Film Fresh for the PS3

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
Finally, one of the reasons for Divx certification on the PS3.

I was invited to Film Fresh

http://www.filmfresh.com/

Apparently you can purchase films in Divx format and then play them on your PS3 as long as its registered.

Don't know how? They give instructions here:
http://www.filmfresh.com/help-playstation-3

If you already went through the trouble of regestering, then you should be ok. I hope this helps anyone who was looking for more variety of thier film selection.

More info!:

Film Fresh downloads are standard resolution -- 720x480 NTSC, the same as the standard DVD. Audio is stereo quality, but not surround-sound.
Film Purchases are for US ONLY and unfortunately I do not see an option to rent.

The films will work on ANY Divx certified device. So your computer and any enabled DVD drives should be ok as well.

It's a shame about the lack of HD content, but if that doesn't bother you I hope you enjoy.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]Not true. Site says US residents only.[/quote]

Most people forget about Canada...I mean we are just maple syrup eating lumberjacks who live in igloos eh? ;)

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="Stoffinator, post: 0]Not true. Site says US residents only.[/quote]

Oops. Sorry. It wasn't intentional. I guess I was just hoping for the best.

Staticneuron

Sublimely Static
Feb 3, 2007
Vekta
[QUOTE="mickice, post: 0]Seeing at this only works for Americans and Americans already have the PSN video store with HD content, why not purchase your stuff from there?[/quote]

Choices. There might be films available here that are not available on the PSN. Other than that you are right. I would rather use the store to rent the most popular stuff.

Oct 2, 2006
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 0]Most people forget about Canada...I mean we are just maple syrup eating lumberjacks who live in igloos eh? ;)[/quote]And you Canadians apparently forget about Mexico :).