Feel my pain :(

Jun 15, 2008
So the other day my PS3 was playing up, crashing and shutting down randomly. I left it to cool and started again. Same thing. But NOW it produces random green and blue squares that fill the screen. I phone sony about why my SECOND PS3 is doing this. And this is the sad part. £145 to replace it because i have no warantee, WHICH was fine last time but this time magically isnt. I will try and get it fixed but tbh i think its a joke how my 2nd ps3 has overheated and died. Especially when they replaced it free 1st time.

ReD-SKy

Superior Member
Jul 24, 2006
I am wondering why you are still stuck with ps3 ,
come mon , go to another field and buy the other console ( I won't name it due to restrictive rules) ,
I know you will say the other console has problems too ,but I wanna tell , from 2008 then every console has a good ventilation part

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="ReD-SKy, post: 0]I am wondering why you are still stuck with ps3 ,
come mon , go to another field and buy the other console ( I won't name it due to restrictive rules) ,
I know you will say the other console has problems too ,but I wanna tell , from 2008 then every console has a good ventilation part[/quote]
There are no rules against it, you can say the other 80Gig PS3 :mrgreen:

woodsy85

Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
You got one machine replaced for free after the warrantee ran out yet your complaining about having to pay the second time?
Im not being funny or anything but it sounds to me like, if its happened twice, that you must be doing something, like not giving enough ventilation or something.
As for ReD-SKy's post, are you serious? Everyone knows that the 'other' console as you put it, as a far higher failure rate. And as far as the 'from 2008 then every console has a good ventilation part'' goes well thats just rubbish, as i know 2 people with faulty ones bought last year.

claud3

Power Member
Feb 11, 2009
Agartha
www.facebook.com
Look all the consoles have problems, With overheating, green lines, black lines or what ever lines it comes with the territory.

But it sucks its your second one and it cost £145 to fix it.

I

InfiniteRetro

[QUOTE="Sufi, post: 0]There are no rules against it, you can say the other 80Gig PS3 :mrgreen:[/quote]

lol sufi dude u do rock

ReD-SKy

Superior Member
Jul 24, 2006
[QUOTE="woodsy85, post: 0]You got one machine replaced for free after the warrantee ran out yet your complaining about having to pay the second time?
Im not being funny or anything but it sounds to me like, if its happened twice, that you must be doing something, like not giving enough ventilation or something.
As for ReD-SKy's post, are you serious? Everyone knows that the 'other' console as you put it, as a far higher failure rate. And as far as the 'from 2008 then every console has a good ventilation part'' goes well thats just rubbish, as i know 2 people with faulty ones bought last year.[/quote]

what if I say that I have a console for 3 year (since the end of 2007) and I have no at least one problem since I put it in tough whether and environment ( so hot ) my gaming console is still keeping its energy, health well . :mrgreen:

Jun 15, 2008
TBH i dont think i should pay 145 on top of 400 for a console. I dont have a job or income so its a lot. Its not my fault if sony make the 60gb overheat repeatedly. 2nd time overheating in good ventilation. So i should pay for sonys mistakes? No, tbh i want an 80gb but it means paying 300 when i dont trust this gen of ps3s.

woodsy85

Apprentice
Jun 25, 2007
[QUOTE="ReD-SKy, post: 0]what if I say that I have a console for 3 year (since the end of 2007) and I have no at least one problem since I put it in tough whether and environment ( so hot ) my gaming console is still keeping its energy, health well . :mrgreen:[/quote]

I'd say your very very lucky.
Ive add my 60gb PS3 since it came out in the UK, and so far (knock on wood) ive had no problems.
All i was saying is if someone spent 1000 pounds on a tv and it broke the day after the warrantee ran out, the company that made it wouldnt even think twice about telling you to go away.
You've had one replaced that was out of warrantee which is a good will jesture on sony's part. I agree its unlucky for your second to go but why should sony replace it?
I stick by sony on this one, once is fair enough but for them to pay to repair yours again is just wrong, and bad business.

efs5030

I'm A Monster!
May 30, 2008
www.divineknightsclan.com
[QUOTE="ReD-SKy, post: 0]I am wondering why you are still stuck with ps3 ,
I know you will say the other console has problems too ,but I wanna tell , from 2008 then every console has a good ventilation part[/quote]
cause not everyone likes xbox maybe you do but maybe he doesn't ever think of that?

efs5030

I'm A Monster!
May 30, 2008
[QUOTE="ReD-SKy, post: 0]what if I say that I have a console for 3 year (since the end of 2007) and I have no at least one problem since I put it in tough whether and environment ( so hot ) my gaming console is still keeping its energy, health well . :mrgreen:[/quote]
i would say go back to math class cause that would be a year and a half not 3 years

here i will help you..
begining of 09-end of 07 = about 1 1/2 years...

Omar

Forum Overseer
May 29, 2005
Addison, TX.
[QUOTE="efs5030, post: 0]i would say go back to math class cause that would be a year and a half not 3 years

here i will help you..
begining of 09-end of 07 = about 1 1/2 years...[/quote]
ouch. I didn't think about that.

Xy

Dedicated Member
Oct 23, 2008
Street Fighting
I feel bad for you, i do. Maybe your just an over-addicted gamer? I can play my PS3 for 3 hours or so straight and it stays fine (40GB).. though when i got it, i played for about 5 hours straight (on GTAIV) and it was a little warm.. could it not just be bad luck? I mean REALLY REALLY bad luck?

