Fifa 09 Gameplay Vid

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
[QUOTE="marti_, post: 0]i'll tell you guys what needs to be improved: long range shooting and out of the goal square penalty shooting.

if you just tap shoot in a penalty shot the ball has no power and is saved. if you press circle a tiny bit more the player boots it over the nets etc. its almost impossible to get a goal outside of the goal square or even take a long distance penalty.

applying tricks was also very very hard, compared to other FIFAs. doing tricks n things needs to be made easier.[/quote]

long range shooting needs to be worked on, yes. not because it's impossible (it can be done, quite often I might add), but because it's inconsistent. 35 yards out and the ball goes over the keeper and under the bar, but 25 yards out and the keeper makes a wonder save. and this is when you're wide open.

penalty shooting, it can be worked on, but it's fine as it is imo. practice penos more! check out the bar when you're shooting them - just a little bit under 3/4 of the way through gets you exactly the top corner, anything more hits the bar or goes over.

with regards to shooting penos, they should address the guessing aspect. it's balanced, for sure, so imo it's fine as it is, but it could be improved. you should be able to save shots while standing in the center (not having to use the right analog to move around when he shoots) unless it hits the exact corner, which is quite hard to do (especially online).

C

commodore

i just hope that the speed of players reactions are improved. also hopefully some players arent stupidly faster then others (ronaldo)!

Einz

Elite Member
May 25, 2005
NYC
If anyone hasn't noticed... they now have the Be a Pro mode that stretches 5 years... and YOU CAN MAKE YOUR NATIONAL TEAM AND PLAY AT A TOURNAMENT!!! THAT IS INSANE AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS!!!

ABN4LIFE

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2008
Oh man thats is beautiful....Cant wait for the drop...as always ill be getting both FIFA and PES...hope i can play both this year...as PES online sucked in a major way....

Feli

Veteran
Mar 5, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
[QUOTE="ABN4LIFE, post: 0]Oh man thats is beautiful....Cant wait for the drop...as always ill be getting both FIFA and PES...hope i can play both this year...as PES online sucked in a major way....[/quote]

you're lucky you have the time for both!

which one did you like better this year?

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
[QUOTE="Einz, post: 0]If anyone hasn't noticed... they now have the Be a Pro mode that stretches 5 years... and YOU CAN MAKE YOUR NATIONAL TEAM AND PLAY AT A TOURNAMENT!!! THAT IS INSANE AND I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR YEARS!!![/quote]

Yea, that right there makes it a buy for me. It sucked when I learned that on 08 you could only do one single game and I was hoping that you could play the Be A Pro mode like the Manager mode is where you play for so many years. The fact you can play in a national game is a pretty good bonus.

werd

Nov 13, 2005
I haven't played Fifa since 04' but I was wondering if there will be a practice mode where I can just run around and practice dribbling, shooting, pk's, passing etc. Thanks for the replies!

dtom2444

Apprentice
May 16, 2008
s64.photobucket.com
the only pratice like mode in FIFA 08 is inbetween menus and while it loads a match. you can practice dribbling, pks, free kicks, moves, and just take shots. don't know if they'll improve this aswell as little info is even known about the game. it would be nice to be able to add a teammate and practice passes and crosses or a defender to practice ways of getting around him and such

marti_

Superior Member
May 17, 2007
[QUOTE="Feli, post: 0]long range shooting needs to be worked on, yes. not because it's impossible (it can be done, quite often I might add), but because it's inconsistent. 35 yards out and the ball goes over the keeper and under the bar, but 25 yards out and the keeper makes a wonder save. and this is when you're wide open.

penalty shooting, it can be worked on, but it's fine as it is imo. practice penos more! check out the bar when you're shooting them - just a little bit under 3/4 of the way through gets you exactly the top corner, anything more hits the bar or goes over.

with regards to shooting penos, they should address the guessing aspect. it's balanced, for sure, so imo it's fine as it is, but it could be improved. you should be able to save shots while standing in the center (not having to use the right analog to move around when he shoots) unless it hits the exact corner, which is quite hard to do (especially online).[/quote]

ok, if someone else can do long range shots then maybe i need some practice on them. however, compared to other fifa titles, 08 was still harder in terms of long range shots and players performing tricks.

ABN4LIFE

Apprentice
Jan 8, 2008
[QUOTE="Feli, post: 0]you're lucky you have the time for both!

which one did you like better this year?[/quote]

FIFA by far...PES is collecting dust these days...only play it occasionally with friends and my dad...other than that...rubbish

S

SixAxisRumble

It's hard to belive the difference in the two games on the same platform, PES is finished by the looks of it.