Firefox keeps crashing after latest update

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
The latest update of Firefox (55.0.3, 64-bit) keeps crashing for me, especially when I try to watch youtube clips. I've tried to disable hardware acceleration, disabling the plugins and even reinstalling Firefox. Nothing helps. I never had this problem before this update. Watching youtube works fine in Chrome, but I'd rather not use Chrome. I've tried to search for people with the same problem, but there doesn't seem to be anyone with this problem.

Do you guys have any suggestions that could solve my problem?

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
[QUOTE="Two4DaMoney, post: 6532624]Firefox wasn't running correctly on my pc a few months ago. I started using one of their extended support versions. It solved my problems for the most part.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll check it out.

[QUOTE="-Dj-, post: 6532629]Here the fix www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html[/QUOTE]

I have it already. I use it for watching youtube clips and other (firefox) problem sites, for now. But I hope I find a solution to my Firefox problem or that the next update fixes it. There's something with Chrome that I don't like, I can't put my finger on what feels off to me, but there's something that doesn't feel right to me.

keefy

Supreme Veteran
Nov 18, 2007
The Sock Gap
[QUOTE="Lethal, post: 6533671]I forgot Firefox was a thing. Haven't used it in years.[/QUOTE]

I like the customisation of Firefox, but stopped using it at the beginning of this year because it was too CPU and memory hog. Some websites would lag like crazy in FF but Chrome are fine.

Libra-75

Superior Member
Jun 30, 2013
The latest Firefox update fixed my crash problem. So now I can use my prefered browser 100% again. :)

Thanks to all of you who tried to help.

May 29, 2005
[QUOTE="Libra-75, post: 6532639]There's something with Chrome that I don't like, I can't put my finger on what feels off to me, but there's something that doesn't feel right to me.[/QUOTE]
I've had that feeling since day 1 of that thing.