Error Code NP-34924-2

Jun 18, 2020
Hey guys, was just wondering if anyone has dealt with the error code NP-34924-2 before? If so I'd like to find out how do I go about fixing this issue? I am able to get the game, able to play non online games, but not able to play online games. Each time I load an online game up I get a notification telling me "Cannot connect to the server. Network features for this application cannot be used until the system connects to the server." I looked it up and completed all of the steps that were indicated could be the cause of this issue, but I'm still having the issue. I've tried unplugging the modem & router and waited about 10 minutes, restarted my PS4 multiple times, used a LAN cable, restarted the games multiple times and none of it worked. So then I decided to go into the admin account of the router and I've rebooted the router from in there and still having this issue. I can see who is online and have tested the connection on the PS4 itself and it tells me everything seems to be working just as it should, but I cannot play any of my online games. I can join a party, but can't hear anyone and no one can hear me. I went onto the PS support and searched the code and nothing comes up. So then I checked to see if the system is up to date with the software updates, and yes it is. It's on System Software 7.51 so I've run out of any other options that I can test after having also tried taking it to my sister's house and testing to see if it connects to her wifi.

Since even Play Station's support page doesn't bring up that error code I feel like not many people have experienced this mess, but I'm just hoping someone here knows what is going on.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
For some reason Saddiq is unable to reply to his own thread. Here's his reply:

For some reason it wouldn't let me reply to your post. It said that it was either spam or I was posting something inappropriate. Anyway, what I was going to say is that I've tried to restore the licenses and sadly it didn't work either. When I've exhausted all my options that's when I decided to find a forums. It's just weird, because this hasn't ever happened before.
Okay, so do you have a mate's house you can take your PS4 round to and try through their network. I do have a feeling this is some set up in your router in some way, but before you try changing stuff I'd at least try it at a friend's house. If you don't have someone you can take it round to can you perhaps disconnect from your router, and set your phone up as a hotspot (only briefly to see if it gets you past the error code) and connect your PS4 to that? Both help to isolate it to a problem with the PS4, or the Router.

Jun 18, 2020
For some reason Saddiq is unable to reply to his own thread. Here's his reply:

Okay, so do you have a mate's house you can take your PS4 round to and try through their network. I do have a feeling this is some set up in your router in some way, but before you try changing stuff I'd at least try it at a friend's house. If you don't have someone you can take it round to can you perhaps disconnect from your router, and set your phone up as a hotspot (only briefly to see if it gets you past the error code) and connect your PS4 to that? Both help to isolate it to a problem with the PS4, or the Router.
I've tried to use my phone as a hotspot it didn't help. I checked to see if the connections and everything were fine and just as before the system indicates everything is connected just as it did with the WiFi and LAN cable, but the online games just wouldn't connect. And I wasn't this time I wasn't able to join any parties.

Jun 18, 2020
I've tried to use my phone as a hotspot it didn't help. I checked to see if the connections and everything were fine and just as before the system indicates everything is connected just as it did with the WiFi and LAN cable, but the online games just wouldn't connect. And I wasn't this time I wasn't able to join any parties.
sorry for double posting, it wouldn’t let me edit my reply or I’m just not sure how to edit it. But I’ve also took it to my sister’s house. It didn’t work there either.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
It really does sound like a licenses issue, but I'm out of ideas. You sound like you've done everything. Can you raise a support ticket with Sony?

Jun 18, 2020
I’ve tried, but for some reason whenever I go to their support page it takes me to the questionnaire just for it to end up telling me to contact my ISP. Which I did and they told me the router firmware was up to date. Any idea how I’d be able to put in a ticket without going through the questionnaire process?

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
I don't - and looking on their site there no longer appears to be a means of contacting support outside of the boxed help they provide. That's a bit crap