For the fun of discussion: PC vs. Consoles

Aug 24, 2005
Well I guess this is a new discussion or something but I think PCs are better IF they have the same game as the console. For example, Sims 2 which is a console game as well as PC is much better on the computer than on the console because you can control your characters better and there are more options. PCs also will not be replaced as drastically as consoles will and they will last longer before you'll want something differently. Consoles are constatly changing and therefore you will want games for the new consoles. However, I think they have better selections in games of different styles like RPGs, fighting games, adventure games, sports etc. I enjoy more games on consoles (especially multiplayer) than on PCs but in the long run a PC will have benefits in a totally different way than a console.

shadowofomioc

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2005
PC's are better at certain genres. While consoles own the rest of the genres.

PC Own :

MMORPG's
First Person Shooters
Puzzlers
Real Time Strategy titles
Turn Based Strategy Titles
Flight Sims
Most any other Sim genre ( aka Rollercoaster Tycoon, SimCity, etc. )
And online titles in general ( pretty much everything on the PC is online in some way )

Consoles Own :

Everything else.
Action adventures
Adventures
Action titles
Beat-em ups
Fighting games
racing games ( PC has real good ones though )
sports games
platformers

Consoles just generally have a different style compared to PC games. Whereas PC games are usually far more in depth, in the matters of control, console games are built as a burst of gaming fun. Instead of sitting in front of your computer, hitting 40 different buttons to command your armies, you'll be in control of a single character in the midst of an army fighting hordes of enemies in a console game. For instance Rome: Total War on the PC becomes the new Spartan: Warrior something on the consoles.

Its hard to judge these days, because for the past 4 years or so PC games have really become special, but in the end I generally get more long term enjoyment out of console games. And theres just tons more quality in the lineup of console games compared to that of PC games.

Aug 22, 2005
definitely pc's are better. if you got the money a pc will walk all over a console for graphics. if you don't have the money then a console is a good way to go. my favorite games are the real time strategy games witch computers have plenty of and the consoles have basically none. my votes for pc's all the way

May 29, 2005
adamba4e said:
overclocker said:
definitely pc's are better. if you got the money a pc will walk all over a console for graphics. if you don't have the money then a console is a good way to go. my favorite games are the real time strategy games witch computers have plenty of and the consoles have basically none. my votes for pc's all the way
Posts under the 5 word minimum.
Overclockers post was over 5 words adamba4e. Or do you mean that to compgeek?