Finally got an xbox

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
game[/URL] which you should not install on your hard drive. That title is Halo 3, the best selling first person shooter from Bungie, exclusive to the Microsoft platform. Engineer Mat Noguchi made a post on the Bungie forums, spotted by Joystiq, in which he basically said that the game could be loading significantly slower if a hard drive install was performed. The problem is that Halo 3 was created so that “if a HDD is present, we copy maps from the DVD to the utility partition on the HDD” so “even if Halo 3 is already installed on the HDD, it will still copy maps to the utility partition”, which could result in a lot of hard drive activity slowing down the console.

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
played lost odyssey so far and enjoyed that, played gears not that keen at first but i can see it been a grower, played halo, again not that keen, mass effect seems really good but wont install past 46% so not really played it before i take it back, gunna play some fable now and see how i like that :)

Sep 29, 2008
[QUOTE="SYLiam, post: 0]D-disc 4?! Jesus this must be a long game!

Would you say it's up there with some of ye olde Final Fantasies?

Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit there, everyone gave some great advice on games - I'd recommend Fable 2, just played the episode 1 and it's interested me in getting the rest of the game.[/quote]

LO an incredibly classic style JRPG, very similar to the older ones.

Yeah it's a big damn game, 50 hours at least, The characters honestly weren't as memorable as I hoped but the story kept my interest and everything else is gold.

Doesn't reek of UE3 sameness either, though there are some framerate dips semi frequently, they never get bothersome and installing it pretty much gets rid of the issue, if you so please.

PTPOGO

Apprentice
Mar 20, 2008
[QUOTE="dc89, post: 0]I have Lost Oddysey and it's really good.

I also like Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3. Both of these are can be bought for buttons now and well worth it.[/quote]

PGR3 was fun that was the first 360 game I played and thought the graphics were excellent for the time.

skulpt

Master Guru
May 27, 2005
www.adigitaldreamer.com
Mmmm.. Mass Effect is worth finishing IMO if you can. It's a good game from start to finish. :) Congrats on getting a 360. It's a great console with great games and online.

[QUOTE="bfd_josh, post: 0]played lost odyssey so far and enjoyed that, played gears not that keen at first but i can see it been a grower, played halo, again not that keen, mass effect seems really good but wont install past 46% so not really played it before i take it back, gunna play some fable now and see how i like that :)[/quote]

MR_T

Forum Elder
Oct 20, 2007
[QUOTE="bfd_josh, post: 0]right today i got

halo 3
crackdown
geow 2
mass effect
lost odyssey
fable 2

:), just installing them all now so my 360 dosent take off and tell you if i like em

EDIT schaffin hve you got live?[/quote]
thats a damn fine collection you have yourself already there. if it hasnt been mentioned already test drive unlimited is well worth its bargain bin price these days. spent over 100 hours on that game when it was released

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
should have really picked up the First gears to get into the story and as far as i know its still popular online

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="bfd_josh, post: 0]right today i got

halo 3
crackdown
geow 2
mass effect
lost odyssey
fable 2

:), just installing them all now so my 360 dosent take off and tell you if i like em

EDIT schaffin hve you got live?[/quote]

No mate. I might get it in the future, but at the moment I do not have Xbox Live. :(

SYLiam

Superior Member
Jan 10, 2008
Another game I can recommend, is Dragon Age: Origins.

Picked it up today, only 4 hours in but I'm REALLY enjoying it! It has a WoW feel to it. Also, according to reviews, it takes over 50 hours (not including side missions) to complete.

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
hey josh i just remembered i still need to get my Gears 2 Co-op achievements so if yer want we can do a Co-op playthrough together just let me when

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
[QUOTE="SchaffinOSX, post: 0]No mate. I might get it in the future, but at the moment I do not have Xbox Live. :([/quote]

nightmare, you getting it any time soon? have mine hooked up threw my mac :)

[QUOTE="SYLiam, post: 0]Another game I can recommend, is Dragon Age: Origins.

Picked it up today, only 4 hours in but I'm REALLY enjoying it! It has a WoW feel to it. Also, according to reviews, it takes over 50 hours (not including side missions) to complete.[/quote]

ill add it to my list of games to get :)

[QUOTE="John25, post: 0]hey josh i just remembered i still need to get my Gears 2 Co-op achievements so if yer want we can do a Co-op playthrough together just let me when[/quote]

yer mate thats cool, whats your xbl? same as psn? ill add you up

PsychoMantis

Mr. Ten-A-Key!
Nov 20, 2005
My 360 died a few weeks ago, I plan on buying an elite when I get the money. I gotta get some games since I don't have any at the moment. :lol: