Downloadable NeoGeo classics on PS3!

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
SNK classics get green light from Sony to serve up NeoGeo classics via PlayStation Store but there's no word from Microsoft on Live Arcade

Fans of SNK classics such as King of Fighters would love to see a selection of the firm's classic Neo-Geo titles available to download on Sony's PlayStation Store and Xbox Live Arcade.

We've all seen how well Street Fighter II' Hyper Fighting recently did on Xbox Live and the call's already been made for more retro fighters to be released.

Speaking to CVG Soichiro Hosoya, director of SNK game titles, said, "We've discussed an online delivery service for our classic NeoGeo titles through next-gen formats and Sony Computer Entertainment has agreed to our propositions." All good then in the world of PlayStation, though what the games will be and when they'll launch haven yet to be confirmed.

But the firm has yet to hear back from Microsoft about the possibility of the games heading to Xbox Live Arcade. "We've been sending our propositions to Microsoft for a while, but it will depend on their policy for the Xbox Live Arcade," continued Hosoya. "Of course, we wish to launch our NeoGeo titles through Xbox Live Arcade but we cannot tell whether they'll accept our offer or not at present."
soruce: CVG

Great wonderful news! Cant wait to play Neo Geo games on my PS3!

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
You have the King of Fighter (98 my favorite), Metal Slug, some other great fighting games, and overall the best 2D games around.

If they have online and a fair price, instant buy for me!

Angelcurio

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2005
www.neogaf.com
[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]You have the King of Fighter (98 my favorite), Metal Slug, some other great fighting games, and overall the best 2D games around.

If they have online and a fair price, instant buy for me![/QUOTE]
I really hope that they make available the Kof 99 Dreammatch. That game was King of Fighters 98 dreammatch with more sprites, animations, high resolution sprites, that was released on the dreamcast by that name, it even had an anime intro.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
No way, I've been waiting for news like this for like forever! Definitely looking forward to replaying all the KOF's, Garow, Last Blade, Art of Fighting, and the Metal Slug series.
EDIT: I sold KOF 99, bad mistake on my part.

Chemo

Elite Member
Oct 19, 2006
99' best in the Kof series. man this is gonna be sweet. i've yet to get my hands on
king of fighters XI tough it might possibly outdo kof 99 in my book.

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
I have actually played KOF XI in the arcades, so many new characters and such. Oswald is one bad mutha *shut yo mouth* "I only talkin about Oswald?" haha.

Chemo

Elite Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Uncool, post: 0]I have actually played KOF XI in the arcades, so many new characters and such. Oswald is one bad mutha *shut yo mouth* "I only talkin about Oswald?" haha.[/quote]

really, how is it? from the clips i've seen the game seem to be taking a new direction.
i mean the combos where quite impressive but i want to know if combining the fatalities
has limits because a lot of people can cheat and be unstopable...myself included;).

Uncool

Power Member
Aug 27, 2006
Here's a general overview:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KOF_XI
They game flows quite well and Dream Canceling is a neat feature from coming back in clutch gameplay. Several characters are unlockable like some of the midbosses and plenty of returning charcters from previous SNK series like the Duck King and B. Jenet.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
I remember playing a bunch of KOF on my PS1 along with my cousin.

Who knows, maybe someone finds a way to emulate the NeoGeo on Linux? But still, most likely the official games will come with online, leaderboard, and such.

Don G.

Elite Member
Oct 31, 2005
This would be AWESOME!!!! I'd love to be able to play the Metal Slug games on my PS3. I wonder how much the games will cost.

Nov 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Kauldron, post: 0]Oh Snap!!

Samurai Showdown II

You better ask somebody. :lol:[/quote]

:shock: :D :twisted:

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.

Oct 19, 2006
damn this is gonna be sweet. i FN love samurai showdown, king of fighters.......ah us older guys know what we played and loved :) now lets see how people start bashing this.

Chemo

Elite Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="fatalkeyv, post: 0]kof 2002 anyone??(5 words,tryin to follow the rules lol)[/quote]

HOW the hell did i forget about kof 02:shock:. I take back my comment about 99 being the
best in the series.

The combos on that 2002 installment was crazy especially because of the
skip-through mechanics that was sweet.

I also hope they make a decent samurai showdown they pretty much sucked since samurai showdown 2,3.

Loudninja

Master Sage
Jul 7, 2006
[QUOTE="Trinity, post: 0]I bring the news faster than some websites :p

I wonder how much would they charge for these games[/QUOTE]

Sorry to say, The House beat you to this lol.

Trinity

Elite Guru
Dec 3, 2005
[QUOTE="Loudninja, post: 0]Sorry to say, The House beat you to this lol.[/QUOTE]

DAMMIT IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

crazygermanguydestroyinghiskeyboard.gif