Forza 3 - To Buy Or Not?

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Didnt buy the game first time round as i bought a Logitech wheel for GT5p and was waiting for GT5, getting fed up waiting for GT5 now and over in the GT5 thread alot of people are going on about how good Forza actually is.

Demo i thought was good, gameplay was good the sound was even better but i was put off by the cartoonish graphics....are the graphics better in the full game?

Also i dont have a MS wheel and dont plan on getting one as the missus would crack up having 2 wheels kicking about the house so is the game good with a pad?

John25

Elite Sage
Apr 8, 2008
Mate if your going to get Forza you have to get the wheel it makes Forza a million times better to race with. But anyways yer Pick up Forza as its a great game and the 2 disker can be picked up for 15 bullets from CEX

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Even without the wheel still go for it?

Also are the graphics better than the demo? With the demo im finding the cars look awful from a distance but very good looking when right on their tail's.

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
From what I remember about the demo, that's what you'll see in the full version. I drive from cockpit exclusively now, and everything looks pretty good from there. You'll have to be the judge of that yourself though.

Without the wheel, people can still race really well. Here is a video of me without the wheel, with the demo. In the description of the video, I say it's not easy at all, but that's mostly to do with my skill level lol (which is pretty bad - unless I'm racing John25 without an assists for either of us :))

Also take into account, I've not really used this car before, so there was a learning curve involved with the handling.

[video=youtube;ao65r0eE8bc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao65r0eE8bc[/video]

Last edited:

gillmanjr

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
NY
I just got it a couple weeks ago, it outstanding. And one thing no one has mentioned yet: it's HUGE. I don't think I'll ever be able to finish all the races.

georaldc

Superior Member
May 18, 2006
The graphics are actually pretty darn good. You can get all picky and stuff and notice opponent cars being less detailed but I could never understand people who do that since these are things you wouldn't even notice when you're actually racing. One thing I do notice with the graphics though are the clear windshields in the cockpit view. Is it really hard to tint the screen a bit to make it look like there's a window in front? PGR has the best windshields IMO since you could also see reflections on them.

But overall the graphics are really good (nice upgrade from Forza 2, which looked dull to me) and there's a pretty good sense of speed in the game as well.

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
good choice making the purchase...great game...if you have a 360...and are a fan of racing games (especially sim games) then Forza 3 is a MUST own...

Feb 11, 2008
South Carolina
If you race John, make sure you request all assists be turned off. If not, you'll lose. He's good. If he's learned with all assists off, don't race him unless you like losing lol.

mynd

Ultimate Veteran
May 3, 2006
Down Under
[QUOTE="UkHardcore, post: 5075046]How many cars are in Forza now with all the DLC? Do they all have Cockpit view?[/QUOTE]

Well theres the 405 (up to 421) you get with the game

Plus 7 DLC packs I believe, each with ten in it.

So around 475-491 depeding on which version you have.

I would assume they all have cockpit view.

Me, Im still grinding my way thorugh Forza 2.

Last edited:

bfd_josh

Urban Ethnic
Jun 26, 2008
Turtle walk HQ
www.theturtlewalk.com
[QUOTE="mynd, post: 5075059]Well theres the 405 (up to 421) you get with the game

Plus 7 DLC packs I believe, each with ten in it.

So around 475-491 depeding on which version you have.

I would assume they all have cockpit view.

Me, Im still grinding my way thorugh Forza 2.[/QUOTE]

ye they all have cockpit view

also to the op, you can pick this up for £11 now i saw in the bargain thread, thats too cheap not to pick up

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah i bought the limited edition one yesterday for £20 online, Hope i've made the right choice though as i was playing the Forza demo last night for around an 1hr and then stuck on GT5p on the London track and i thought GT5p was much better due to how light the cars feel compared to Forza's...i realise that Forza is probably more realistic and i'l just have to get used to it.

Last edited:

Metfanant

Forum Sage
Apr 12, 2006
NY
just for a heads up on the DLC cars...even after you purchase them with your REAL money....you still have to purchase them with the Forza FAKE money in the game to drive them...

this doesn't seem like a big deal until you see how much some of the cars cost...i remember reading an article about how much it would cost in game to own all of the cars...and it was an OUTRAGEOUS amount....so be careful what you spend your REAL money on as you may never actually get to enjoy the majority of the cars you purchase...

and yes all cars have cockpits...some of them are broken...like the gauges and what not don't work...but they are all there...and fairly detailed and accurate...

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Arrived today...had a quick blast round Suzaka in a ST, The cars are horrible looking compared to GT5p but what surprised me was how much better Suzaka looked!! It looked alot more realistic and "alive" even had atmosphere from the crowd. The sound of the ST was also very good.

Can see a session coming on tonight :)

gillmanjr

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2008
NY
[QUOTE="Metfanant, post: 5075191]just for a heads up on the DLC cars...even after you purchase them with your REAL money....you still have to purchase them with the Forza FAKE money in the game to drive them...

this doesn't seem like a big deal until you see how much some of the cars cost...i remember reading an article about how much it would cost in game to own all of the cars...and it was an OUTRAGEOUS amount....so be careful what you spend your REAL money on as you may never actually get to enjoy the majority of the cars you purchase...

and yes all cars have cockpits...some of them are broken...like the gauges and what not don't work...but they are all there...and fairly detailed and accurate...[/QUOTE]

LOL! I didn't know that, I was going to download some.

Apr 23, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
Had a 7hr session last night :help

Some of the tracks are INCREDIBLE looking!! Really loving Amalfi Coast, Montserrat Full, Fujimi Kaido, Rally di Positano, Sedona & Suzaka and the elevation changes in the tracks are just sublime. Cant wait to get some online racing happening once i have a good amount of cars.

Really glad i bought it and gutted it's took so long to get it.

Dec 19, 2006
Yeah, I think the Montserrat environment was my favourite, with the demo track ultimately being my favourite original course in the game. Amalfi Coast is great fun too.

R3D D3V!L

PSU Editorial Assistant
Mar 12, 2007
Wigan, England
[QUOTE="Metfanant, post: 5075191]just for a heads up on the DLC cars...even after you purchase them with your REAL money....you still have to purchase them with the Forza FAKE money in the game to drive them...

and yes all cars have cockpits...some of them are broken...like the gauges and what not don't work...but they are all there...and fairly detailed and accurate...[/QUOTE]
No you don't, Free Play mode says hi.