Everyone should get God Of War!

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
[QUOTE="TidalPhoenix, post: 6539957, member: 26102" I just wish it didn't run my PS4 Pro so hot. Fans sound like a bloody boeing at times.[/QUOTE]
I think it's a console sided problem, because I recall the system running very loudly when I am playing FFXV.

TidalPhoenix

Elite Sage
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
Yeah my Pro fan is a Boeing 747 with this game.
I'm going to try it in Performance mode this evening instead of Resolution. I've heard that makes it better. As long as the graphical experience isn't downgraded too much then I'll stick with that.

I think it's a console sided problem, because I recall the system running very loudly when I am playing FFXV.
Yeah, but this is particularly bad. It's like when you're on the map screen in Horizon (if you've ever tried that). Sometimes I struggle to hear the dialogue!!

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Well, this may be the best damn game I have ever played. This game is a masterpiece!! Not many games can keep me inside instead of enjoying the beautiful weather.

TidalPhoenix

Elite Sage
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
In your urinary tract
FINISHED!

Well the story arc anyway. Simply put, one of the best console games I've ever played - no joke.

Just starting to go round and mop up some trophies. Dreading the Niflheim and Muspelheim ones (in a nice, but I know going-to-be-frustrating, way) :D

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Just finished Niflheim last night. Hours of grinding........Happy that part is over with.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
So how is it compared to The Witcher III or Horizon Zero Dawn or Far Cry 5? I'm seeing tons of positive reviews.
The game is pretty damn impressive. Best graphics I have ever seen in a video game. It is simply stunning.
The game itself is fantastic as well. Great story line, voice acting, and controls are spot on. This is a must purchase for all PS owners.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
So how is it compared to The Witcher III or Horizon Zero Dawn or Far Cry 5? I'm seeing tons of positive reviews.
There are a few aspects that may remind you of Horizon Zero Dawn. Imo, it's a solid game, but only ground breaking if you isolate in comparison to the rest of the series.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
There are a few aspects that may remind you of Horizon Zero Dawn. Imo, it's a solid game, but only ground breaking if you isolate in comparison to the rest of the series.
Not sure what defines "ground breaking", but it does beat the shit out of any of the other games in the series.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
I preferred the series being an action game instead of a RPG-lite. Combat is off-putting with how slow it is. Unnecessary loot collecting to pad the length of the game as well an overly melodramatic story uncharacteristic of Kratos. I'll take the over-the-top action with giant fantastical bosses and a streamlined story over this anyday.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I preferred the series being an action game instead of a RPG-lite. Combat is off-putting with how slow it is. Unnecessary loot collecting to pad the length of the game as well an overly melodramatic story uncharacteristic of Kratos. I'll take the over-the-top action with giant fantastical bosses and a streamlined story over this anyday.
You play the game all the way through? Combat gets crazy later on. This is also one of the better stories in the series in my opinion. Well, many opinions really.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
Not sure what defines "ground breaking", but it does beat the shit out of any of the other games in the series.
Ground breaking would be doing something we haven't seen before. What this title did, regardless of viewpoint, was take some inspiration from some of the games that came out prior to it such as Last of Us and Horizon Zero Dawn. By doing so it lost a bit of that touch that made GOW stand out as a more unique product. You may say, "GOW prior was just another action game and nothing else". Sure, if you make it that basic you'd be correct. It wasn't like in the past for example I could pick up the game and make direct correlation with Devil May Cry, a series that is has become known for its stylish combat and huge learning curve when it comes to putting together combos. I'm glad you enjoyed the game more than the prior ones in the series. I don't share your same sentiment.

Last edited:

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
For me there's too much downtime between the fights. To some extent I get that it's done to help with the world building, but it's hard for me to overlook that once the backtracking gets factored in as well.

Don't expect to see many ground breaking games in the future. All games have something seen in the 40+ years games have been around.
Only time will tell.

Jan 13, 2006
United States
You play the game all the way through? Combat gets crazy later on. This is also one of the better stories in the series in my opinion. Well, many opinions really.
I've played through most of it with a friend. He is as big of a god of war fan as I am and decided to go ahead and purchase it. The overall presentation is top notch as only Santa Monica can do. I've no problem with that. The core of the game is very different which is where I take my leave.

Its a different genre of game now and follows the popular trends of today. (Souls-like, Last of Us) Homogenized if you will. A great business-wise decision for Sony as it will maximize sales on what is popular. Just not my preference, that's all.

For me there's too much downtime between the fights. To some extent I get that it's done to help with the world building, but it's hard for me to overlook that once the backtracking gets factored in as wel
I agree. That's the RPG lull implemented for padding. The boss encounters, enemy variety and pacing takes a hit because of this. You'll see nothing like the Poseidon or Chronos battle in this game.

Last edited:

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I cleaned up the last bits of this conversation. Lets move passed the inconsiderate comment please.