Final Fantasy VII : Crisis Core Home Video

Byoushinn

Elite Sage
Mar 22, 2007
you didnt get the pirated version off the internet did you? (which coincidentally hit the net yesterday, a week early)
:(

Aug 14, 2007
[QUOTE="LOCKS-, post: 2644011]The battles look terrible.

Is it not turn based?[/quote]

It's not at all. It's all real time action, and there's not even a list of actions you can take like "cast x spell" or "do x maneuver", it's all random based off the slot machine thingy (I think they said you can pick magic or attack and it'll pick a random one for you). The reviews still say it's a lot of fun and the story's good, so I'm hopeful, even if I am pretty disappointed. The last thing the world needs is more of these damn "action RPGs".

MohQ

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2008
[QUOTE="byoushinn, post: 0]you didnt get the pirated version off the internet did you? (which coincidentally hit the net yesterday, a week early)
:([/quote]

I downloaded it.

But I also pre-ordered it ahead of time at EB :D. I just couldn't resist downloading and checking it out.

I have the Japanese special edition as well (came with the CC PSP), which I played using guess :D. The battle system is a lot of fun. You can attack, dodge and block attacks. And you use L + R to shift through different attacks. You can attack using sword, eventually you also get special attacks and you get to use materia. Such as cure, fire, blizzard etc.

The game play is a little bit like FF12's. You don't see your enemies, its still to some extent like FF7 where you just get into random battles. But when you do get into the battle screen, you can move around in the battle arena. So your enemies could try and attack you, but you can run around dodging them as well. The other cool thing is if you get behind your enemies and hit them from the back, they take a lot more damage.

I am still a nub to the game because I still need to finish FF12 Revenant Wings for DS before I can start playing CC. And cuz I wanna play using the disc and the guide that I will get :D.

Anyone who is a fan of FF series, FF7 to be more precise, needs to get a PSP and play this. You will definitely like it. The tone, the remade music of FF7, the remake of the old places that you visited in FF7 will bring back a lot of great memories :D. That alone makes this game worth it.

fusion2

Superior Member
Mar 25, 2007
Wait woh wtf. England gets it on on 27th of JUNE! Wot possible excuse can they give for releasing it 3 months l8er wen the game is finished!!! FFS

Zabuza

Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2008
US
Haha ya I never quite understood that whole England and U.S. getting different release dates for everything. I mean it's not like they have to re-translate the game to switch American slang with English slang.

Sonyfanboy-uk

Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2005
I got a japanese psp plays jap and uk games and im soo soo tempted to import but i wont as i cant read or understand the language and it would wreck it for me. but seriously that release date is a joke.

MohQ

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2008
Thats because Europe consists of more than just one language. So I guess they like to prepare a proper copy that includes all the languages for European people. If you take business management 101, you will learn about that stuff. Things come out late because people have to make sure the game is OK for that region. Different signs can mean different things in different countries. Last thing Square would want is a sign in their game that represents the F word in a country.

Stuff like that.

Byoushinn

Elite Sage
Mar 22, 2007
[QUOTE="The_Souljourner, post: 0]It's not at all. It's all real time action, and there's not even a list of actions you can take like "cast x spell" or "do x maneuver", it's all random based off the slot machine thingy (I think they said you can pick magic or attack and it'll pick a random one for you). The reviews still say it's a lot of fun and the story's good, so I'm hopeful, even if I am pretty disappointed. The last thing the world needs is more of these damn "action RPGs".[/quote]

lol what?
have you even played the game?
of course there is a list of spells/techniques to choose from on screen :lol:
the only thing the DMV -slot machine- determines is various special attacks/limits and status benefits throughout the battle
the bar across the bottom right contains all the different materia you have equipped, including both spells and special techniques.

Aug 14, 2007
Sorry, I must have misunderstood what I read in reviews. It sounded like you picked one of like 3 actions and the randomizer did the rest. Still sounds like a lot few abilities per battle, but I guess that's ok.

funkybudda

Superior Member
Jan 30, 2007
NYC
[QUOTE="byoushinn, post: 0]lol what?
have you even played the game?
of course there is a list of spells/techniques to choose from on screen :lol:
the only thing the DMV -slot machine- determines is various special attacks/limits and status benefits throughout the battle
the bar across the bottom right contains all the different materia you have equipped, including both spells and special techniques.[/quote]

Im picking my copy up later today, but from the video the battles seems very fast.

So my guess is if you are slow at making your selections, the AI of the enemies will be doing more dmg to you? Correct me if I am wrong about this...

fusion2

Superior Member
Mar 25, 2007
[QUOTE="MohQ, post: 0]Thats because Europe consists of more than just one language. So I guess they like to prepare a proper copy that includes all the languages for European people. If you take business management 101, you will learn about that stuff. Things come out late because people have to make sure the game is OK for that region. Different signs can mean different things in different countries. Last thing Square would want is a sign in their game that represents the F word in a country.

Stuff like that.[/quote]

I get what your saying but personally i live in england. So i dont get why i should have to wait. When it is already in english out in america. :cry:

MohQ

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2008
Did any one pick up Crisis Core from Best Buy?? is the case really metallic? or its just metallic color like the one in Japan? I just want to be sure, if its really metallic then ill freaking buy that too! :D

MohQ

Superior Member
Feb 19, 2008
[QUOTE="fusion2, post: 0]I get what your saying but personally i live in england. So i dont get why i should have to wait. When it is already in english out in america. :cry:[/quote]

Because its cheaper to make one version and ship it to all of Europe than to make multiple versions and ship em to small regions in Europe depending on language and what not. So to help save costs, they throw in all the stuff they need to and make all the changes they need to for European version and just give it to everyone at the same time. But I do agree the wait does suck, thankfully you can import though :).

Aug 17, 2007
Yeah i thinks its really daft that the uk have to wait!

I have a friend who has had the game for a whlile now and i borrowed it from him its excellent i have nearly completed it now.

Ill definately be buying this once the pal version comes out! Its well worth the money (even if its not traditional rpg) (prob makes it better actually)

anyway while trying to play psp games on my tv the colours are all wrong and distorted,

anyone else have this problem???

Thanks in advance (ps i know i should start a new thread but i hav not got enough posts yet)