Final Fantasy General Discussion Thread

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868524]Damn I really need to VII. Thinking about it, I only remember Squall, Quistis, Selphie, Rinoa, and Zell as the playable characters lol[/QUOTE]

Your only missing Irvine lol

[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5868527]I'd take Quistis over Selphie anyday. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ha ha yes that whip does come in quite handy! :p lol

Please use the multi-quote function on the bottom right of posts instead of double posting - DarkVincent07

Last edited by a moderator:

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="Gersfc, post: 5868529]Your only missing Irvine lol[/QUOTE]

Lol oh yeah forgot about him. And thats it? I thought there was more for some reason lol. I guess because the other games had loads of characters

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868533]Lol oh yeah forgot about him. And thats it? I thought there was more for some reason lol. I guess because the other games had loads of characters[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats it lol Only the 6 to choose from on this game.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 5868703]I LOVED Final Fantasy VIII. :D It was good.[/QUOTE]

What did you like about it?

[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868571]It's ok you're secrets safe with us :p[/QUOTE]

Leave him and Quistis alone :p lol

Please use the multi-quote function on the bottom right of posts instead of double posting - DarkVincent07

May 5, 2011
USA
[QUOTE="Gersfc, post: 5868705]What did you like about it?[/QUOTE]

Everything, I even had no problems with the draw system.

What I liked about it the most was the love story. It was so sweet and touching.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="The Black Wolf, post: 5868809]Everything, I even had no problems with the draw system.

What I liked about it the most was the love story. It was so sweet and touching.[/QUOTE]

Glad you enjoyed it :)

the love story was a bit too soppy for me but apart from that and the draw system, it was brilliant!

Last edited:

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868533]Lol oh yeah forgot about him. And thats it? I thought there was more for some reason lol. I guess because the other games had loads of characters[/QUOTE]

Seifer is kinda like Sephiroth, you've got him for a short while, also there's Edea.

And yeah I'd totally take Quistis over Selphie any day, my favourite party though is Squall, Rinoa and Zell.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
I loved VIII! I did an ultimate game, the one where you don't level up until you get the GFs that give you bonus points to various stats when you level up...then I power leveled at island closest to heaven/hell and BINGO, fucking über characters lol. I was also a fucking master at the card game and got all the rare cards. I LOVED that mini game, so much fun for me. :D

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868835] my favourite party though is Squall, Rinoa and Zell.[/QUOTE]

That is my favourite party too. There is a lot more Guardian Forces to get than characters. And the GF's had a more prominent role in VIII, even more so than they usually do with all the abilities they learned

Last edited:

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868835]Seifer is kinda like Sephiroth, you've got him for a short while, also there's Edea.

And yeah I'd totally take Quistis over Selphie any day, my favourite party though is Squall, Rinoa and Zell.[/QUOTE]

For the mega win man, same team here: Squall, Rinoa and Zell. I still have my savegame in my PSOne memory card where these 3 are level 99 and the rest are like 40 odd. snicker:

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5868576]I get the feel your gonna blackmail later on the road..:lol:[/QUOTE]I'm definitely going to harass you with this later in the future. :snicker

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5868851]I'm definitely going to harass you with this later in the future. :snicker[/QUOTE]

As well you should, the dirty boy :p ha ha

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Thorzilla, post: 5868847]For the mega win man, same team here: Squall, Rinoa and Zell. I still have my savegame in my PSOne memory card where these 3 are level 99 and the rest are like 40 odd. snicker:[/QUOTE]

Same, all my other characters were low levelled

And on my first playthrough, when you get to lunatic pandora and Rinoa is out of the party so you have to use someone else, I was completely screwed against Sorceress Adel and had to restart, because the monsters on lunatic pandora give really low EXP.

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
[QUOTE="FonFahbre, post: 5868851]I'm definitely going to harass you with this later in the future. :snicker[/QUOTE]

Damn it Fon I thought we were friends!!! :lol:

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868835]Seifer is kinda like Sephiroth, you've got him for a short while, also there's Edea.

And yeah I'd totally take Quistis over Selphie any day, my favourite party though is Squall, Rinoa and Zell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remembered about Seifert, but didn't include him since he's not permanent in your party.

[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5868868]Damn it Fon I thought we were friends!!! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Seems your SOL Kuro :lol:

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5868926]Yeah it seems I'm destined to be stabbed in the back by my "friends". :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol. Such is the way of the Internet.

[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868946]Just got Diablos, so easy when you blind him, then just draw/cast Demi on him.[/QUOTE]

That's right! Damn I had forgotten you've gotta defeat the summons before you acquire them. Damn! This thread is making me wanna say screw VII and start VIII! Lol

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
I'm right at the end of VII but decided to just start VIII, I'm only breeding Chocobos anyway, then when I'm done with IX I'll go through my USPSN version of VII and attempt that glitch (won't bother starting X because I know as soon as I start it they'll announce the release date of XHD).

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5868946]Just got Diablos, so easy when you blind him, then just draw/cast Demi on him.[/QUOTE]

Diablos is so badass, so useful early on! I was going to start FF IV and run through to IX but screw it i am starting VIII.

I have have VIII on the psp, is there anyway i can transfer the save files back and forth from the psp to the ps3?

[QUOTE="RaY_210, post: 5868954]That's right! Damn I had forgotten you've gotta defeat the summons before you acquire them. Damn! This thread is making me wanna say screw VII and start VIII! Lol[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you could blind Diablos! every time i have completed it i have beaten him the hard way lol

You can draw some of the summons but yeah you have to defeat most

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="Gersfc, post: 5868820]Glad you enjoyed it :)

the love story was a bit too soppy for me but apart from that and the draw system it was brilliant![/QUOTE]

That might be the one of the most misguided posts Ive read this month. I didn't want to really post much in this thread cus these topics come up all the time across the net. But this is just dead ass wrong.

The Draw/Junction System is one of the worst I think I've ever run into in ANY rpg. It comes off at first as too complicated with too many menus. It's really not, but it can be for some. But it can really make the game ass easy. I mean EASY.

Squall's Strength can be maxed out by disc one. And if u do this, the game is butt ass easy because u can essentially kill everything in one or two blows. Boss battle? Renzokuken it. Make your HP go down low to activate it, or when u can acquire Aura magic do it that way.

Some like to use the excuse, "well you shouldn't make the game so easy then". And it's really a dumb excuse for any game because a game should be well crafted enough for a player to NOT break a game so darn easy. Games can let you get a little ahead of the curve of you choose to do extra thing or two, but never should let u break a game.
And it's boring to sit there and draw magic all day.