Family accounts can't play psvr even though they are enabled to do so

Raydude

Jun 17, 2020
Sony does not support PSVR through chat. I might get a call back in a couple of days, but I'm hoping one of you has been through this.

I set up myself as the owner of the PS4PRO and created family accounts for my kids. I'm pretty sure I put in their birthdays correctly.

In the accounts options page I enabled PS VR for my youngest (who is 12) and it was automatically enabled for my oldest (who is 15).

I can play PSVR games perfectly (although Battlezone cause nausea, that's not PSVR's fault), but when we switch to the kid's accounts, the PSVR game and media option are locked out. It gives some message about someone who is allowed to play PSVR must be logged in.

Does anyone have any ideas? I would really rather not having to log in every time they want to play, and I'd really like to keep the account progress separate.

Thanks in advance.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
You can try this:
  1. On your PS4 system, go to [Settings] > [Parental Controls/Family Management] > [Family Management]
  2. Select the user you want to modify the restrictions for and select [Applications/Devices/Network Features].
  3. Scroll down to 'Use of PlayStation VR' select 'allowed'.

Raydude

Jun 17, 2020
Thanks for the reply. I have done that. It still doesn't work. That's why I'm so frustrated. My son hasn't been able to play because I want him to use his own account.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Is your youngest actually 12 now? I know that Sony put up a notice saying it shouldn't be used by under 12's. What I don't know is whether they actually prohibit it on under 12 sub-accounts.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Is your youngest actually 12 now? I know that Sony put up a notice saying it shouldn't be used by under 12's. What I don't know is whether they actually prohibit it on under 12 sub-accounts.

Raydude

Jun 17, 2020
My youngest is 12 and I'm pretty sure I put in his birthdate correctly. However, the eldest is 15 and she's not permitted to play PSVR either.

Raydude

Jun 17, 2020
I found the work around. I had to set the parental filter to age 18, then it worked. This is not an actual solution because he is 12.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Yeah I recall when my boys were younger (17 and 20 now) how utterly crap the family management stuff was in the PS4. They really should have copied Xbox's implementation.

Glad you've got some kind of workaround. I'm sure he's a good lad and won't go playing stuff he's told not to :)

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Yeah I recall when my boys were younger (17 and 20 now) how utterly crap the family management stuff was in the PS4. They really should have copied Xbox's implementation.

Glad you've got some kind of workaround. I'm sure he's a good lad and won't go playing stuff he's told not to :)