Football [Soccer] Thread - Fantasy starts soon, code on page 145

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
I will, he provides brilliant comedy on MOTD. The guy thinks he's solid and he pushes any opposing player withing 2cm of him to the ground, it's brilliant xD.

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
Champions league draw in case anybody hasnt seen it yet came out like this:

Group A

Liverpool, Porto, Marseille, Besiktas

Group B

Chelsea, Valencia, Schalke, Rosenborg

Group C

Real Madrid, Werder Bremen, Lazio, Olympiacos

Group D

AC Milan, Benfica, Celtic, Shakhtar Donetsk

Group E

Barcelona, Lyon, Stuttgart, Rangers

Group F

Manchester United, Roma, Sporting Lisbon, Dynamo Kiev

Group G

Inter Milan, PSV Eindhoven, CSKA Moscow, Fenerbahce

Group H

Arsenal, Sevilla or AEK Athens, Steaua Bucharest, Slavia Prague

All the British clubs have been seeded so that they dont meet each other in these group qualifiers but there is still some tasty fixtures within the groups. I can't wait :)

Phaded

Phading Reality
Jun 5, 2006
What's the point?, to me it's the worst league in the world only because it's Celtic who are the clear winners all the time lol.

Jun 28, 2007
Pah that's true, but teams are changing fast, I don't think Celtic will be that great for long.

It's the same with the premiership, it's always **** Chelsea or Manchester United.

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
[QUOTE="NeCrOpHoBiC, post: 0]Fulham definitely challenging this season![/quote]

That might have been true, say if they were in Division One and not the Premiership.
But as they are in the Premiership, their main challenge might be making sure they stay in the botom half of the table without falling into relegation. ;-)

Not having a go at Fulham - just being realistic.
PS: Healey is A GOD! :)
PPS: ...But c'mon you gooners! :)

Apr 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Emerald, post: 0]That might have been true, say if they were in Division One and not the Premiership.
But as they are in the Premiership, their main challenge might be making sure they stay in the botom half of the table without falling into relegation. ;-)

Not having a go at Fulham - just being realistic.
PS: Healey is A GOD! :)
PPS: ...But c'mon you gooners! :)[/QUOTE]
I think we've been very unlucky so far, we've been playing the best football that we ever have so far in the premiership, but we just seem to switch off in the last 15 minutes of the game.

Each game that we've lost we have been leading 1-0 until the 2nd half.

I predict a top half finish this season

Womble

Master Poster
Dec 30, 2005
Well i must say i didn't see Villa beating Chelsea, but it's not a shame is it :p
Now Villa have ended Chelsea's 20 game premier league unbeaten run.

Mar 7, 2007
boards.gamefaqs.com
I'm no good at discussing football on forum or in english(it's not my first language) so I will keep this short and simple

my favorite team is Bayern Munich and my favorite players are Zinedine Zidane, Oliver Khan and Ronaldinho in that order

PS3World

Forum Elder
Nov 25, 2006
I love Fabregas, seriously this kid is the best out of this world. Cracking goal!

Seen Ade's goal. holy ****!!! Amazing!

Arsenal ftw

Emerald

Apprentice
Jul 19, 2007
[QUOTE="PS3World, post: 0]I love Fabregas, seriously this kid is the best out of this world. Cracking goal!

Seen Ade's goal. holy ****!!! Amazing!

Arsenal ftw[/quote]

What a game yesterday between Arsenal and Spurs! Wohooooo 3-1 away from home!!!!
C'mon you gooners!! Top of the league :)

(And Womble should be a happy camper Bristol city - top of league one)