Football [Soccer] Thread - Fantasy starts soon, code on page 145

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
[QUOTE="Womble, post: 0]Lol good times :D What team do you support Emerald ??[/quote]

I'm a gooner Womble.
Did you see Lehman's mistake against Blackburn? *sigh*

Womble

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
Na i had to choose between MOTD or watching Dude Where's My Car, for like the 15th time and too bad im a sucker for that love i freakin love it :p

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
All Lehmann has been doing lately is making mistakes.

Had to post this xD.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/v/bvW0HeHoC58[/embed]

Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
Rumors about Martin Jol being fired are flying around. IMO it's a little ridiculous. It's three games in, and they've got three points. Man U has played three games and has 2 points, does that mean Ferguson should be canned? It's far too early to say whether a manager should be fired or not.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Heinze got OWNED!, no trip to Pool for you Heinze, Benitez is crying over it too. It's all good.

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]All Lehmann has been doing lately is making mistakes.

Had to post this xD. [/quote]

He's a bit of a liability alright! We bought a Polish keeper pre season - apparently meant to be the dog's nuts but I havent seen hide nor hair of him as yet

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
i hear lehmann is out for at least two weeks with an achilles injury. All i can say is FANTASTIC! Now we could give that new Polish keeper a go between the sticks but AW will probably play Almunia instead.

PS3World

Forum Elder
Nov 25, 2006
Alright, since this thread has turned to football discussion thread,i may as well change the title.

Chelsea are gonna win the league this season!

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Why is Chelsea automatically going to win the league, you seem to be forgetting the current champions, there is also no reason why the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and maybe Spurs can't challenge.

Chelsea bring in the likes of Ben Haim etc and all of a sudden they are more pro than last season >_>.

Womble

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
Na i jus think Chelsea will win the league, i dont think Spurs, 'pool or Arsenal will win, the only team i think will chalenge Chelsea is United.

Anway i got my ticket to watch Bristol City Vs Man City next wednesday :p should be a great game

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
The league is going to be tighter this year.
Man u off to a bad start - but that won't last unfortunately lol. They have been playing well but not getting results.

Liverpool look tidy enough - no reason why they wont be chasing the title.

Arsenal ( my team! :) ) have been written off by many pundits since Henry left. Could work in our favour - no expectations = not as much pressure; so we could prove the pundits wrong.

Chelsea have a good chance of winning the title by plodding along, playing the same old boring footie as usual zzz ;-). Though if Drogba takes a bad knock and is out for any length of time - Chelsea are in trouble.

Anyone else challenging for the title? Nah...I still can't see past these 4.

Firefox

Master Sage
Jan 7, 2006
Canada
[QUOTE="PS3World, post: 0]Yay We won today!!!:-D:-D (Arsenal) Great goal from the premiership's best midfielder. Fabregas!!![/quote]

And great chances by our best player as well: Van Persie. I couldn't believe
the penalty didn't go in, but thankfully that's where Fabregas came to win
the game. :)

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
And Almunia pulled off a couple of very decent saves. I bet the back 4 felt more confident with him between the sticks. C'mon you gunners! :)

Big match for Man U and Spurs today. Both need that win. I guess I am hoping for a draw ;-)

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
[QUOTE="PS3World, post: 0]Yay We won today!!!:-D:-D (Arsenal) Great goal from the premiership's best midfielder. Fabregas!!![/QUOTE]

Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes. On another note yes today is a must win match for United vs Spurs.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
To be honest the goal was clearly going on target even if it hadn't knicked Tevez.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_MJFyB7xJ6w[/embed]

But other than that early contender for goal of the season? was a long way out.

Feb 16, 2007
It definitely was going on target, but I think that little contact the ball made with Carlos Tevez just about managed to take it past Paul Robinson.

Chemo

Elite Member
Oct 19, 2006
[QUOTE="Phaded, post: 0]Ha! Heinze has confirmed to have been bought by Real Madrid, good riddance and i hope he flops.[/quote]

he flop with us and overated Farca couldn't get by a 10 men racing.

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
Awww man, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has confirmed he has retired, a true United great he will be missed!.

[embed]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/tsNLo_a65sY[/embed]

The greatest goal scored my Ole.

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
Apparently Jens Lehmann has spat the dummy out of his pram and taken a hissy fit after Wenger told him he would no longer be number one choice between the sticks.
He's taken it sooooo well that hes been reported to have begun to look to other clubs for a transfer before the transfer window shuts in a few days.

Even though I'm a big Arsenal fan... i won't lose any sleep if Lehmann walks.....