F1: Best Team of 2014?

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Cast your votes now :icon_thumright:

Although Mercedes dominated the season the feel good story of the year for me was Williams so only for that they get my vote!

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
I would have said Mercedes but throughout the entire year Williams just astonished me, their development throughout the year made them the only constructor to properly put a fight to Mercedes, the only reason they didn't win a race and Ricciardo took them was because of the poor strategies they had. Massa would've won at Gilles Villenueve if Perez didn't get in the way, he could've also won in Austria if they pushed for a better strategy. Bottas could have won one or two too if it wasn't for the strategy. Expect Williams to go all out guns blazing next season. They easily had the fastest cars on the grid and the speed traps showed that.

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
No brainer, Williams. Fraction of the Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari budget yet had a car that was just as fast if not faster than the latter 2 teams.

Mercedes were in a league by themselves but with the money they spent they should have been

BBK..

Master Sage
Oct 19, 2008
In the 36 Chambers
Williams were definitely the quickest through the traps but they built their car with straight line speed on mind.

They definitely had the sexiest looking car with that Martini livery

Feb 2, 2014
Columbus, OH
[QUOTE="JordieDAFC, post: 6407993]No brainer, Williams. Fraction of the Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari budget yet had a car that was just as fast if not faster than the latter 2 teams.

Mercedes were in a league by themselves but with the money they spent they should have been[/QUOTE]

Are we judging it on performance considering money spent or sheer performance? Merc's dominance of F1 says it all.

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
[QUOTE="Bakemono, post: 6408107]Are we judging it on performance considering money spent or sheer performance? Merc's dominance of F1 says it all.[/QUOTE]

Performance considering the budget is how i see it

Feb 2, 2014
Columbus, OH
[QUOTE="JordieDAFC, post: 6408312]Performance considering the budget is how i see it[/QUOTE]
Thats not how F1 works. If it were, Caterham would have won the constructor's championship.

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
Fastest car? Williams?!?!??! hahahaahahahahahahaahahaha!

if thats the case why didnt they win a race and always get shown up by ricc?! nor could they ever catch the silver arrows

Lest forget they are a WORKS team, do you really think petronas will allow to get ideas above their station?!

Obv this goes to the winning constructor

Varsh

Editor /Tech Adviser
Staff member
Jan 5, 2006
UK
When RBR won the constructors 4 years in a row they were far from the quickest, they won purely on aerodynamics keeping them glued to the track around corners, their speed was piss poor and it still is.

JordieDAFC

Superior Member
Apr 16, 2013
Scotland
[QUOTE="Bakemono, post: 6408600]Thats not how F1 works. If it were, Caterham would have won the constructor's championship.[/QUOTE]

Erm, what? You've completely lost me....

[QUOTE="Varsh, post: 6408634]When RBR won the constructors 4 years in a row they were far from the quickest, they won purely on aerodynamics keeping them glued to the track around corners, their speed was piss poor and it still is.[/QUOTE]

Think with a more equal power unit we would have seen the Red Bull put up a fight to the merc. Probably once again had the best chassis but were let down on power