*Exclusive* Playstation 5: What to Expect From Sony's Next-Gen PlayStation.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
That’s a good point. The way this current gen played out with the two tiers, it didn’t divide the base as some people had thought. I would certainly dish out a couple hundred to get a ps5 premium.
Yup and the same case scenario with PS2 Slim as well as the PS3 Slim with more GB storage.
Yeah on my end there's still a lot of games I need to catch up on this generation.

Jun 4, 2007
Poof...there goes any chance of enhanced BC..... Fast GPU though.

Edit:Let me stop being mean. Sorry.

Enhanced BC don't just happen automatically. MS puts a lot of work into enhanced xbox/360 BC titles. Not every bc title is enhanced on the xb1. Sony didn't put any effort into BC on the PS4. Every hardcore gamer knows this and anyone with a brain isn't going into next gen thinking Sony will enhance PS1, PS2, PS3 titles or make them BC. Sony did release an Enhanced PS2 title on the PS4 but it came with a fee nor was it BC. My point being that Enhanced BC is possible by Sony IF they want to invest in it.

Those ps4/pro clock speeds says a lot. It means ALL ps4 games will work day 1 on the PS5 without any effort from any developer. That covers 100% of every one upgrading to a PS5 in case developers don't want to patch their ps4 titles to take advantage of the PS5. Mid-gen consoles helped the entire industry to be even more forward thinking with their games. I don't recall any developer releasing a midgen patch for one console and not have one ready for the other. 3rd party isn't going to release a patch for the next xbox and not PS5 or for the PS5 and not the next xbox. You know that's how enhancements work nowadays and how they will work going into next gen. A much different method than how MS is dealing with xbox/360 enhanced titles.

Do I want EBC? Hell yeah. Is it a deal breaker? Not really. Sadly it's not high on Sony's priority list due to the sales of the PS4 without Enhanced BC or BC at all.

Last edited: