Final Fantasy VII battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
I'm at the part where you go to Nibelhiem for the first time and meet sephiroth. Theirs alot of monsters their with black clocks...for a reunion or something. After that part I'm suppoused to go into the mountains but whenever I go their I have to fight a dragon. It always kills me at the worst time.

For example: Ill be out of phoenix feathers and it will take one of my characters down.

Can someone tell me how to kill it easily please.

Ps: I'm in the middle of GOW3 and FFXIII aswell, I play FFVII when my brother is playing GOW3. Don't really have anything to do this week....

Seb

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
London
www.gamerguides.com
I think Aqualung or Beta (the enemy skills) work well so give them a go (if you have them). Also don't forget to steal the gold armlet from it. I don't remember this particular enemy being that hard, but maybe I was overlevel'd...

Apr 27, 2009
romanticrobot.net
Do you mean the monster in the swamp? If you do stay well away from it. You can't beat it yet, not for ages.
Find a chocobo and race over the swamp keeping away from the monster.

You are near Kalm?

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
[QUOTE="markr, post: 0]Do you mean the monster in the swamp? If you do stay well away from it. You can't beat it yet, not for ages.
Find a chocobo and race over the swamp keeping away from the monster.

You are near Kalm?[/quote]
No, I'm pretty sure that's much earlier in the game, around the time you get out of Midgar for the first time.

He's talking about the Materia Keeper at Mt. Nibel. I just remember doing a lot of climbing in that area, lol. As far as finding the easiest way to take him down, I haven't done this method myself, but apparrently you can cast Bio, attack, heal your party members -- rinse and repeat -- and he should take up to 7k worth of damage effectively ending the battle very quickly.

Reminds me of the boss battle in the lifa Tree in Final Fantasy IX. Seems like in every Final Fantasy game there is one simple method to taking down one of the bosses (i.e. a healing item or poison spell) that you never knew existed.

zeon9881

Forum Elder
Jul 7, 2007
It's not the Materia keeper. You know when your going to it and your in the caves. I always have to fight this dragon their.

It casts attacks like flamethrower or bites you. It's the bite that always kills one of my party members.

I guess I just need to level up abit more, any recommendations as to where? I'm gonna try to get 5 more levels and than come back to it :p

Mar 30, 2010
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I'm at the part where you go to Nibelhiem for the first time and meet sephiroth. Theirs alot of monsters their with black clocks...for a reunion or something. After that part I'm suppoused to go into the mountains but whenever I go their I have to fight a dragon. It always kills me at the worst time.

For example: Ill be out of phoenix feathers and it will take one of my characters down.

Can someone tell me how to kill it easily please.

Ps: I'm in the middle of GOW3 and FFXIII aswell, I play FFVII when my brother is playing GOW3. Don't really have anything to do this week....[/quote]

I have found myself enjoying the Synergistic role more and more the longer I got in the game (currently I'm in Chapter 11). My favourite team these days consist of Sazh, Fang (or Lightning) and Vanille. Most of the Paradigms I use only have Sazh as a Synergistic, simply because he does wonders to your team when he begins casting his spells. With other games of the Final Fantasy-series, I've always preferred to be "in the action" (a.k.a. like playing Commando or Ravager in FFXIII, where you know you're actively dealing damage) but I've developed a strange taste for just watching a spell-pumped Fang go berserk on the enemies - and mostly with great result ^^ And as you point out, the Saboteurs are great when dealing with big enemies - especially when you have two in the field on the same time.

S

SocomVet187

[QUOTE="mikelangelo11, post: 5045296]I have found myself enjoying the Synergistic role more and more the longer I got in the game (currently I'm in Chapter 11). My favourite team these days consist of Sazh, Fang (or Lightning) and Vanille. Most of the Paradigms I use only have Sazh as a Synergistic, simply because he does wonders to your team when he begins casting his spells. With other games of the Final Fantasy-series, I've always preferred to be "in the action" (a.k.a. like playing Commando or Ravager in FFXIII, where you know you're actively dealing damage) but I've developed a strange taste for just watching a spell-pumped Fang go berserk on the enemies - and mostly with great result ^^ And as you point out, the Saboteurs are great when dealing with big enemies - especially when you have two in the field on the same time.[/quote]

the guy is asking about ff7 and your replying with ff13 hmmmmmmmmmm

golgotha9

Apprentice
Dec 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
[QUOTE="zeon9881, post: 0]I guess I just need to level up abit more, any recommendations as to where? I'm gonna try to get 5 more levels and than come back to it :p[/quote]

Sounds like you're best bet champ, i can't remember having too much trouble in that area.

jfkgoblue

Elite Member
Sep 25, 2009
South Carolina
[QUOTE="mikelangelo11, post: 5045296]I have found myself enjoying the Synergistic role more and more the longer I got in the game (currently I'm in Chapter 11). My favourite team these days consist of Sazh, Fang (or Lightning) and Vanille. Most of the Paradigms I use only have Sazh as a Synergistic, simply because he does wonders to your team when he begins casting his spells. With other games of the Final Fantasy-series, I've always preferred to be "in the action" (a.k.a. like playing Commando or Ravager in FFXIII, where you know you're actively dealing damage) but I've developed a strange taste for just watching a spell-pumped Fang go berserk on the enemies - and mostly with great result ^^ And as you point out, the Saboteurs are great when dealing with big enemies - especially when you have two in the field on the same time.[/quote]
Fail...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.