Downside to Xbox One X and no 4K TV?

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
This does suck for people who do not have a 4K TV, or an Xbox One X.

When the Xbox One X comes out, games will be very large in size because of the higher texture sizes. Forza 7 will be 100gb in size and you have no choice but to install the entire game whether or not you have an Xbox One X or not. Xbox One S users will have to download 100gb even though they are only using 50gb of the game. (Xbox One S still uses a 1080p image and upscales to 4K)

Microsoft should probably look in to another solution as new games will eat the shit out of their storage space. Naturally this will happen for those who own the One X and a 4K TV, but at least they are gaining something from the storage loss.

Edit - Looks like a spokesperson has come out and said that the files will only download to the appropriate console. Meaning One S users will not have to download the extra file sizes.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Heard about this and it does suck because you only need about 8 of these games to completely fill the internal hard drive once all the apps etc have been added. Makes you wonder why they didn't include a 2TB hard drive instead if they knew this..........

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6531311]This does suck for people who do not have a 4K TV, or an Xbox One X.

When the Xbox One X comes out, games will be very large in size because of the higher texture sizes. Forza 7 will be 100gb in size and you have no choice but to install the entire game whether or not you have an Xbox One X or not. Xbox One S users will have to download 100gb even though they are only using 50gb of the game. (Xbox One S still uses a 1080p image and upscales to 4K)

Microsoft should probably look in to another solution as new games will eat the $#@! out of their storage space. Naturally this will happen for those who own the One X and a 4K TV, but at least they are gaining something from the storage loss.[/QUOTE]

Gamers that don't have an Xbox One X will not need to download 4K assets, at-least according to this:

When it launches, only those who have the Xbox One X will download the assets optimizing games for its 4K capabilities. Those with a regular Xbox One won't, Microsoft said yesterday.
Source
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/27/15879650/xbox-one-x-4k-downloads-patches

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6531311]This does suck for people who do not have a 4K TV, or an Xbox One X.

Microsoft should probably look in to another solution as new games will eat the $#@! out of their storage space. Naturally this will happen for those who own the One X and a 4K TV, but at least they are gaining something from the storage loss.

Edit - Looks like a spokesperson has come out and said that the files will only download to the appropriate console. Meaning One S users will not have to download the extra file sizes.[/QUOTE]

Who told you this shit?

Utter crap, and it was known this was not the case as far back as E3.
Phil was telling every interviewer who asked that this was not the case.

You will have to download the 4k assets if you own an X and 1080 TV though.
As it supersamples the output.

Last edited:

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
A dual layer BD only goes up to 50GB. The 100GB BD is only 4x speed.

Physical owners are kinda getting bummed either way ;)

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6531340]Who told you this $#@!?

Utter crap, and it was known this was not the case as far back as E3.
Phil was telling every interviewer who asked that this was not the case.

You will have to download the 4k assets if you own an X and 1080 TV though.
As it supersamples the output.[/QUOTE]

Calm your ass down and read before you reply. I put a damn edit in the first post before you replied. READ!

The damn edit is even in your quote....

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6531352]Calm your ass down and read before you reply. I put a damn edit in the first post before you replied. READ!

The damn edit is even in your quote....[/QUOTE]

I'm still asking where you got such bollocks from.

[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6531347]A dual layer BD only goes up to 50GB. The 100GB BD is only 4x speed.

Physical owners are kinda getting bummed either way ;)[/QUOTE]

Two discs? Its not like you play from the dam things.

Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6531352]Calm your ass down and read before you reply. I put a damn edit in the first post before you replied. READ!

The damn edit is even in your quote....[/QUOTE]
thread title needs changing as its wrong. in fact, the thread needs removing as it's fake news on your part.

I'd also like to know where you got such bollocks from.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6531373]thread title needs changing as its wrong. in fact, the thread needs removing as it's fake news on your part.

I'd also like to know where you got such bollocks from.[/QUOTE]

Fanboys get so damn defensive..... I read the "bollocks" on the internet. First post was edited with proper info. All you have to do is read to see it.

Fijiandoce

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 8, 2007
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6531355]Two discs? Its not like you play from the dam things.[/QUOTE]
Forza getting it's own exclusive XBX physical copy? The more you know ;)

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Fijiandoce, post: 6531380]Forza getting it's own exclusive XBX physical copy? The more you know ;)[/QUOTE]

Umm been happening all last gen, you just have an additional disc with hir res assets to install. Not that hard. Not a physically different release at all.
Xbox did it a fair bit last gen for hdd installs.
Take a look at games like Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2008
tyneside
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6531375]Fanboys get so damn defensive..... I read the "bollocks" on the internet. First post was edited with proper info. All you have to do is read to see it.[/QUOTE]
thread title needs changing as its wrong. in fact, the thread needs removing as it's fake news on your part.

speaking of fanboys if I may, your the one posting negative thread titles and are simply being called out for doing so.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Yungstar 2006, post: 6531441]thread title needs changing as its wrong. in fact, the thread needs removing as it's fake news on your part.

speaking of fanboys if I may, your the one posting negative thread titles and are simply being called out for doing so.[/QUOTE]

Oh look, more crying............ Hope you run out of tears soon because shits getting old.

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com

Microsoft should probably look in to another solution as new games will eat the $#@! out of their storage space. Naturally this will happen for those who own the One X and a 4K TV, but at least they are gaining something from the storage loss.

Edit - Looks like a spokesperson has come out and said that the files will only download to the appropriate console. Meaning One S users will not have to download the extra file sizes.[/QUOTE]

Here is something on a related note, Xbox One X won't adjust assets based on TV type / resolution:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/06...-game-patches-whether-you-have-a-4k-tv-or-not