Eurogamer's Game of the Show E3

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Child of Eden

The curtain-raiser at Ubisoft's press conference was, unquestionably, the moment of E3. Needing and receiving no introduction, Rez and Lumines creator Testuya Mizuguchi stood with his back to the Los Angeles Theatre and used Kinect to paint an entire wall with gorgeous high-tech psychedelia, conducting an euphoric crescendo of lush trance with his elegant gestures. "When you play this game, you will be as cool as me," was his wordless promise. It was hair-raising stuff.
It wasn't just that it was a welcome surprise and the unofficial return of a much-loved hardcore classic. It wasn't just that Q Entertainment had taken the hard edges and high pressure of Rez's abstract viral battles and transformed them into something more positive and even more uplifting, through a tonal shift into New Age daydream and the suggestive, cleansing sweeps of the gesture control.
It was, above all, the happy inclusiveness of Child of Eden that won our hearts. Here was a music game and shooter rolled into one. Here was a game willing to bend itself to either Microsoft or Sony's new motion controllers, or to a humble gamepad if that was your preference. Here was the only compelling gamers' game for Kinect at E3, but one whose instant appeal could spread just as far as Microsoft's blatant lunges for the casual market. With a wave of his hand, Mizuguchi made E3 whole again, and we were uplifted.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eurogamers-best-of-e3-2010?page=1

Video's looked good, will defo be looking out for this game in the coming months.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="Stewie Skywalker, post: 5066738]Yeah but isn't there you know... proof to back that up. I mean come on people aren't pulling this out of their ***.[/QUOTE]

No, they are just ignoring all the hands on and banging on about the presentations.

Which is like saying "I see no evil" with you hand across your eyes.
There is multiple "SHOW ROOM FLOOR" videos that will tell you these guys are beating a dead horse.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 5066751]No, they are just ignoring all the hands on and banging on about the presentations.

Which is like saying "I see no evil" with you hand across your eyes.
There is multiple "SHOW ROOM FLOOR" videos that will tell you these guys are beating a dead horse.[/QUOTE]
A significant amount of the hands on stuff are quite negative as well, though.

Sure, there's good things, though it's been largely 'Home-like' for the most part.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 5066770]A significant amount of the hands on stuff are quite negative as well, though.

Sure, there's good things, though it's been largely 'Home-like' for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Positive or negative, it doesnt really matter, but the important thing is no one was crying FAKE!.

X2

Elite Guru
Oct 13, 2004
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 5066763]If I want to trip out on drugs, I'll just buy some xtc. Still cheaper than the Kinect price tag. xD

Plus this game also comes to PS3 as well...

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/143/14354641/vids_1.html

Don't worry guys not trolling ya, I'm not getting any of the motion controllers.. so it's not a big deal to me which is better or which works.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, last I heard he doesn't even have a dev kit.

Stewie Skywalker

A God Amongst Men
Sep 4, 2005
NYC
romanmfrance.com
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 5066770]A significant amount of the hands on stuff are quite negative as well, though.

Sure, there's good things, though it's been largely 'Home-like' for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mean that's what I was getting from a lot of places. Hell G4, IGN, Shacknews, they weren't high super high on Kinect. Yet when that is pointed out here in any fashion, we're downplaying. What the **** is there to downplay? It's not even HYPED lol.

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
[QUOTE="Kingpin326, post: 5066763]If I want to trip out on drugs, I'll just buy some xtc. Still cheaper than the Kinect price tag. xD

.[/QUOTE]

Get some Ketamine instead of Pillz if you want some mad trippy ****.

Admartian

Wibbly Wobbly
Nov 28, 2006
New Zealand
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 5066780]Positive or negative, it doesnt really matter, but the important thing is no one was crying FAKE!.[/QUOTE]
I think people are pointing out 'fake' at the fact that it's heavily inaccurate, yet advertised/presented as being anything but (accurate).

sainraja

Forum Sage
Jun 16, 2006
www.hussainraja.com
[QUOTE="Stewie Skywalker, post: 5066793]Yeah I mean that's what I was getting from a lot of places. Hell G4, IGN, Shacknews, they weren't high super high on Kinect. Yet when that is pointed out here in any fashion, we're downplaying. What the **** is there to downplay? It's not even HYPED lol.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just a few people being a little defensive since the tech is associated with the 360....same way some would have been if this was associated with the PS3.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="admartian, post: 5066799]I think people are pointing out 'fake' at the fact that it's heavily inaccurate, yet advertised/presented as being anything but (accurate).[/QUOTE]

Well, they seem to be scremaing the wrong words then. :)

I never expected it to be super accurate, hell, Ive always mainated that Move is by far the most accurate.

But people screaming "fake" just doesnt really wash with me. I've seen a few comments about how everything was pre-recoreded and it didnt work at all.

As far as I have seen it works largley as advertised, non-withstanding th ewhole stand sit debacle.

Any way, Eden, looks good, and both move and Kinect are optional.