Final Fantasy General Discussion Thread

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868094]

Impossible for the European version unfortunately, I have the JP/US editions as well though.[/QUOTE]

That sucks! You ever used the glitch before?

PSN ID: gersfc

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
Nope, I will next time I play though lol, I wish the PS3 was region free for PS1 discs though, because I'm gonna have to use the PC to play the US version, then when I get passed the scene, transfer the save to the PS3 and continue off my US PSN version, if you understand all that lol

Here's a better guide on doing it (the guy from the previous vid found the glitch though so its thanks to him)

[video=youtube;oPf6xttVsFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPf6xttVsFU[/video]

The only downside to it is you can't get her ultimate weapon, but I'd still rather do it this way than going through the debug room because it gets glitchy at times.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868109]Nope, I will next time I play though lol, I wish the PS3 was region free for PS1 discs though, because I'm gonna have to use the PC to play the US version, then when I get passed the scene, transfer the save to the PS3 and continue off my US PSN version, if you understand all that lol.[/QUOTE]

Sounds a bit complicated lol

and yeah i remember doing the debug room on the playstation 1 using a gameshark to get Aeris and Sephiroth as playable characters. Glitchy as hell and kept jamming

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868117]cant see the vid yet, but can it be done on psn or do you need the ps1 version?[/QUOTE]

You need physical discs because Sony's PSN PS1 games only give you the option to change discs for that actual game, if you play using the discs on PS3 I'm not 100% sure but it should also work too. Plus I don't think Saga Frontier is on PSN, is it? Either way Europeans are screwed because they never got Saga Frontier.

Which is why I'm gonna have to do it using an emulator (you can change to any disc at any time, including ISOs as that second vid shows).

It only works with SaGa Frontier too (probably used the same source code/engine as VII which is how it works).

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868129]You need physical discs because Sony's PSN PS1 games only give you the option to change discs for that actual game, if you play using the discs on PS3 I'm not 100% sure but it should also work too. Plus I don't think Saga Frontier is on PSN, is it? Either way Europeans are screwed because they never got Saga Frontier.

Which is why I'm gonna have to do it using an emulator (you can change to any disc at any time, including ISOs as that second vid shows).

It only works with SaGa Frontier too (probably used the same source code/engine as VII which is how it works).[/QUOTE]

Duh! lol. It is called the SaGa Frontier glitch lol. I should've known. And I've got a PS3 slim so mine won't isn't BC compatible. Wish it was lol.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868140]Aw hell! Lol no I didn't. I thought all BC was taken out. Shit, looks like I gotta go shopping lol. And not necessarily for this glitch either lol[/QUOTE]

Hahaha you didn't have those FF games you bought on disk did you? :)

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
PS1 BC is 100% software emulated (except PSN download versions which have altered source code to improve with the emulation, for example FFVIII Platinum Disc 4 doesn't work or so I've heard, however the PSN version works, FF2 freezes at a certain point, but PSN version of FF origins works perfect), and some games don't even show up on the XMB (the EU version of Tekken 1 for example, yet the PSN download is fine).

So I'd use this:

http://us.playstation.com/support/compatiblestatus/index.htm

To check if the game has problems (choose any model since all PS3s play PS1 discs the same (except for different region PS3s), the model difference is just for the PS2 games).

So basically, downloading them from PSN = guaranteed to work, but if buying the discs, just use that site to check.

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868175]PS1 BC is 100% software emulated (except PSN download versions which have altered source code to improve with the emulation, for example FFVIII Platinum Disc 4 doesn't work or so I've heard, however the PSN version works, FF2 freezes at a certain point, but PSN version of FF origins works perfect), and some games don't even show up on the XMB (the EU version of Tekken 1 for example, yet the PSN download is fine).

So I'd use this:

http://us.playstation.com/support/compatiblestatus/index.htm

To check if the game has problems (choose any model since all PS3s play PS1 discs the same (except for different region PS3s), the model difference is just for the PS2 games).

So basically, downloading them from PSN = guaranteed to work, but if buying the discs, just use that site to check.[/QUOTE]

Oh alright thanks!

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="LadyDuoMaxwell, post: 5868200]It's my favorite entry in the franchise (followed by FFX). I love the music and school atmosphere given off in Balamb. Though, to be honest, I was never good at Triple Triad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the soundtrack was awesome and something that gets overlooked in my opinion. What was your favourite music in the game?

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
Meh. FFVIII.. basically it's like this...

I feel people who think VIII is soo great get too wrapped up in it's production value. It has pretty visuals and good soundtrack but it's lore isn't so great espeically when compared to other FFs. It doesn't have a great narrative and it lacks a deep mythology. And the gameplay is awful. The Draw System is one of the worst in FF history.

It does have neat characters tho, but it's a shame there not not in a better driven story.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
Ok was thinking if you could choose 6 characters from Final Fantasy I to XII to make up your ultimate team to save the world, who would they be and why?

The characters must be the the good guys in the series! (yup that means no sephiroth! Lol)

Interested to see who people choose

Last edited:

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
Hmm...I'd Choose
Bartz-FFV
Cloud-FFVII
Vincent-FFVII
Squall-FFVIII
Warrior of Light-FF
Cecil-FF4
some of my fav characters and I'd think it be pretty badass if they'll ll team up. :)

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5868387]Hmm...I'd Choose
Bartz-FFV
Cloud-FFVII
Vincent-FFVII
Squall-FFVIII
Warrior of Light-FF
Cecil-FF4
some of my fav characters and I'd think it be pretty badass if they'll ll team up. :)[/QUOTE]

That's the exact same team I would choose!

Although I might switch out WoL with Aerith so I have a white mage in there.

A more interesting question would be, choose 6 villains to destroy the universe, in which case:

Garland
Zeromus
ExDeath
Kefka
Sephiroth
Kuja

Hell yeah let's see some destruction! :twisted:

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868402]

A more interesting question would be, choose 6 villains to destroy the universe, in which case:

Garland
Zeromus
ExDeath
Kefka
Sephiroth
Kuja

Hell yeah let's see some destruction! :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Sorry to disappoint lol nah that's a cool concept, my ultimate team would be;

Sephiroth -FF VII
Kefka - FF VI
Kuja - FF IX
Jecht - FF X
Seymour - FF X
Seifer - FF VIII

thought i'd mix it up a bit, these guys i enjoyed beating the most and make a pretty decent team i reckon

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5868421]Lol me too Aaron her nunchuck attack sucks. Only good as a healer thats what I used her for.[/QUOTE]

You prefer Quistis' whip do you?

;p

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
My world saving party would be made of:

Kain FFIV
Terra FFVI
Squall FFVIII
Yuna FFX
Snow FFXIII
Noel FFXIII-2

Evil wise, it'd probably be:

Chaos FF
Zeromus FFIV
Emerald Weapon FFVII
Ultimecia FFVIII
Necron FFIX
Caius FFXIII-2

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="Thorzilla, post: 5868512]My world saving party would be made of:

Kain FFIV
Terra FFVI
Squall FFVIII
Yuna FFX
Snow FFXIII
Noel FFXIII-2

Evil wise, it'd probably be:

Chaos FF
Zeromus FFIV
Emerald Weapon FFVII
Ultimecia FFVIII
Necron FFIX
Caius FFXIII-2[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah forgot about the Weapons you face in FF VII!