Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality

Redman_DK

Master Poster
Nov 11, 2005
Each item was purchased, taken home, and photographed immediately. Nothing
was tampered with, run over by a car, or anything of the sort. It is an accurate
representation in every case. Shiny, neon-orange, liquefied pump-cheese, and all.
Follow this link for the pics

This reminds me of all the times I got dissapointed for getting my food, that instead of looking like the menu pic looks like a dead cat they picked up from the freeway.

darky89

Forum Sage
Dec 3, 2007
In the bushes.
Tbh the subway one doesn't come off too badly, sure it doesn't look quite like the picture...but it still looks tasty.

Whereas the real version of this, just...doesn't.

But yeah, i don't expect anything near the pictures nowadays...my pure sweet fastfood innocence has been stolen away from me and replaced with cynicism.... :'(

Feuerstarter

Superior Member
Apr 22, 2007
Why do people even eat this rubbish except when they have absolutrly no time, is a concept I will not ever understand. Its just complete trash.

BRandON99

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2008
LOL I'd like to see them try to sell their deathburgers if they showed the "real" thing on TV.

Feuerstarter is right, but if you don't have time there are still better alternatives than that. That crap'll kill you. Have you guys seen that documentary "Supersize Me"? After I saw that I don't do McDonalds or those places anymore.

JeffPara

Superior Member
Feb 24, 2007

I'd be so disappointed. Only 'fast food' I eat would be Subway, which normally looks really, really good.

Mar 8, 2008
Subway sandwiches normally have 200 more calories than advertised. Also don't eat any fast food its all bad for you.

soldier one

Master Sage
Mar 21, 2005
www.ps3portal.com
Ok i dont believe fod to come out like the pictures but some of those are like they went into the ghetto that doesnt give a **** about food and used that for the pictures because where i go they never look like this. The arbys one for example, i never had my bun cover the meat like that.

Ones i do know are somewhat real. KFC chicken bowl, but its still good, wendys, because they suck anyways. A few others.

Anyways mcdonalds big mac is crap. I dont know anyone that eats it lol. I always get the ouble quarterpounder with cheese. Plus whats wrong with the sausage mc muffin? Anyways your going to mc donalds, your paying A DOLLAR for your food, you want to be in and out in 10 seconds, there is no way they can sit there and give you an all star treatment. Its not just mc donalds either though.

OF COURSE they are going to "beef up" the food for comercials because 1 They got time to do it and 2 they want to make it look good so you come in.

Dont really care as long as my quarter pounder tastes good ill eat it. Either that or il go to arbys or jack in the box and get something better. I eat it alot and im still healthy. Its called self control. Not bashing anyone that doesnt eat it, just the ones that dont and then try to force everyone else not to.

the_End

Master Guru
Jul 30, 2007
Meh, I don't eat fast food at all. I may go to Harvey's but Harvey's is amazing and at least they advertise what it actually looks like.

grcswoosh

Master Poster
Oct 5, 2007
SoCal
What a lame thread.

I'll bet you there are no kids in Africa saying "eww that looks gross".

The only time this food looks gross is when it comes out of you.

It's fast food, what do you expect. Advertising is meant to be the best presentation of a product. This is another "pointing out the obvious" thread. Yawn.

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
wow seeing those photos reminds me of how they actually set things up to make the food look good. Especially that big mac. I haven't had one of those in over six years. There is only one burger place that I will eat and that is In and Out. So good and so fresh. Mhm makes me want food now.

surtur

Super Elite
Oct 5, 2005
[QUOTE="grcswoosh, post: 0]What a lame thread.

I'll bet you there are no kids in Africa saying "eww that looks gross".

The only time this food looks gross is when it comes out of you.

It's fast food, what do you expect. Advertising is meant to be the best presentation of a product. This is another "pointing out the obvious" thread. Yawn.[/QUOTE]you don't think that looking at the advert then the real thing that it doesn't kinda gross you out..? i Hate fast food to begin with and i am not the healthiest eater ill eat a pound of bacon on a hotdog bun but at least i made it. the only time i do ever eat at any of those places is when i need a few extra calories and am in a hurry. but i prefer my steak, potatoes, chicken breasts (yes i said breasts), anything with noodles, but i worked in a fast food restaurant when i was younger and there were many times i would almost puke at the look and smell of all that grease, and the smell of the buns in the warmers is the worst thing ever sweating buns = sick.

but everyone is different and some people live off this kind of food. (or i think a lot of people do.)

grcswoosh

Master Poster
Oct 5, 2007
SoCal
[QUOTE="surtur, post: 0]you don't think that looking at the advert then the real thing that it doesn't kinda gross you out..? i Hate fast food to begin with and i am not the healthiest eater ill eat a pound of bacon on a hotdog bun but at least i made it. the only time i do ever eat at any of those places is when i need a few extra calories and am in a hurry. but i prefer my steak, potatoes, chicken breasts (yes i said breasts), anything with noodles, but i worked in a fast food restaurant when i was younger and there were many times i would almost puke at the look and smell of all that grease, and the smell of the buns in the warmers is the worst thing ever sweating buns = sick.

but everyone is different and some people live off this kind of food. (or i think a lot of people do.)[/quote]
Gross me out? No, not at all. I have learned that nothing sold is as good as the person selling it to you says it is. Well, except the PS3 ;)
I love fast food. Not as much as a home grilled steak with baked potato but, those western bacon cheeseburger from Carls (or Hardees for some of you) are GOOOOOOOOD!!!! I don't care what it looks like, taste is all that matters.

joeold

Elite Member
May 16, 2007
Roseville, Ca
[QUOTE="grcswoosh, post: 0]Gross me out? No, not at all. I have learned that nothing sold is as good as the person selling it to you says it is. Well, except the PS3 ;)
I love fast food. Not as much as a home grilled steak with baked potato but, those western bacon cheeseburger from Carls (or Hardees for some of you) are GOOOOOOOOD!!!! I don't care what it looks like, taste is all that matters.[/QUOTE]
i second that! taste is all that has mattered to me. Looks are deceiving, just ask my ex. :lol:

Goodfella

Super Elite
Jan 4, 2007
I rarely eat fast food anymore, as opposed to when I used to eat fast food 2-4 times a week.
My girl eats that **** daily and I have no idea how she doesn't weigh over 120 lbs. :lol:

BRandON99

Apprentice
Mar 19, 2008
[QUOTE="surtur, post: 0]i am not the healthiest eater ill eat a pound of bacon on a hotdog bun but at least i made it. [/quote]

LOL @ eating a pound of bacon on a hot dog bun:). You're OK in my book.