Education

May 5, 2011
USA
US people, how do you feel about the U.S. current education? How do you feel about states like Texas cutting stuff out of their history books? How did you feel when you found out about the report that teachers change the answers on major tests to meet stardards? Do you agree or disagree education in this country needs reform? Last but not least, do you think more should be done about bullying in schools?

I'd like to say this on the bullying subject: my high school does nothing about bullying. Hell, the people in the newspaper supposedly helping against bullying? Those ARE the bullies.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
I like our emphasis on creativity, its been fairly advantageous for us.

Having said that, I think most everything else about it kind of sucks.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
There were some statistics released awhile ago concerning the United State's education in comparison with the rest of the world. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the gist of it was this: American students are learning and retaining much less information than other countries, but are significantly more confident than students in other countries. In other words, American students are outwitted, but are confident that they're smarter than students in other countries.

Because of this, we need education reform. There is a lot of emphasis put on the United States being the leaders in everything, and in terms of education, we're clearly lagging behind. I'm not too concerned about being the best, but I'm concerned about how this decline in our education system will effect my generation, and future generations. We live in a time that is crying out for reform and innovation, and if we're not being taught, well, the US will have very little part in that innovation.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
Bullying polices are shittarded, and I say that because I've had to deal with those BS rules. During Middle school, I remember if you got in a fight you couldn't even defend yourself, otherwise you'd get in trouble too.

I don't think the education system needs a reform. I think this entire country needs a reform.

G

GMOESAF

we live in the 21st century but we use education methods of the 18th century thats why humanity is not advancing also "they" do not wish to educate you they wish to teach you and what the wish to teach you is that they are in control and you are a serf education is only geared towards preparing you for work as a slave to the nwo

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5617776]Bullying polices are shittarded, and I say that because I've had to deal with those BS rules. During Middle school, I remember if you got in a fight you couldn't even defend yourself, otherwise you'd get in trouble too.

I don't think the education system needs a reform. I think this entire country needs a reform.[/QUOTE]

Seconded.

squirrelbo1

young rich and tasteless
Jul 27, 2008
London
[QUOTE="vegan_mekey, post: 5617795]Apparently Americans are well adapted at not only getting into a college, but also successfully completing undergraduate degrees without ever learning grammar.[/QUOTE]

Same is true over here. My grammar is terrible.

As for your education. I cannot really comment although it is my understanding that yours isn't the greatest and the disparity between the good and the bad is massive. Also saw somewhere that you guys get like 200 points on your SATs for writing your name. Is this true or just hearsay ?

Inb4 the public v private debate that us inevitable

squirrelbo1 is Tapatalking

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 5617776]Bullying polices are shittarded, and I say that because I've had to deal with those BS rules. During Middle school, I remember if you got in a fight you couldn't even defend yourself, otherwise you'd get in trouble too.

I don't think the education system needs a reform. I think this entire country needs a reform.[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. I understand that they're trying to push towards as little violence as possible, but that's taking it to an illogical point. If you get hit and you either have to take it or defend yourself, human instinct tells you to fight back. And frankly, I'd act on human instinct despite any rule some school imposes.

Xelios

Elite Sage
Apr 15, 2007
I think you guys are missing the true point of that bullying policy. It makes it easier for the administration to make a judgement call on who should get what punishment. It's all really heresay, but if both people are bruised up, then get rid of 'em both.

However I agree and will fight back no matter the rules.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Here in FL there are people graduating High School and spending the first semester at "college" taking pre-college classes. The same ones that I took in HS in VA(given that was 10 years ago).

Dec 10, 2018
Goverment do everything to destroy mass educational system. People even start to use such things to pass their exams and do nothing. We will see the result of this policy in near future...

Berir

Jan 18, 2019
I believe that the current education needs to be revised, and the story has already been rewritten many times. After the semester of training at the new school, I chose my son online tutor and the level of knowledge in a couple of months has risen significantly. Therefore, a significant contribution is made by teachers, the program of which they follow and of course the very desire of schoolchildren. Blame only one side cannot be because everything is interconnected.

Wnnu88

Feb 22, 2019
I believe that the current education needs to be revised, and the story has already been rewritten many times. After the semester of training at the new school, I chose my son online tutor and the level of knowledge in a couple of months has risen significantly. Therefore, a significant contribution is made by teachers, the program of which they follow and of course the very desire of schoolchildren. Blame only one side cannot be because everything is interconnected.
I totally agree with you!