F1 2016

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
First of all I bought this game just 4 Days after release and I'm delighted with how codemasters did! A very well made game just perfectly spot on. With so many hating on last year's game this is 10x times better than before. Reviews have been top notch no lower than 8.5 few had 9s.

If you looking for the best F1 game then this is the one for you! Career is great you create a legend customise you, helmets & laptops but only small issue with customise is that it isn't editable I'm afraid. it can go through 10seasons with options to sign to other teams depending on how well you've done. The safety car is back also has VSC safety car! You can speak to the mechanic anytime via L1 button and left on dpad to accept, therest are loads of options can even tell him to shut up if he's distracting you in corners. Like in real life F1 you have to keep eye on everything like tyre wear, fuel, engine can be triggered via the O button 2-3 clicks full view of car if unsure you can interact with the engineer to give you options wether to pit or not choice is yours.

The fun thing about it anything can happen will u risk your tyres for extra few laps or will you gamble a pit stop for a change and try earn the points! Even the engine issues can blow out if you not racing your car in steady form also fuel can run out with out knowing and your out of the race so keep eye on everything lol. Also can tweak few settings while in race like downforce ect ect. In career the modes will now keep you going without skipping practice is better than before and there are challenges to complete to earn driver xp for new upgrades so this time you will not be wanting to skip it will be costly if not completing the challenges the mechanic had said out for you to complete you won't gain driver xp if u skip and you be short on xp for upgrades.

This game is a win win for me, if you want to know how the multiplayer is just drop a reply.

Last edited:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I absolutely love this game, Codemasters have really come up trumps with it this year and I can't stop playing it!

Started my career with Mercedes and chose Hamilton as my team mate, half way through the season and he is leading me by 3 points at the top of the championship. Been a long time since I made it half way into a career season but with all the options and added race realism you can't help but keep going!

Brilliant game even if your not a hard core F1 fan, if you like racing games in general I would 100% recommend picking this up!

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
Well you can read my review on this site to know what I think about this game. The only thing I didn't mention in the review is that it thinks my surname "Varshney" and nickname "Varsh" is offensive. :(

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6519631]I absolutely love this game, Codemasters have really come up trumps with it this year and I can't stop playing it!

Started my career with Mercedes and chose Hamilton as my team mate, half way through the season and he is leading me by 3 points at the top of the championship. Been a long time since I made it half way into a career season but with all the options and added race realism you can't help but keep going!

Brilliant game even if your not a hard core F1 fan, if you like racing games in general I would 100% recommend picking this up![/QUOTE]

I'm top of the table after 2 races not long started it, first race rosberg over took me first corner in Aussie took few laps over take him but finally did the 2nd race in Malaysia I was gettin tyre ware closer tonthe end only had 3 laps to go luckley i made it, but having trouble with tyre testing in practices, quite difficult keep the bar in purple.

Been playing online multiplayer only issue with that there are rubbish drivers on it or idiot's for that matter, they can't avoid, drive let alone brake. If someone coming along side you wanna get ready to be knock off the track or worse out of the race, these kinda players are fools .

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I really like the tyre wear testing in practice, usually score purple in it too! I usually complete the curcuit familarisation in the first practice, tyre wear in the second and the qualifying lap in third practice

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Practice is much better with those all in place, before in other games you couldn't do anything but just see how fast you got that was boring and made you skip them, the challenges are worth it imo it keeps u interested in everything you do now.

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
I am but I have it on Xbox One I might not be welcome :lol:

Back marker cost me a race last night, was leading with 2 laps to go and as I went to pass Ericsson I clipped his front wing and ended up spinning off! Managed to rejoin and make it to the finish without a front wing but ended up coming 5th :pissed:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
Most likely lol shame you on XB wouldn't if minded few races with you & others.

Yh the last cars are pain in the butt if you on a narrow track they tent take all the room or be slow in up coming corners.

Will be playing it again after monza race haven't had alot if time on it as much as I would of liked!! Next stop 3rd race China I believe not my favourite track but hope I do well.

Last edited:

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="wunderless, post: 6519750]I gotta save my pennies for a new wheel![/QUOTE]

What sort of wheel? Logistic G29??

I have an old wheel but not sure if it will work with ps4 it's a logistic GT driving force.

nextgen3

Super Elite
May 15, 2006
Wales, UK
[QUOTE="33x, post: 6519787]I wanna get this but i know it'll be too hard for me as its so realistic this time![/QUOTE]

This is only my 3rd F1 game and I'm doing fairly well on it, some new tracks are hard get use to though like Baku is a really pain!! You will get use to over time playing. Just a natural at it now know you braking know you speed know your car know everything then it will come to you quickly .

wunderless

Apprentice
May 10, 2008
[QUOTE="nextgen3, post: 6519754]What sort of wheel? Logistic G29??

I have an old wheel but not sure if it will work with ps4 it's a logistic GT driving force.[/QUOTE]

I think that would be what I get, the G29.

I have the Driving force GT as well and pretty sure it doesn't work with PS4 which bums me out.

I just can't bring myself to get a racing game without having a wheel.