enough with the remake of FFVII, I want a remake of VIII !!

Martijn_

Apprentice
Mar 31, 2007
I'm playing FFVIII again for the 15th time and this game still sucks me in every time I play it. The CGI cut scenes, story and characters still blow me away. Who doesn't remember the opening and the dance scene, even if you didn't play FF in 1999 you still had seen those scenes.

Yes FFVIII has a more romantic story compared to other FF's, but it's a d*mn good one. So I don't get the complains about that. The same for the junction and the draw system. I loved it, If you junction your magic with care and learn the right things to your GF's then there is no problem to it.

This game deserved so much more attention. Just imagine FF VIII with today's graphics....yes, now your hyped right. Seriously if a remake ever gets announced I'm running trhough the entire city of amsterdam screaming of joy. You have my word for that.

Now Square-enix, forget VII and remake VIII!

Sep 7, 2006
VIII doesn't even need a remake. It's fine as is. It has aged quite well. I've been playing through both this and VII, and it is definitely the latter that is in more need of a remake. It's pretty outdated in some respects.

Nov 7, 2009
England
Sorry but FFVII needs a remake more than FFVIII. 8 still looks awesome now in my opinion but if it wasnt for the love that I have for 7 then I would say it looked pretty poor :p

Treefrog

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Driffield, UK
8 is king.

Yeah I'd really like to see a remake of FF8, the tech demo they did for PS2 was rather good for the time.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VREs1rAq9bU"]YouTube- Final Fantasy VIII Ps2 Tech Demo[/ame]

Re do the game in Uncharted 2s engine, it would be brilliant.

Aizen-Sama

Master Poster
Jan 16, 2009
Number one for me: FFVI remake. Theres no chance it would be a PS3 title but I still have slight hopes it will be announced for the PSP.

FFVII remake (and KH3) will probably be announced after Versus is released. I think the remakes will stop at VII tho... VIII and IX are still both easily playable.

VII needs a remake because of how amazing the games world can look with new technology (AC).

LegendaryAim

Master Poster
Jan 6, 2008
Sorry. If we take a look at every Final Fantasy that released it's easy to see that VII is the one in most need of a remake. The 2D sprites have aged well. And FFVII-XII all look great still because they were made with realistic character models instead of the blocky ones that VII was created with.

Dec 23, 2009
Honestly, I'm not the biggest RPG fan, but there was something magical about Final Fantasy VII. I can't even image how beautiful it would be if it were re-done.

Treefrog

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Driffield, UK
[QUOTE="LegendaryAim, post: 0]Sorry. If we take a look at every Final Fantasy that released it's easy to see that VII is the one in most need of a remake. The 2D sprites have aged well. And FFVII-XII all look great still because they were made with realistic character models instead of the blocky ones that VII was created with.[/quote]

Apart from your mixing up of the FFs, yeah i agree with this in some part.

The PS2 FFs don't need to be touched, there completely fine.

In some ways FF8 and FF9 could be left alone. They are generally more advanced then there FF7 counterpart, the FMVs and audio for example.

But then again, FF7 has had 3 (4 if you count the mobile game) spin of titles and 2 films (if you include the anime).

FF8 and FF9 had 1 game. In my eyes this makes them more appropriate for a remake, FF7 has been expanded so much, you know exactly what it would look and play like in full 3D. Let it settle down now.

Give FF8 and FF9 a chance.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Ill be the first to admit that as much as I am in love with the game if they remake it get rid of that draw system and choosing to put item in as a battle option. that should be standard.

DeputyDon

Elite Guru
Jun 7, 2005
www.youtube.com
No. They need to remake FF6.

Or stop all production on FF games and get the Chrono Team back together and make a new Chrono game. Because that would be far greater than any FF SE would make.

dinotante

Dedicated Member
Jan 7, 2008
FF7 for sure. Sephiroth doing battles in HD would be a sight to behold.

---

I do also hope that there would be a PS3 version of Dissidia. The battles, the customization, everything, was just excellent.

Aug 26, 2005
[QUOTE="DeputyDon, post: 0]No. They need to remake FF6.

Or stop all production on FF games and get the Chrono Team back together and make a new Chrono game. Because that would be far greater than any FF SE would make.[/quote]
You know they originally had the game 'Chrono Break' in consideration for the PS2 before they canned it.
Doesn't look like that project will ever get revived.

