Fifth-graders admit plot to kill girl who was 'really annoying'

bash

Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Ontario Canada
The debate over arming school personnel hasn't touched on what to do if confronted by a 10-year-old student with murderous intent. That staggering possibility hit the citizens of the rural Washington town of Colville on Feb. 7, when two fifth-graders were arrested and confessed to a plot to kill not only a female classmate, but six other children. Authorities found a semiautomatic handgun, clip and knife in the backpack of one of the boys, who complained that the girl had become rude and "really annoying." Police later overheard the two talking about killing whoever had snitched on them, too. Although children 8-12 are not considered mentally capable of criminal intent under Washington law, the local prosecutor plans to proceed on charges of conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.
http://now.msn.com/fifth-graders-arrested-in-plot-to-kill-classmate/

That's pretty crazy shit. I wonder how they managed to get it without their parents realizing it.

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
They need a psychologist, not an ass-whooping or time in jail. One of them may be incapable of empathy and the other was possibly coerced into the plot as a friend (as children are persuaded easily). If this is the case then one of them will likely prove to be anti-social (and I mean anti-social by its actual definition; not to be confused with asocial) and become a dangerous detriment in the future.

Jun 4, 2007
[QUOTE="Rapture, post: 6013785]They need a psychologist, not an ass-whooping or time in jail. One of them may be incapable of empathy and the other was possibly coerced into the plot as a friend (as children are persuaded easily). If this is the case then one of them will likely prove to be anti-social (and I mean anti-social by its actual definition; not to be confused with asocial) and become a dangerous detriment in the future.[/QUOTE]That is true. But how about an ass whooping before being sent to the psychologist?:snicker

Nerevar

Sonata Dusk
Staff member
Aug 27, 2005
Equestria
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6013788]That is true. But how about an ass whooping before being sent to the psychologist?:snicker[/QUOTE]

Ah, well, I'm not purely saying punishment should be exempted. I'm simply stressing the importance of figuring out why he thought this was a good idea, over a simple punishment. This kid(s) may have a mental abnormality and an ass-whooping alone won't fix that.

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I admit that I did wanted to kill some annoying people when I was a kid. I had a rough upbringing. Crazy stuff here to plot murder and have the objects in hand.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
Do parents not pay any attention to their kids anymore? If I had ever said something like that I would have been scolded to no end and sent for some mental help.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6013799]Do parents not pay any attention to their kids anymore? If I had ever said something like that I would have been scolded to no end and sent for some mental help.[/QUOTE]

A majority do not. They flop them in front of tv, or computer, or the kids stay in their room and parent think "oh good they out of my hair." I have to say a good amount of parents in the US do not deserve to be a parents because they think of a kid as inconvenient. Going into teaching has made me realize this even more.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Being a father of 6, I find this story pretty frightening. I could not imagine anyone plotting to kill any of my children. This world is so fucked up..

$Greatness$

Master Poster
Sep 4, 2009
Baltimore, MD
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6013764]Smh They need their asses whooped. Very hard;to the point they can't sit.[/QUOTE]

Amen! That's why these kids are out of control now. Parents today don't hand out them firm ass whoopins. Give 'em them fiery ass whoopins and you cut all this dumb shit out. Oh you 'gon learn, child!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
Damn speaking of ass whoopings I used to always get whooped when I was a kid. That shit did straighten me out. I used to be mostly scared of my gramps g'damn he hits hard lol.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
[QUOTE="Kuro, post: 6013845]Damn speaking of ass whoopings I used to always get whooped when I was a kid. That shit did straighten me out. I used to be mostly scared of my gramps g'damn he hits hard lol.[/QUOTE]

I also had my ass whooped on a daily basis. I also deserved it though. Eventually I realized that if I stopped doing all this bad shit, I would not get whooped. My dad had this huge leather belt that hurt like hell. The US was a better place when parents could smack their kids around.

I will say that I do whoop my kids when it calls for it.

Jul 21, 2010
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 6013830]A majority do not. They flop them in front of tv, or computer, or the kids stay in their room and parent think "oh good they out of my hair." I have to say a good amount of parents in the US do not deserve to be a parents because they think of a kid as inconvenient. Going into teaching has made me realize this even more.[/QUOTE]
Why do people on this site always feel the need to single out US like other nations don't have similar cases

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 6013847]I also had my ass whooped on a daily basis. I also deserved it though. Eventually I realized that if I stopped doing all this bad shit, I would not get whooped. My dad had this huge leather belt that hurt like hell. The US was a better place when parents could smack their kids around.

