Final Fantasy XVI Gameplay Trailer Reveal (PS5 Showcase 2020)

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Glad they have decided to not to do a more modernized FF going for something more like FF11 or FF14. Im not sure on the gameplay but with Yoshida who directed FFXIV Realm Reborn iit gives me some hope. I liked FFXIV a lot since I got the Free Trial a while back it's one of the good FF's.
Well I think it's timed exclusive console wise like some Bethesda games. Sony has a had a 3 timed exclusives so far with FF7 Remake,Project Athia and now this.

TidalPhoenix

The Last of Us
Staff member
Dec 16, 2006
Glad they have decided to not to do a more modernized FF going for something more like FF11 or FF14. Im not sure on the gameplay but with Yoshida who directed FFXIV Realm Reborn iit gives me some hope. I liked FFXIV a lot since I got the Free Trial a while back it's one of the good FF's.
Well I think it's timed exclusive console wise like some Bethesda games. Sony has a had a 3 timed exclusives so far with FF7 Remake,Project Athia and now this.
I absolutely loved FFXIV Realm Reborn!!

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
I didn't really care for the trailer. Voice acting / dialogue seemed off. However, I'm never one to turn down a new Final Fantasy title.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
When there is a release date I'll be more interested. Until that day comes, I sleep.
Supposedly it's set to release in 2021. But yeah, we'll see what happens. To be honest, I'm more interested in knowing when Part 2 of Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming out.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
I absolutely loved FFXIV Realm Reborn!!
Yeah it's pretty good.
When there is a release date I'll be more interested. Until that day comes, I sleep.
Yeah you got that right with Square Enix they change their minds all the time as they develop their games. For long production periods especially Square Enixs first production department.

Yeah I'm unsure about if it's a single player action game or has party members. Like I mentioned Yoshida done a great job with Realm Reborn. So we'll see what happens

Supposedly it's set to release in 2021. But yeah, we'll see what happens. To be honest, I'm more interested in knowing when Part 2 of Final Fantasy VII Remake is coming out.
Well I thought FFVII Remake was fun and some things were better such as they fixed the battle system from FFXV. I found it too short and not enough cool side quests. It was a bit overhyped. I'd say when Part 2 comes it will be a similar length or a little bit bigger than part 1.

NoUseMercenary

Gamer & Crypto Investor
Staff member
Sep 17, 2005
Well I thought FFVII Remake was fun and some things were better such as they fixed the battle system from FFXV. I found it too short and not enough cool side quests. It was a bit overhyped. I'd say when Part 2 comes it will be a similar length or a little bit bigger than part 1.
Yeah, but the game was only Part 1, so there is only so much they could cover story wise. You can tell they added a lot of filler to extend the playthrough. Plus, there is basically New Game+ where you can go back through and beat the game in hard mode. If you get the Platinum trophy, like I did, it's a solid 35-40hrs of gameplay.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah, but the game was only Part 1, so there is only so much they could cover story wise. You can tell they added a lot of filler to extend the playthrough. Plus, there is basically New Game+ where you can go back through and beat the game in hard mode. If you get the Platinum trophy, like I did, it's a solid 35-40hrs of gameplay.
That's true with the production side of things and being set in Midgar. But I'm fascinated on how they will do future parts of it such as the world and balancing the level side of things.

But I feel like even compared to other JRPGs 40 hours isn't a lot compared to other JRPGs which is the price it pays for it's high production values. Yeah but if you really want to play it for a challenge then hard mode is good but content wise there's only the summon fights,battle simulation and a extra boss. Summon fights was the most exciting thing about FF7 Remake.

FinalxxSin

Dedicated Member
Jul 26, 2015
But I feel like even compared to other JRPGs 40 hours isn't a lot compared to other JRPGs which is the price it pays for it's high production values.
You're right 40 hours isn't a lot, but then again part of that may be due to how the games are designed. Most JRPG with random enemy encounter mechanics tends to extend out the amount of time it takes the player to get to the end. Sure it adds on gameplay time, but I can also understand the sentiment if it was just padding out time. I do feel people that played RPGs in the 80s or even 90s may not see the random encounters as padding out time, but more so a victim of design due to lack of technology during its time.

AsterPhoenix

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2008
You're right 40 hours isn't a lot, but then again part of that may be due to how the games are designed. Most JRPG with random enemy encounter mechanics tends to extend out the amount of time it takes the player to get to the end. Sure it adds on gameplay time, but I can also understand the sentiment if it was just padding out time. I do feel people that played RPGs in the 80s or even 90s may not see the random encounters as padding out time, but more so a victim of design due to lack of technology during its time.
Yes that is the case with older JRPGs that have automatic encounters while roaming the field. For some series like Tales,Trails,Persona series or even Idea Factory games I think it's less time since if you see a enemy on the field you encounter it. Those games easily do 50-100 hours if not more.