ReD-SKy

Superior Member
Jul 24, 2006
[QUOTE="efs5030, post: 0]i would say go back to math class cause that would be a year and a half not 3 years

here i will help you..
begining of 09-end of 07 = about 1 1/2 years...[/quote]

heheheh you get me .
yeah you are right , I committed a math mistake , sorry for all .
yet I insist Sony is going worse than expected because of its treatment of customers.
I've adopted an attitude against Sony for it once treated me so bad regardless of respectfulness .
I offer to buy ps2 lens as a separate commodity because I've an idea about how to position it properly on ps2, but I was surprised that they said : plz we can't give you separately this thing, you should bring us your console and we will charge you some costs to repair and replace lens .
what's your opinion about this WORK

efs5030

I'm A Monster!
May 30, 2008
[QUOTE="ReD-SKy, post: 0]heheheh you get me .
yet I insist Sony is going worse than expected because of its treatment of customers.
I've adopted an attitude against Sony for it once treated me so bad regardless of respectfulness .
I offer to buy ps2 lens as a separate commodity because I've an idea about how to position it properly on ps2, but I was surprised that they said : plz we can't give you separately this thing, you should bring us your console and we will charge you some costs to repair and replace lens .
what's your opinion about this WORK[/quote]

idk ive never had trouble with them so i dont really know

Mar 3, 2009
[QUOTE="subaru_sti, post: 0]second ps3? pfffft i'm on my fourth 60 gig. Ps3's are terribly unreliable if you ask me[/quote]

You guys!

Seriously now, you been eating over it. :p

iamspongebob

Superior Member
Mar 27, 2008
[QUOTE="TommyFewty, post: 0]So the other day my PS3 was playing up, crashing and shutting down randomly. I left it to cool and started again. Same thing. But NOW it produces random green and blue squares that fill the screen. I phone sony about why my SECOND PS3 is doing this. And this is the sad part. £145 to replace it because i have no warantee, WHICH was fine last time but this time magically isnt. I will try and get it fixed but tbh i think its a joke how my 2nd ps3 has overheated and died. Especially when they replaced it free 1st time.[/quote]

Wow your situation is almost identical to mine. I made some threads on it. First ps3 died via YLOD second by all the crazy green stuff. If i left my ps3 off for a day then i could get on for about 5 mins till it went all green again.

Can you sometimes not connect the controller? You've probably heard this but try resetting your video settings. Use another tv and av cable (like your ps2 one) although if the controller doesn't connect this likely aint the problem. Try getting onto the system restore screen and do a system restore (although dunno if it'll go green).

Also how long have you had your new ps3? Normally replacement ps3s in warranty come with another free months. But if yours was a free replacement then it won't have warranty. Still i managed to get a free ps3. The first guy sounded bored and was about to tell me it would cost £150. The second guy i told i had had my ps3 for under 3 months and it was unfair it just broke and i got a free replacement... easy (i'd had it 4) i had my newps3 since monday :D

Callo

¡Viva México Cabrones!
Dec 20, 2005
Houston, TX
www.ps3forums.com
I've had two 60GB PS3s since the U.S. launch in 06 and I've never had any problems with them. They are both still working perfectly.

I don't feel your pain because you got a free replacement and, by the way you're acting, you obviously didn't deserve it. Since you had two PS3s die on you, I would guess that you are either very unlucky or you just didn't take care of them. I mean, two? The failure rate is not that high, it's not high at all and your situation is not common.

The only experience I've had with SONY customer service is when I dropped my SONY digital camera and the LCD screen cracked. It was out of warranty and the LCD cracking is not covered in it but I still called them to get it fixed, even if they charged me. To my surprise, they were nice and very helpful. The customer service representative told me that I didn't have to pay anything at all and that they would take care of every cost to fix it. If that is not great customer service, I don't know what is. Unlike the OP, I am very thankful for that.

@ReD-SKy - Just no. :no

VTEGPT

Superior Member
Dec 6, 2008
I Have Bought a 60gb PS3 from day one and it works fine try not playing for 200 hours strait annd probably the problem will go away

efs5030

I'm A Monster!
May 30, 2008
[QUOTE="Callo, post: 0]I've had two 60GB PS3s since the U.S. launch in 06 and I've never had any problems with them. They are both still working perfectly.

I don't feel your pain because you got a free replacement and, by the way you're acting, you obviously didn't deserve it. Since you had two PS3s die on you, I would guess that you are either very unlucky or you just didn't take care of them. I mean, two? The failure rate is not that high, it's not high at all and your situation is not common.

The only experience I've had with SONY customer service is when I dropped my SONY digital camera and the LCD screen cracked. It was out of warranty and the LCD cracking is not covered in it but I still called them to get it fixed, even if they charged me. To my surprise, they were nice and very helpful. The customer service representative told me that I didn't have to pay anything at all and that they would take care of every cost to fix it. If that is not great customer service, I don't know what is. Unlike the OP, I am very thankful for that.

@ReD-SKy - Just no. :no[/quote]

i have no problem with him liking xbox just seriously he is treating it like he is a catholic and trying to shove it down your throat

if you love xbox love it
but dont tell everyone to go buy it because you havent had any problems with them or their customer support team

seebs

Elite Sage
Dec 29, 2006
[QUOTE="subaru_sti, post: 0]second ps3? pfffft i'm on my fourth 60 gig. Ps3's are terribly unreliable if you ask me[/quote]

Thanks! If I ever want to ask you, I'll keep that in mind.

HaTriX

Elite Guru
Sep 26, 2007
[QUOTE="ReD-SKy, post: 0]heheheh you get me .
what's your opinion about this WORK[/quote]

Like sony is going to sell you individual parts of their consoles ? :lol:

You must be out of your mind.

Last time I checked, there are no "do it yourself PS3 kits" in the store

MartinShoo

Apprentice
Feb 12, 2009
Aaaw dude, your so unlucky.
Your ight, you should not have to pay for Sony's mistakes especially seeing as this is your second system and they have still not rectified the problems.