary, can't wait :D

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Definitely looks more colorful and cartoony than before, in a good way. A lot of elements seem to have been brought more in line with the classic looks, such as the plasma coming out of the Plasma Rifle.

I really think this is going to be the most fundamentally fun shooter in years. The box art is pretty generic though, but whatev.

Sir_Scud

Super Elite
Dec 30, 2007
I actually am pretty excited for it. I think after the initial reaction to the piss filter, they have livened up the colors a bit. Which is a good thing I feel.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
I thought the trailer was pretty cool. Hopefully the game does pretty well when it releases.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
Here's the Collector's Edition:

If you’re seeking a real demonic possession, then you’ll want to pick up the DOOM collector’s edition. Complete with a 12-inch-tall statue of the fearsome Revenant made from high-quality PVC, the DOOM collector’s edition will add a hellish touch to any room. The Revenant, which was modeled using actual in-game 3D files, stands sentry on a base-lit turbine that slowly rotates internally, casting an eerily flickering glow onto the nightmarish glory of this iconic DOOM demon.

The collector’s edition also includes the full game, safely ensconced in an exclusive metal case. The DOOM collector’s edition will be $119.99 (US), €129.99 (Europe), and £99.99 (UK), and is available for pre-order now.
Link to Amazon pre-order page:

http://www.amazon.com/Doom-Collecto...05872&sr=8-5&keywords=doom+collectors+edition

If you want the much cooler Revenant box art instead of the Doomguy box art, it looks like you'll need the Collector's Edition. Also, a rotating, lit up Revenant figurine seems like it would really tie a rooom together. So I just pre-ordered a PS4 copy.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Ixion, post: 6501913]Here's the Collector's Edition:

Link to Amazon pre-order page:

http://www.amazon.com/Doom-Collecto...05872&sr=8-5&keywords=doom+collectors+edition

If you want the much cooler Revenant box art instead of the Doomguy box art, it looks like you'll need the Collector's Edition. Also, a rotating, lit up Revenant figurine seems like it would really tie a rooom together. So I just pre-ordered a PS4 copy.[/QUOTE]
It's nice that they included the game as well for the 100 quid.

Abdou23

Forum Elder
Sep 16, 2008
Egypt
I'm not the biggest fan of VR, but if this game supports it and it should, I might actually consider buying the VR for it(for a reasonable price)

KungMartin90

Dedicated Member
Sep 6, 2012
Uppsala, Sweden
I've been playing some Doom 3 on my laptop recently, and just admiring what a freaking good game it was/is. It still tops most games of today.

Unfortunately, I don't get the same vibe from this game. I know they're going in a different direction, but I'm not feeling it. It's too much cluster *****. I just hope I'm proven wrong, cuz Doom 3 seriously was amazing.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="Abdou23, post: 6501980]I'm not the biggest fan of VR, but if this game supports it and it should, I might actually consider buying the VR for it(for a reasonable price)[/QUOTE]

This game won't support VR (at least not right away). I don't really think it would work anyway. A game this fast where the main character is moving on his own instead of piloting something...that would be too disorienting and unnatural.

[QUOTE="KungMartin90, post: 6502006]I've been playing some Doom 3 on my laptop recently, and just admiring what a freaking good game it was/is. It still tops most games of today.

Unfortunately, I don't get the same vibe from this game. I know they're going in a different direction, but I'm not feeling it. It's too much cluster *****. I just hope I'm proven wrong, cuz Doom 3 seriously was amazing.[/QUOTE]

The new DOOM is inspired more by Doom 1 and Doom 2, which were more focused on being fast-paced, colorful action games. Doom 3 was a slower, darker survival-horror experience. If that's what you want, then you'll be disappointed.

If you haven't played SOMA yet, that might scratch your itch. You can't fight the enemies like in Doom 3, but it has a similar mood and setting.

Ixion

Ultimate Veteran
Nov 29, 2005
New York
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 6503549]Just browsing my photobucket account and found these. I think this might be form a previous incarnation a few years ago.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s524.photobucket.com/user/k33fy/embed/slideshow/Doom4"></iframe>

Ift he embedding doesn't work click the link below
http://s524.photobucket.com/user/k33fy/library/Doom4[/QUOTE]

That is the cancelled "Doom 4" that was being worked on from around 2008 to 2011. It was a post-apocalyptic game set on Earth where you play as a resistance fighter against invading demons. It was also heavily cinematic.

People often reference it as "Call of Doom", since it basically looked like a Call of Duty game with demons. It might have been good for what it was, but it certainly didn't look like a Doom game. Fits more in line with something like Resistance.