I will say that I do whoop my kids when it calls for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me too I was acting like a complete fool. I feel ya pain bro leather belts, hangers, his gigantic hand lol and his trusty cane are what I get hit with. But yeah exactly only when it calls for it.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="KillingSpree0, post: 6013848]Why do people on this site always feel the need to single out US like other nations don't have similar cases[/QUOTE]

Because I am from the US so that is my experience. If I was a teacher someone where else then that would be my experience.

Feb 15, 2013
They really need to get people in here and study these children because this is a serious issue and it's becoming more common with this stuff happening now. Not only do these boys need help but they really do need neurological scientists, therapists, and Psychologist studying these specific two kids behavior and why they decided on this method to handle the issue.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="bash, post: 6013733]http://now.msn.com/fifth-graders-arrested-in-plot-to-kill-classmate/

That's pretty crazy shit. I wonder how they managed to get it without their parents realizing it.[/QUOTE]

Saw on TV the other day where girls as young a 8 were shooting guns at a range.

[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6013799]Do parents not pay any attention to their kids anymore? If I had ever said something like that I would have been scolded to no end and sent for some mental help.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 6013830]A majority do not. They flop them in front of tv, or computer, or the kids stay in their room and parent think "oh good they out of my hair." I have to say a good amount of parents in the US do not deserve to be a parents because they think of a kid as inconvenient. Going into teaching has made me realize this even more.[/QUOTE]

Those same parents also think its soley the states job to educate their children.

DeadCrow

Apprentice
Jan 19, 2013
I agree that those boys need a good ass beating, but to be fair there are some people who are completely fucking annoying in this world. Now I don't agree with those boys trying killing a little girl. They could've just yelled at her or do whatever kids do these days.

Lebowski

Master Sage
Nov 29, 2007
Bowling
I usually agree with the knee jerk reaction of an ass whooping, but what Rapture says is absolutely right. We need to find out why they are, the way they are so this shit can be prevented and detected early on for other children who have the potential to be ape shit murderers or serial killers when they grow up. Find out their environment, that's most of the time, where the problem begins.

With adults, it's sort of different, they are at an age where they have a concept of right and wrong, so this doesn't always apply, imo.

podsaurus

El Presidente
Jul 2, 2008
in a box
[QUOTE="Coconut_Crunch, post: 6013875]They really need to get people in here and study these children because this is a serious issue and it's becoming more common with this stuff happening now. Not only do these boys need help but they really do need neurological scientists, therapists, and Psychologist studying these specific two kids behavior and why they decided on this method to handle the issue.[/QUOTE]

Is it happening more now or is the news all over it much faster these days? I guess I find it hard to believe that the world was a much nicer place 150-200 years or more ago. I think there was quite a bit of violence in the past but before mass media there was no one to report anything. So incidents were isolated and no one got word of it.

From my own mother's experience as a teacher I can tell you and like Rapture said, these kids need some help. In my mother's classroom about 15 of 25 kids have mental problems, quite a few with autism and behavior problems. One of her kids this year was mad about something and threatened to, take a knife and cut my moms head off. Which is pretty disturbing coming from a 4th grader. People don't understand how difficult it is to be a teacher.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
I was never given an ass whooping and I never tried to kill or rape people.
Children need to know and be taught whats good an bad they don't necessarily need it beaten into them.

Feb 15, 2013
[QUOTE="podsaurus, post: 6014665]Is it happening more now or is the news all over it much faster these days? I guess I find it hard to believe that the world was a much nicer place 150-200 years or more ago. I think there was quite a bit of violence in the past but before mass media there was no one to report anything. So incidents were isolated and no one got word of it.

From my own mother's experience as a teacher I can tell you and like Rapture said, these kids need some help. In my mother's classroom about 15 of 25 kids have mental problems, quite a few with autism and behavior problems. One of her kids this year was mad about something and threatened to, take a knife and cut my moms head off. Which is pretty disturbing coming from a 4th grader. People don't understand how difficult it is to be a teacher.[/QUOTE]

Maybe so but if the News is showing this stuff more I will run with it. My point wont change and this behavior needs to be studied by all those and maybe more and these kids are the perfect project for research like that.

Why did these kids resort to that method of violence because a kid was annoying?

How were these kids brought up by their parents? (If they were brought up normally this doesn't count).

What has happened to these kids to have thoughts like that?

Jaeger

Master Sage
Mar 2, 2008
[QUOTE="Lethal_NFS, post: 6013839]Being a father of 6, I find this story pretty frightening. I could not imagine anyone plotting to kill any of my children. This world is so fucked up..[/QUOTE]
It's shit like this that makes me want to keep my little girl inside rather than let her go out. Honestly, they say our children should be out and active but when shit like this happens, I'd much rather them stay in and watch TV. At least I'd know she's safe.