Firefox 4 - Download Now!

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
I uninstalled the beta and removed saved data passwords etc thinking itonly applied to the beta but nope it removed all stuff from FF3.6 also :(

Adblock and noscript work fine with FF4.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
Yes Firefox! I support Mozilla and refuse to give data about the sites I type in my address bar to Google. (*cough* Google Chrome *cough*)

I've been with the Beta for months now so the switch wasn't a pain at all! I made the tabs, the toolbar and every just like Firefox 3. :D

Also try the addon Speed Dial it's Fantastic! (see below)

Last edited:

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
Damn I just formatted and reinstalled RC some hours ago :p
Oh well I'll be updating tomorrow.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
[QUOTE="VintageElise, post: 5477916]Argh. Switching browsers is a pain the arse.[/QUOTE]
How much a pita can it be? I uninstalled 3.6, installed 4.0, and done.

MjW

Forum Sage
Oct 30, 2006
[QUOTE="F34R, post: 5477939]How much a pita can it be? I uninstalled 3.6, installed 4.0, and done.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. And you can actually back up, history, bookmarks, passwords etc.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
I am curious to see what everyone's Firefox looks like.. I posted my screenshot above, as you see I made it just like Firefox 3. :lol:

Post your screens! My screen is above.

Last edited:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
i thought wirth FF4 it would do what IE does when hover over the tskbar icon when you have multiple tabs open but ti doesnt it still uses everythign in one process.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="three3-times, post: 5477985]FF too slow
GC = WINNING[/QUOTE]

*don't blame me for going off topic on this rant here because you guys are the one's bringing chrome into this Firefox thread*

FF = Doesn't track which sites you type in your address bar and send it to Google.
GC= Does do that and much more tracking. Have you ever wondered why Google made the omnibar and ditched the search bar?

Who's winning? Also Firefox is much faster and also has Hardware acceleration with FF4.

You could argue that you can disable it but most people aren't aware of technology and how it works, also then I don't have a search bar that can give me suggestions..

Plus Firefox is Open Source, much more customizable (ie all the changes they made visually in Firefox 4 can be reversed can't do that on Chrome with their horrible 2 row only site previews when it was way better before), still has the superior add-on library (no comparison to Adblock Plus on FF since it's much superior to all the spin-offs and Speed Dial)

Last edited:

33x

Super Carlton
Staff member
Dec 26, 2007
SW London
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 5477994]*don't blame me for going off topic on this rant here because you guys are the one's bringing chrome into this Firefox thread*

FF = Doesn't track which sites you type in your address bar and send it to Google.
GC= Does do that and much more tracking. Have you ever wondered why Google made the omnibar and ditched the search bar?

Who's winning? Also Firefox is much faster and also has Hardware acceleration with FF4.

You could argue that you can disable it but most people aren't aware of technology and how it works, also then I don't have a search bar that can give me suggestions..

Plus Firefox is Open Source, much more customizable (ie all the changes they made visually in Firefox 4 can be reversed can't do that on Chrome with their horrible 2 row only site previews when it was way better before), still has the superior add-on library (no comparison to Adblock Plus on FF since it's much superior to all the spin-offs and Speed Dial)[/QUOTE]

FF for me is UNTOLD slow, i use it as certain websites i use dont intergrate with GC.

anywho, hoping FF4 is gonna be the 'one' for me!

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
True. back on topic. As you can see by my username I've supported Mozilla for quite a while. ;)

Firefox 4 Mobile is also out for those interested and have a smartphone.

Adblock Plus (this will save a lot of precious data!) also works with Firefox 4 Mobile and a lot of addons you know and love!

[video=youtube;5hm_7JOU6Jw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hm_7JOU6Jw[/video]

Last edited:

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
So whats different in 4? :S

[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 5477925]Yes Firefox! I support Mozilla and refuse to give data about the sites I type in my address bar to Google. (*cough* Google Chrome *cough*)

I've been with the Beta for months now so the switch wasn't a pain at all! I made the tabs, the toolbar and every just like Firefox 3. :grin:

Also try the addon Speed Dial it's Fantastic! (see below)

[/QUOTE]

How did you make it look liek Fire Fox 3? I cant stand chrome cause of how it looks and FF4 reminds me of chrome. x.x

Last edited:

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5478042]So whats different in 4? :S

How did you make it look liek Fire Fox 3? I cant stand chrome cause of how it looks and FF4 reminds me of chrome. x.x[/QUOTE]

Its alot faster than 3.6 and has a slightly different look.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 5478051]Slightly? it looks ugly >.>[/QUOTE]

You can change all the settings to make it look exactly like Firefox 3, did you see my Screenshot?

Fenix

Elite Sage
Aug 19, 2007
Ontario, Canada
[QUOTE="Firefox, post: 5478059]You can change all the settings to make it look exactly like Firefox 3, did you see my Screenshot?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I want to know how to do it. :p

EDIT: After searching for ages, found an option that makes it better for me. xD

man im dumb. x.x

Last edited:

Kyaw

Master Sage
Jul 30, 2008
Been using Firefox since i have been introduced to the interwebz. I cant really find any reason to use Chrome over FF apart from the theoretical benchmarking speed advantages. In my day to day forums and media browsing, i find both to be about the same speed.