Final Fantasy VII Remake's Cloud character design has changed

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006

During a talk show at the Final Fantasy “Farewell Stories” 30th Anniversary Exhibition, which is running Mori Arts Center Gallery in Roppongi Hills, Tokyo until February 28, Square Enix debuted four new in-development screenshots of Final Fantasy VII Remake. Unfortunately, those screenshots were limited to those in attendance, and it was said that there are no plans to release them online for quite some time.

According to Twitter reports from the event, Cloud’s design has changed from what we have previously seen. Final Fantasy VII Remake development lead Naoki Hamaguchi said the new design “finally got the OK from [director and original character designer Tetsuya] Nomura.” Either their hard work paid off or Nomura thought the final design was sufficient enough to recognize it as “the closest to the original [design] among those created so far.” Hamaguchi also said the development system is in good order and doing well.

The screenshots themselves featured Cloud and the members of Avalanche. Twitter reports describe Biggs as super handsome, Wedge as refreshingly chubby, and Jessie as cute. And while Cloud has an immaturity suitable for his age, he is still handsome. Everything seems to have been remade from the previously released trailer.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is in development for PlayStation 4.
Probably means we won't see a new trailer and screenshots until this year's E3 at the earliest.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
I mean if it means something good... Then why not? It only means waiting until 2020 or 2021. But yeah it won't be 2018 I guess.
That was a joke. This was originally supposed to be on PS3.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Really? I mean people did want it for the PS3... But SE only releases a game when they feel like it's ready. So it might get delayed until the PS5 is out and get a PS5 patch lmao.
Nothing would surprise me at this point.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
That was a joke. This was originally supposed to be on PS3.
No, you're thinking of Final Fantasy XV when it was still Versus XIII.

Square Enix said immediately after showcasing the PS3 tech demo for VII that they had no plans to develop a remake on PS3.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
I feel this is going to be a crappy remake. I literally want this to be an exact replica of the original with updated graphics. That is all. Same exact turn base style with same exact materia system in place.

PBM

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
No, you're thinking of Final Fantasy XV when it was still Versus XIII.

Square Enix said immediately after showcasing the PS3 tech demo for VII that they had no plans to develop a remake on PS3.
You're right, actually ... but it made people think there was going to be one ... and then they just teased us ... and then they said they will never remake it ever ... and then they announced a remake. So ... lol.

MacP

Veteran
Jun 27, 2008
I have never played FFVII and I always here how brilliant it was so I'm glad they have rehashed the game I'll dive right into it.

I was was more obsessed with Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 at that time and had no interest in FF .

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
I have never played FFVII and I always here how brilliant it was so I'm glad they have rehashed the game I'll dive right into it.

I was was more obsessed with Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 at that time and had no interest in FF .
I think it's going to be far to different for the remake to give any idea how good the original was. Sure, the story might remain the same, but the gameplay looks radically different, and with how they're breaking the agme up into multiple releases, and the first is just supposed ti be Midgar, I can't imagine that 3 would be enough to totally encapsulate VII.

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus

Same here, I haven't tried the original game yet. I started with FFIIIV. Definitely I'm going to get the remake, judging from the screenshots (I know a little bit of the storyline and the characters) it looks cool plus I want to know why almost everyone loves it ^.^".

Anyhow I wish if Square Enix would remake FFIIIV too, it's my favorite one. <.<

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
Oh wow, I didn't even realize that the edit function was missing.

So which FF are you referencing?
Getting off topic, aren't you? :geek:You know exactly which FF game I was talking about.. if not just bring a mirror and direct it toward my earlier post. :sneaky:

Anyhow guys do you think the game will be turn based or real time?

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
Getting off topic, aren't you? :geek:You know exactly which FF game I was talking about.. if not just bring a mirror and direct it toward my earlier post. :sneaky:

Anyhow guys do you think the game will be turn based or real time?
"IIIV" doesn't mean anything in Roman Numerals. 8? Seriously, you don't have to be a dick, it's a simple question.

Xraein

Dedicated Member
May 6, 2008
Venus
"IIIV" doesn't mean anything in Roman Numerals. 8? Seriously, you don't have to be a dick, it's a simple question.

it is a stupid question, the answer is clear as day, smartass. I have already explained that I made a typo because there is NO edit button. If you're a die heart fan of Final Fantasy series you wouldn't waste my time and yours asking such questions, but discussing the next game. Now I'm done with you.

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
Oh yeah, cause I'm psychic. You could have mean anything in place of that typo. So tell us all why you want Final Fantasy ...... VIII? IX? IIX? None of us know if you know how to properly use roman numerals. Clearly, you're one of the people they refer to as "special" just based on how you respond to an honest, and good question.

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
Oh yeah, cause I'm psychic. You could have mean anything in place of that typo. So tell us all why you want Final Fantasy ...... VIII? IX? IIX? None of us know if you know how to properly use roman numerals. Clearly, you're one of the people they refer to as "special" just based on how you respond to an honest, and good question.
Well, there is no X in IIIV, so you could infer she meant to type VIII. I really don't think you guys need to make a big deal of it though.

VayMasters86

Dedicated Member
Sep 13, 2007
Well, there is no X in IIIV, so you could infer she meant to type VIII. I really don't think you guys need to make a big deal of it though.
I was thinking either that, or that he/she hit "I" two extra times, but decided to be pissy about it.

Lethal

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2007
Same here, I haven't tried the original game yet. I started with FFIIIV. Definitely I'm going to get the remake, judging from the screenshots (I know a little bit of the storyline and the characters) it looks cool plus I want to know why almost everyone loves it ^.^".

Anyhow I wish if Square Enix would remake FFIIIV too, it's my favorite one. <.<
lol you mean Final Fantasy II?

IIIV = 2 (though nobody uses this as II is the same thing.)
IV = 4
IX = 9
VII= 7

L

l0is

I don't really care much if they want to redesign the outfits of the characters. It doesn't affect the gameplay which I came to enjoy from the older Final Fantasy games.