F1 - Rain At Monza

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
[QUOTE="mcav, post: 5148335]Come on, it is not going to be realistic. It will definitely not be F1 CE realistic.[/QUOTE]

It will be better than that, that game was bang in the middle of sim & arcade am sure this will be more or less the same vibe but i feel Codies will put alot more love into their game as the Sony one was very rough, If they can hopefully get it similar to GT5p's F1 car handling it would be great as that was the perfect mix of arcade and sim.

A full blown F1 sim would not work, how many of us could realistically drive an F1 car?

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 5148353]Well driving an F1 car in normal speeds are easier then driving a regular car, it's driving it in those speeds that they do which is hard :D[/QUOTE]

Richard Hammond struggled hard at driving at low speeds, it is easier driving at speed as it help the downforce alot.

Tbh i think 99% of people on the planet would struggle to drive an F1 car!

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Tutankhamun, post: 5148353]Well driving an F1 car in normal speeds are easier then driving a regular car, it's driving it in those speeds that they do which is hard :D[/QUOTE]

As UKHardcore pointed out, it's actually the reverse. Driving at low speeds means less downforce and that coupled with the massive amount of power going through the back wheels just causes you to spin off. The faster you go the better in an F1 car.

ANDY098

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2009
Concerned by the lack of damage and the difficulty level. Those videos must be on a low difficulty with absolutely no damage. Also the starts, every car seems to just accelerate perfectly at the same time. Hopefully there is actually some skill required in the starts.

Mar 20, 2010
Looks utterly brilliant and AI looks like it knows what it's doing although I doubt it's in the same league as GP4's AI.................but the physics look terrible. Just plain awful. I was hoping, nay praying for something that would come close to iRacing or netkar Pro (don't know what these are then don't talk Sims to me)
Rule number one with wet weather driving. Avoid curbs and that's not the case here
Secondly, considering all toys are banned I cannot believe how much grip the guy has putting power down out of turns consider this a Monza set-up would have very little front wing and an even skinnier rear.
Still gonna buy it though an PC mind. Hopefully it will get modded like NFS Shift.
That game out of the box was a dog but with the help of a few hardcore mods was turned into a Sim that could rival GTR2

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
[QUOTE="Spaceman, post: 5148838]Looks utterly brilliant and AI looks like it knows what it's doing although I doubt it's in the same league as GP4's AI.................but the physics look terrible. Just plain awful. I was hoping, nay praying for something that would come close to iRacing or netkar Pro (don't know what these are then don't talk Sims to me)
Rule number one with wet weather driving. Avoid curbs and that's not the case here
Secondly, considering all toys are banned I cannot believe how much grip the guy has putting power down out of turns consider this a Monza set-up would have very little front wing and an even skinnier rear.
Still gonna buy it though an PC mind. Hopefully it will get modded like NFS Shift.
That game out of the box was a dog but with the help of a few hardcore mods was turned into a Sim that could rival GTR2[/QUOTE]

No console sims will ever be iRacing standard, there is a reason why sims on PC is a niche market while Racers on consoles sell millions upon millions to the masses.

also here's some damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPR7nH9U3qQ

Last edited:

ANDY098

Dedicated Member
Mar 12, 2009
[QUOTE="UkHardcore, post: 5148844]also here's some damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPR7nH9U3qQ[/QUOTE]

I don't know how the Ferrari kept it's rear wing or the Force India kept it's front wheels. The Ferrari looks like it is fine and rejoining the track at the end. Starting to doubt this game more as I see more of it.

Mar 20, 2010
F1 2010 is getting a PC release so that argument is moot. Plus if you're going to do a Sim then atleast get the physics correct. I'm not talking driving aids. Sure add those in for people on joypads but atleast get the physics correct.
I'll reserve judgement until I buy it and try it myself with all the aids off.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
The masses wil lap this up for sure especialy those that do not like GT5(prologue) gameplay and physics. I have a friend that tried prologue and didnt like the way the cars handled and he says hemuch prefers grid.

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
[QUOTE="keefy, post: 5149294]The masses wil lap this up for sure especialy those that do not like GT5(prologue) gameplay and physics. I have a friend that tried prologue and didnt like the way the cars handled and he says hemuch prefers grid.[/QUOTE]

Let him have a shot of the F1 car, its the perfect mix of arcade n sim!

Super_Lilith

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2006
If you want an F1 game with all the tracks and features and latest graphics this is the one. But if you actually want a sim and don't mind crap graphics, better of getting an older PC sim and some mods.

gn09

Elite Member
Jan 14, 2009
looks good. but i may just pick this up on rent out of curiosity as i wasnt planning on getting it really, but ill probably give it a play when it comes out

May 10, 2008
I think I just wet my pants!
I've been waiting for this game to come out and I'm excited!
Yea it won't be a full blown sim but whatever, it'll have great graphics, great sounds and and the current line up. I don't have a crap load of time to dedicate to a full on sim anyway. So I'll be stupidly happy when this come out!
Sept 24th right?