Finally got an xbox

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
Personally, if you haven't, do try Halo 3... I know it sounds cliche, but it truly is a good game.

Also, Fable II...

Gears 1&2 are sound bets...

Also, a game that didn't get a lot of critical acclaim, Dark Sector... can be had for dollars in bargain bins now :)

I am naming exclusives only, since really the MP games have been available the whole time.

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
you forgot Forza Cuguy lol but if your into RPG,s then defo check out Lost oddysey
obviously if you liked GTA4 then you can now get the GTA episodes either on disk or Download

Pez_555

Master Guru
Feb 3, 2006
i still cant believe i havent played Gears 2 yet. i used to be addicted to gears 1.

jesus i really need to get on that.

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 0]He got Forza with his bundle :) Didn't forget it!

I need to pick up Lost Oddysey[/quote]

lol i just owned myself with that post

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
While it isn't a huge leap, you will appreciate the new mechanics in Gears 2...

the meatbag physics really play well in slowing an enemies' charge. He can be running full on and you can unload on him and watch him slow, then as he is bleeding out crawling away , finish him.... :)

There are some other tweaks, but really it just expands on an already awesome game.

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 0]lost odyssey is the best rpg this gen. you will get hooked.[/quote]

Really? I've always had my eye on Lost Odyssey, but I've heard there's alot of technical issues with it.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="SYLiam, post: 0]Really? I've always had my eye on Lost Odyssey, but I've heard there's alot of technical issues with it.[/quote]

I never noticed them. I have played pretty much every rpg this gen and I am still in awe of LO. Eternal Sonata is a very very close seconed. The stories and graphics on that games are awsome. MAgna carta 2 is another good one to pick up. Tales of vesperia as well (cause I dobut they will port the ps3 version)

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
yer Lost Odyssey is an awesome rpg that ive still yet to finish.(upto Disk 4)
but as for it having technical issues ive never experienced any .

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
Lost ODyssey was suppose to be XboX version of FF cause mistwalker is made up of mainly old FF people. I really hope mistwalker makes a seconed LO/

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
well if into town tomz, so ill make a list of these :), also ive got a squeak on the 2 back buttons is this normal? and is there any way to stop the xbox been so noisy when playing a game? installing seems to do the trick but what about when i run out of space?

Kydosan

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
Condemned - probably looks very dated now, but if you like survival horror you need to play this

Crackdown - superhero sandbox (with vehicles) it's a pretty basic game -expect nothing from the campaign - but there's a lot to like, especially in co-op

Dead Rising - hard to describe succinctly, read some reviews. If it sounds like your kind of game it's worth checking out.

Trials HD - arcade game, make sure you keep an eye on the time, it's easy to waste hours in this

ODST - skip Halo 3, ODST is like a Halo highlights reel, and has all the MP DLC

The Orange Box - if you didn't check this out on the PS3, this is apparently the superior version

Left 4 Dead - great fun, and you meet a lot of cool people playing online

GTA DLC - way better than the IV campaign IMO

And all the stuff above, Gears, Mass Effect, Fable etc. I've probably missed some too.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="bfd_josh, post: 0]well if into town tomz, so ill make a list of these :), also ive got a squeak on the 2 back buttons is this normal? and is there any way to stop the xbox been so noisy when playing a game? installing seems to do the trick but what about when i run out of space?[/quote]

just uninstall the game data. Youll see where it says xx game data and xxgb of space. Yes with out games installed the xbox reves up disc preparing to launch them into space.

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
[QUOTE="John25, post: 0]yer Lost Odyssey is an awesome rpg that ive still yet to finish.(upto Disk 4)[/quote]

D-disc 4?! Jesus this must be a long game!

Would you say it's up there with some of ye olde Final Fantasies?

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit there, everyone gave some great advice on games - I'd recommend Fable 2, just played the episode 1 and it's interested me in getting the rest of the game.

Sony Pizza

Forum Elder
Sep 27, 2007
Take it from me, here are some truly classic games that you will want to invest in.

Oblivion (Game of the year edition)
Assassin's Creed (second one is coming in 14 days)
Call of Duty 4 (the second one is coming in 7 days though)
Left 4 Dead (second one is coming in a couple weeks)
Grand Theft Auto 4
Halo 3
Gears of War 2 (Gears 1 not nearly as good)

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]Oblivion (Game of the year edition)[/quote]

Yes! I got the GOTY version, and even though I have over 90% of the achievements... I still don't understand the game, I just hack and slash, never touched magic.

[QUOTE="Sony Pizza, post: 0]Gears of War 2 (Gears 1 not nearly as good)[/quote]

I WILL SMITE YOU!

The first Gears will always destroy Gears 2!

carlosb

Superior Member
Sep 19, 2007
Brownsville, TX
[QUOTE="Yuuichi, post: 0]I never noticed them. I have played pretty much every rpg this gen and I am still in awe of LO. Eternal Sonata is a very very close seconed. The stories and graphics on that games are awsome. MAgna carta 2 is another good one to pick up. Tales of vesperia as well (cause I dobut they will port the ps3 version)[/quote]

The port for TOV is already being done with extra content. I'm pretty sure of that, but then again if you can live without the extra content you can pick it up for about $30 online.

Yuuichi

Miqo'te Bard
Oct 25, 2009
[QUOTE="carlosb, post: 0]The port for TOV is already being done with extra content. I'm pretty sure of that, but then again if you can live without the extra content you can pick it up for about $30 online.[/quote]

thats awsome. guess ill hafta buy it for ps3 when it hits. I like the extra stuff with eternal sonata, gave it a bit more feel tho the normal difficulty was equal to encore on xbox.

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
right so from everyones pitching in so far i have on my list

fable 2
gears 2 + 1
halo 3 + odst
lost odyssey
gta LEOLC
oblivion
cod4 (gunna get 2)
left for dead (might aswell get 2)
mass effect
half life

anything i need to add take away from that list?

Kydosan

Forum Elder
Apr 3, 2007
[QUOTE="SYLiam, post: 0]I WILL SMITE YOU!

The first Gears will always destroy Gears 2![/quote]
I second that. Kryll FTW!

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
Congrats on the purchase, Josh. Despite being a Playstation 3 fan and supporter, I'm not going to lie and say the Xbox 360 isn't a fine piece of work.

As for recommendations;

I, personally, wouldn't recommend Halo 3: ODST. While many people think it's a blast, I personally thought it was rather boring and had a very low fun factor. The original Halo 3, on the other hand, is a blast. Played through the entire campaign with a friend the day I purchased the game. It's still fun when you're on solo, but if you want to get the full experience out of this title I'd recommend getting a bud to come over when you play it and do some cooperative.

Another title I'd recommend would be Just Cause. It's an older title, and somewhat outdated, but it's something that even today I still play. To be honest, the story [in my opinion] was not very strong, however, the environment and the ability to just free roam around the setting is more fun than you'd initially think. Quite frankly, I went through the campaign of this game just so that I could get the full experience out of the free roam.

For my last suggestion, I'd say Crackdown. It's another older 360 title, yes, however it's another one that got me hooked. With Crackdown 2 on its way, I'd recommend purchasing this title if you can find it cheap, and taking a good, solid run through it. Once you get used to it and get past some of the first missions, I think you'll get into the game very much like I did when I played it.

Hope these suggestions help you select titles in the future.

Spider

Elite Sage
Jul 16, 2008
orange box...
mass effect...
fable 2...

GeoW and halo are not that good IMO...

L4D is an acquired taste... though i never tried it on xbox...

star ocean is pretty good as well...

but fable and mass effect alone are worth the 360 price tag...