Far Cry 5 has an American Cult Setting!!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
Four new teasers have been released for Far Cry 5, confirming that the game will take place in the US - specifically the state of Montana - for the first time in the series' history.

The short trailers end with a message saying that the game will be revealed this Friday, May 26.

Each one shows an image of rural America, then puncture the peace with an unsettling image (the man being used as a face-based bellringer is pretty unpleasant)

They also seem to counter rumours that said the game would take place in a Wild West setting (which would put it in more direct competition with this year's Red Dead Redemption 2) - clothing, weapons and buildings look more modern than the Old West would suggest.

Hope County - the given name for the new setting - is a fictional location. Far Cry 5 was announced last week, but no details were given as to its plot or setting.
All 4 teaser trailers in 1 video:

[video=youtube;xdBo3HLD-ZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdBo3HLD-ZA[/video]

Pretty excited to see what they come up with in this one, shall definitely be tuning into the reveal on the 26th May just to see exactly how it's going to look!

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6529377]Wait.....was some dude ringing the church bell with another dude's head? lol[/QUOTE]

You are indeed correct Chris :lol:

Shall post up the full details when they are revealed on Friday

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Christopher, post: 6529377]Wait.....was some dude ringing the church bell with another dude's head? lol[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with it. U european or something? :p

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 6529408]Not a western.
Looks to me like a nutty preacher and some hillbilly good old boys.

[/QUOTE]
Oh thank God we are gonna kill some religious bastards.

C6603 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
This is what I'm talking about when I say Ubisoft clearly doctor their screenshots:

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
OP Title changed

To be fair it does sort of look like a rinse and repeat, still I'm sure it will sell because it has Far Cry in the title, would have preferred the Western setting though!

Shingo

Forum Guru
Dec 21, 2011
[QUOTE="Duffman, post: 6529476]OP Title changed

To be fair it does sort of look like a rinse and repeat, still I'm sure it will sell because it has Far Cry in the title, would have preferred the Western setting though![/QUOTE]
On the other hand they will heavily compared with rdr2 and brutally insulted on social media. Maybe they did the right choice by chance.

C6603 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Duffman

Selected Members Council
Staff member
Oct 14, 2013
Chillin by the poo!!
[QUOTE="Shingo, post: 6529479]On the other hand they will heavily compared with rdr2 and brutally insulted on social media. Maybe they did the right choice by chance.

C6603 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi[/QUOTE]

Ah right probably for the best then, but that does beg the question that only Rockstar can now make a western game because if anyone attempts to make one themselves people will bash it for being like RDR???

Christopher

Community and Technical Manager
Staff member
Jun 1, 2007
Newnan, GA
I'm lowering my expectations. Far Cry 4 was a big step down from 3, imo. This....I dunno. Doesn't intrigue me at all. But wouldn't be the first time my guy impression was totally wrong.