Final Fantasy General Discussion Thread

*goo

Elite Guru
Aug 2, 2008
I suspect you may have misread his post, 'apart from that and the draw system it was brilliant' sounds like a criticism of the draw system.

If I'm right, a little punctuation would've maybe made it clearer (a comma).

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature

Last edited:

Versus

Dedicated Member
Mar 6, 2007
Texas
[QUOTE="*goo, post: 5869072]I suspect you may have misread his post, 'apart from that and the draw system it was brilliant' sounds like a criticism of the draw system.

If I'm right, a little punctuation would've maybe made it clearer (a comma).

Oh lord.....geez -.-;

Well in any case my post is very relevant to the topic cus it's a major flaw with FFVIII lol.

Obligatory Tapatalk Signature[/QUOTE]

Oh lord...geez -.-;

Well in any case my post is very relevant to the topic cus it's a major flaw with VIII lol.

Last edited:

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="Versus, post: 5869066]That might be the one of the most misguided posts Ive read this month. I didn't want to really post much in this thread cus these topics come up all the time across the net. But this is just dead ass wrong.

The Draw/Junction System is one of the worst I think I've ever run into in ANY rpg. It comes off at first as too complicated with too many menus. It's really not, but it can be for some. But it can really make the game ass easy. I mean EASY.

Squall's Strength can be maxed out by disc one. And if u do this, the game is butt ass easy because u can essentially kill everything in one or two blows. Boss battle? Renzokuken it. Make your HP go down low to activate it, or when u can acquire Aura magic do it that way.

Some like to use the excuse, "well you shouldn't make the game so easy then". And it's really a dumb excuse for any game because a game should be well crafted enough for a player to NOT break a game so darn easy. Games can let you get a little ahead of the curve of you choose to do extra thing or two, but never should let u break a game.
And it's boring to sit there and draw magic all day.[/QUOTE]

Misguided post? I guess you aren't allowed an opinion on here no?

And I was actually saying that, personally i did not like the draw system! Also i never played the game and maxed out Squall's stats on disc 1. Never knew you could do that but just because you CAN doesn't mean you HAVE to.

Anyway, Apart from the draw system and soppy love story I, yes me, in my opinion thought it was an excellent game.

I don't expect everyone to have the same opinion and certainly wouldn't diss anyone for having a different opinion to me

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
I don't like the junction/draw system but once you understand it its pretty simple really. I think VII was the best with the materia system, it was extremely simple which is probably another reason why its the most popular, it was easy to understand the system (it was also easy boss-wise), never really had to grind.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5869141]I don't like the junction/draw system but once you understand it its pretty simple really. I think VII was the best with the materia system, it was extremely simple which is probably another reason why its the most popular, it was easy to understand the system (it was also easy boss-wise), never really had to grind.[/QUOTE]

Yeah i liked the materia system myself, like you say easy to use but could set up your characters to suit your style.

Yeah you didn't really have to grind to complete the game but you did if you wanted to beat all the side quests lol

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
Ok just started VIII again, played around 3 hours and at Dollet to do the Final seeD exam. I spent two hours grinding though which i haven't really done before this early on

Be glad when the seeD exam's over though because i think this bit sucks lol

KyleOnTheRun

PSU Editor-in-chief
Jun 1, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I loved the setting and culture of FFVIII, and I didn't mind the Draw system. Junction was weird, but I actually like the idea of drawing your magical power from enemies.

It definitely ranks among my favorite entries in the series, but probably in 3rd or 4th place.

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="KyleOnTheRun, post: 5869413]I loved the setting and culture of FFVIII, and I didn't mind the Draw system. Junction was weird, but I actually like the idea of drawing your magical power from enemies.

It definitely ranks among my favorite entries in the series, but probably in 3rd or 4th place.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty high up on my list too.

Just spent two hours grinding and drawing magic though so ain't liking it, even more so than i usually don't lol

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5869453]What is so wrong about drawing magic? lol I find nothing wrong with it i don't even mind drawing just keep stocking them em and your good to go![/QUOTE]

Everybody has different opinions lol

it just gets boring having to constantly check to draw magic in my opinion. But it ain't that big of a problem obviously cause it's one of my favourite final fantasy's.

Oh yeah i was using your gal Quistis to stock up the magic :p ha

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5869490]Lol I see what you mean tedious work but it works out for you in the end and damn man you guys always gonna put that against me now huh? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah :) lol sorry dude i feel responsible (as i did start it lol) :p lol

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
[QUOTE="Gersfc, post: 5869504]Oh yeah :) lol sorry dude i feel responsible (as i did start it lol) :p lol[/QUOTE]

It's ok bro i know you mean no harm :)
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5869502]I just prefer a MP/Mana system that can easily be recovered with ethers.[/QUOTE]

I see what you mean It's easier that way

Gers

Forum Sage
Jul 19, 2012
Scotland
[QUOTE="zzKurozz, post: 5869512]It's ok bro i know you mean no harm :)[/QUOTE]

cool, your a good sport lol

Enjoy lol

Last edited:

RaY_210

Forum Elder
Jan 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
[QUOTE="Gersfc, post: 5869401]Ok just started VIII again, played around 3 hours and at Dollet to do the Final seeD exam. I spent two hours grinding though which i haven't really done before this early on

Be glad when the seeD exam's over though because i think this bit sucks lol[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah I hated that damn seed test too lol

Monte666

Apprentice
Apr 10, 2012
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 5869728]You should try IX and X.[/QUOTE]

I think I will just started playing rpgs again any other suggestions

From my Damn phone

Kuro

Elite Sage
Jan 30, 2012
Ore no Sekai
[QUOTE="Monte666, post: 5869763]I think I will just started playing rpgs again any other suggestions

From my Damn phone[/QUOTE]

You should play the tales of series or Persona.