FFXIII and Versus Amazing real time HD Screens

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
http://www.finalfantasyxiii.net/ind...ull&id=1219799284&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Thanks to staffer Shar, aka Monkey, who was mystically in the middle of writing a school paper, found these HD versions of the new screens! Pretty crazy detail going on in these 1280x720 scans. Makes me wonder if FFXIII will be in 720p or if Square Enix is just making the screens that size since plenty of us (including me) still don't have monitors big enough to display 1080p images.
Anywho! Here's the screens, all 10 of them, 3 for Versus, 7 for XIII.
Looks amazing, SE seems to be doing a fine job on the PS3 version. Here are a few of them:

[reveal]
[/reveal]

[reveal]
[/reveal]

[reveal]
[/reveal]

[reveal]
[/reveal]

SonyJunkie

Gaming Guru
May 14, 2006
I was just checking these out, was going to post it. It looks so good, and you know that's what it looks like on the PS3. I may actually give this FF game a shot. Have never played one before, but this one looks so good and have heard that they are amazing games.

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
Yeah they both look bloody amazing and there is soo much time left for them to come out, specially Versus.

At poster above, check link for the rest of the screens. :D

S

saso_7

[QUOTE="SonyJunky6191, post: 0]I was just checking these out, was going to post it. It looks so good, and you know that's what it looks like on the PS3. I may actually give this FF game a shot. Have never played one before, but this one looks so good and have heard that they are amazing games.[/quote]

i second that, considering i'm not pretty much of an rpg gamer myself, only rpgs i've ever owned are persona 3, FFX, and crisis core FFVII, and crisis core is the only one outta the 3 that i've completed

Nunalho

Tekken Elder
Nov 13, 2005
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 0]I want this game THIS YEAR!!! I can't believe we have to wait an extra amount of time just because of a stupid port to the 360. Grr if I could read Japanese I would just import the Japanese version.[/quote]

I think i will learn Japanese just to import and play the game! :snicker

Alastor Mused

Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2008
[QUOTE="Cagalli, post: 0]The jaggies, I see them! :X[/quote]
Something SE is famous for... lack of Anti-Aliasing. FF Online had the same deal :???: Looks amazing tho, The blurring helps.

Kagari

Super Elite
Apr 25, 2007
[QUOTE="unicron7, post: 0]I want this game THIS YEAR!!! I can't believe we have to wait an extra amount of time just because of a stupid port to the 360. Grr if I could read Japanese I would just import the Japanese version.[/quote]

Never been a better time to start learning!

Sai

Superior Member
May 20, 2006
S-E must have some kind of magic crystal in their office or something. these two game looks amazing! can't wait for march 2009 to play the FFXIII 90 minutes demo!

A-SIN

Dedicated Member
Dec 2, 2007
HD just changes everything. Not that the non-HD shots were bad, these just look so much better. I cant wait to play this beast of a game :D

+rep

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
[QUOTE="Alastor Mused, post: 0]Something SE is famous for... lack of Anti-Aliasing. FF Online had the same deal :???: Looks amazing tho, The blurring helps.[/quote]

Many Many Sony games are renowned for this becuase of the lack of hardware that automatically fixes these problems in last gens console and this gens...however anti aliasing is more than possible on the ps3 and i hope to see more games like this, however i think in some games (such as gta) the lack of anti aliasing really makes the atmosphere for the game

RaceworX

Superior Member
Oct 26, 2007
just think it will never look like that when it gets release now.. thats the FF we could have had but now we will get an extra year long wait for the 360 one to be finished and it wont look anywhere close to that...

Nov 10, 2005
I'm really looking forward to Versus. I can't help to think that XIII won't be what it could have now that it's multiplatform.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="RaceworX, post: 0]just think it will never look like that when it gets release now.. thats the FF we could have had but now we will get an extra year long wait for the 360 one to be finished and it wont look anywhere close to that...[/quote]

It has been said, many many times by people here and the devs that the PS3 version will be completed just as you see it. THEN and only THEN will the 360 version be made. They are not making concessions to the game to make a 360 port. Rest assured what you see is what you will get...Stop going on about the 360...:dunce

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007
These games really will be amazing, I'll be getting both. The only games I am actually hyped about, or even care about right now are FF XIII, FF Vs XIII, and LittleBigPlanet. And these games look amazing, hopefully they play as good as they look.

Shadowfyre

Super Elite
Jun 26, 2007
[QUOTE="SuperSJ04, post: 0]versus seem to look better with better graphics. niceeeee :)[/quote]

They're using the same engine, and the graphic quality of both are about even, the only difference is the art style. Personally I prefer Tetsuya Nomura's art style over any other game developer, so I obviously prefer versus.

jlippone

Forum Guru
Dec 2, 2004
[QUOTE="SuperSJ04, post: 0]versus seem to look better with better graphics. niceeeee :)[/quote]
Technically they seem to be the same. (most likely using same engine.)