Fallout update, Fukushima Japan, august 2013

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
Updates on Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster, 10th august 2013.

RT-network
[video=youtube;SYB1TTV-v3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYB1TTV-v3U[/video]

Talk radio program, Thom Hartman
[video=youtube;MOhb4gVM6rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOhb4gVM6rY[/video]

Last edited:

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
1. I am horribly disappointed, I was expecting news on Fallout 4.

2. Nuclear power is incredibly useful and I think that it would be foolish to turn away from it because of a handful of accidents, two of which should not even really count (3 Mile Island, which was a safe shut down. Chernobyl which was caused entirely by the incompetence of the Ukranian engineers pushing the system past fail safes.).

Lefein

Ultimate Veteran
Jun 9, 2005
It was all an elaborate plot to create a real-life Godzilla. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="Vulgotha, post: 6178277]2. Nuclear power is incredibly useful and I think that it would be foolish to turn away from it because of a handful of accidents, two of which should not even really count (3 Mile Island, which was a safe shut down. Chernobyl which was caused entirely by the incompetence of the Ukranian engineers pushing the system past fail safes.).[/QUOTE]

To extend further on this, most are massively unaware that nuclear power is actually the safest method of power production that we have. Or that burning coal and oil for electricity actually releases multitudes more radiation into the environment. Or understand the longevity in cost and energy production benefits nuclear has over any other option.

Vulgotha

Power Member
Jan 6, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 6178423]To extend further on this, most are massively unaware that nuclear power is actually the safest method of power production that we have. Or that burning coal and oil for electricity actually releases multitudes more radiation into the environment. Or understand the longevity in cost and energy production benefits nuclear has over any other option.[/QUOTE]

Right. There's just this irrational stigma associated with nuclear energy and we really ought to get over it.

Valefor

Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2009
England, UK
The protests that have happened against nuclear power since this accident just shows how short-sighted and ignorant some people are on this issue. Nuclear power is essential, and when nuclear fusion is cracked it will take care of the world's energy needs indefinitely.

K2D

Forum Guru
Oct 19, 2006
The news here, which no one is commenting on, is how the japanese electric company and the authorities are pulling a wail over their people, and failing to put the cards on the table for the rest of the world. In turn, giving nuclear energy a bad reputation as we're so keenly on about here.

@mods: feel free to remove " fallout " from the thread title. Makes it at a little less depressing too perhaps..

Jan 13, 2007
[QUOTE="K2D, post: 6178692]The news here, which no one is commenting on, is how the japanese electric company and the authorities are pulling a wail over their people, and failing to put the cards on the table for the rest of the world. In turn, giving nuclear energy a bad reputation as we're so keenly on about here.

@mods: feel free to remove " fallout " from the thread title. Makes it at a little less depressing too perhaps..[/QUOTE]

Yep, TEPCO is downplaying this thing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

jinsoo

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 6178423]To extend further on this, most are massively unaware that nuclear power is actually the safest method of power production that we have. Or that burning coal and oil for electricity actually releases multitudes more radiation into the environment. Or understand the longevity in cost and energy production benefits nuclear has over any other option.[/QUOTE]

Nuclear power is like the airplanes of energy production. It's the safest method we have. It's just that when something goes wrong, it goes terribly wrong and everyone hears about it.