On topic now, I believe FF VII is in much more need of a remake than FF VIII.
That reasoning is solely based upon the graphics.
FF VIII I can still play till this day because it has great gameplay mechanics and it looks damn good on the PS1 and emulator.

I never played FF VII when it was first released in 1997, and 5 years later did try to play it, but the graphics at that point were outdated, so it was hard for me to really get sucked in.

FF VII does need to get remade more so than FF VIII.

Aug 22, 2006
Alone in the Cold
Meh i hated how 8 did alot of things.
Sure its opening intro is probably the best out of the series and it had good music but i really didnt care how it did pretty much everything else but then again it was alot better than FFX.
I would like a FF9 remake with better ending please.

Jul 10, 2008
Well I do like 8 better than 7 but 7 needs a remake more badly than 8. 8 graphics although looking old are still ok by today's standards. On the other hand, I think FF 7 graphics have aged terribly due mostly to well the character models.

7 & 8 are two of my favourite Ps1 games never alone just FF games.

I have 7,8 & 9 all mint condition, discs still work fine. I'm going to download both FF7 and 8 for my PSP Go. Never had a PsP of my own before so Go's best choice for me but that's another story in another thread.

Those two games combined should see me rather nicely til March 9th 2010.

Dellingr

Apprentice
Jul 31, 2007
As much as I like VIII, I'd like to see VII remade to make the fanboys realize just how random and odd it really is. It'll really show with HD Cloud in a dress getting told by all the guys he's hot. XD Or all the bad innuendos the game has. Especially in the Honey Bee Inn. If they remove that from the remake I'll be disappointed. The Inn was so disturbing yet hilarious at the same time. They better not remove Cid's smoking or the swearing either for that matter.

It's actually kind of worrying if you think about a VII remake. These days I wouldn't be surprised if a remake of VII got a 18+ rating or something. When they remake it they better keep the content of the game the same or it'll be pointless.

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
I thought VIII had the weakest story of the lot. The orphanage thing was just too much. Drawing magic was about as much fun as trying to shave your face with a rabbid squirrel and spray cheese.

Up til VIII, I thought Square could do no wrong.

taurus82

Apprentice
Feb 25, 2008
FFIX & X are the only FFs that need their battle/levelling-up systems improved.
But all should be improved graphically and audibly (bar the most recent installments).

Cloudie

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2005
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 0]More people want FF7 = More money for SE = FF7 getting a remake before 8.[/quote]

And yet they still haven't done either.

Advent Children, Crisis Core, FFVII has been visited and revisted to death. I want to see the world of FF8 expanded.

Squall's more of a hero than Cloud in my opinion.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Cloudie, post: 0]And yet they still haven't done either.

Advent Children, Crisis Core, FFVII has been visited and revisted to death. I want to see the world of FF8 expanded.

Squall's more of a hero than Cloud in my opinion.[/quote]

It doesn't matter which FF is 'better', its all a matter of opinion. At the end of the day, FF7 is the most popular FF ever, so SE will want to do that one more than any other.

Fedos

Master Guru
Feb 21, 2005
[QUOTE="Dellingr, post: 0]As much as I like VIII, I'd like to see VII remade to make the fanboys realize just how random and odd it really is. It'll really show with HD Cloud in a dress getting told by all the guys he's hot. XD Or all the bad innuendos the game has. Especially in the Honey Bee Inn. If they remove that from the remake I'll be disappointed. The Inn was so disturbing yet hilarious at the same time. They better not remove Cid's smoking or the swearing either for that matter.

It's actually kind of worrying if you think about a VII remake. These days I wouldn't be surprised if a remake of VII got a 18+ rating or something. When they remake it they better keep the content of the game the same or it'll be pointless.[/quote]

I don't know about this. I mean, for one, if Square Enix were to take the philosophy that Capcom did when they remade Resident Evil on Gamecube then I think fans of the original would be in for a treat. Capcom crammed new bosses, new areas, and new scenarios into that Gamecube disc and it ultimately made for a better product. I'm sure a lot of the diehards would probably decry anything being altered to Final Fantasy VII (don't get me wrong, I'm also a diehard) I just think that a remake of VII could benefit from that kind of philosophy.