Fragfx and Killzone 2

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
Anyone have good settings for the fragfx on KZ2?

I can't get any combination (in-game sensitivity and dial) to work OK.
Right now, I'm at full in-game sensitivity, at dial 2. But it's still too slow. If i bump more it just gets jumpy.

*refrain from "Use a DS3 or sixaxis" comments.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
use a DS3 or a six axis.... seriously if you need a fragfx to enjoy your console games go and play your ****in PC, Im sure if you were'nt so much of a noob id classify you as a cheater but i know i could still kick your *** on a sixaxis anyday

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]use a DS3 or a six axis.... seriously if you need a fragfx to enjoy your console games go and play your ****in PC, Im sure if you were'nt so much of a noob id classify you as a cheater but i know i could still kick your *** on a sixaxis anyday[/quote]

Seriously you went there? Immaturity and delusion at its best.
Next time, get off your imaginary high horse and think before you type.

TofuOnoPhD

Superior Member
Dec 12, 2006
[QUOTE="cruzader, post: 0]Seriously you went there? Immaturity and delusion at its best.
Next time, get off your imaginary high horse and think before you type.[/quote]

Agreed. Also if it was cheating, Sony wouldnt allow it. I personally don't use the Fragfx cause its a choice, and Cruzader made a choice to use one, he was just looking for friendly information on settings for it. And to Cruzader, I'd bet if you waited for it to come out in retail, you'd find some good settings. You are probably one of the few who use it in the Beta.

DeRaddyoMoFo

Dedicated Member
Feb 5, 2007
zimbobwe
[QUOTE="rapmaster, post: 0]a little off-topic, is the fragfx as good as it seem (as good as a mouse?)[/quote]

What this person said. is its otherwise, apart form this instance,.. good?
only because i dont hear much about it so i would assume its lame. but i dont know. it could be magical doombringer. i.e nearly as good as a mouse.

Aug 25, 2008
[QUOTE="DeRaddyoMoFo, post: 0]What this person said. is its otherwise, apart form this instance,.. good?
only because i dont hear much about it so i would assume its lame. but i dont know. it could be magical doombringer. i.e nearly as good as a mouse.[/quote]
THeres mixed reviews. Some say it totally blows, some say its great. It seems that reasonable people say that its "ok" but its not quite like a real mouse and it can be a little finicky. They are coming out with V2 soon which they worked on fixing the problems people complained about so we'll see how the new one performes.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
man either the frag fx blows hard, or the ps3 is community is full of noobs....the advantage one would have over pad users if it did perform as well as a mouse would be rediculous....i hope version 2 blows as well

BigBrother

Apprentice
Nov 20, 2006
[QUOTE="ps3isthebestobe, post: 0]man either the frag fx blows hard, or the ps3 is community is full of noobs....the advantage one would have over pad users if it did perform as well as a mouse would be rediculous....i hope version 2 blows as well[/quote]

Obviously the answer to your question is that the ps3 community is full of noobs. But since you are participating on the PS3Forums boards, you are part of that community. Therefore (I think you know where I am going with this), you must be a noob too!

Awww snap.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="rapmaster, post: 0]a little off-topic, is the fragfx as good as it seem (as good as a mouse?)[/quote]

[QUOTE="DeRaddyoMoFo, post: 0]What this person said. is its otherwise, apart form this instance,.. good?
only because i dont hear much about it so i would assume its lame. but i dont know. it could be magical doombringer. i.e nearly as good as a mouse.[/quote]

It highly depends on your settings (hence the original goal of my post). Games like Resistance 1&2 and the COD series, it works as good as a regular mouse. When I play COD4, I sometimes feel a little guilty- but hey, it's available to anyone...

When a game doesn't have high sensitivity settings (like KZ2) the fragfx doesn't work as well since that is what the controller is based around. It's not that bad on KZ2, but definately not as good as when you use it in COD4-which is damn near perfect.

[QUOTE="Hendricks433, post: 0]THeres mixed reviews. Some say it totally blows, some say its great. It seems that reasonable people say that its "ok" but its not quite like a real mouse and it can be a little finicky. They are coming out with V2 soon which they worked on fixing the problems people complained about so we'll see how the new one performes.[/quote]

A lot of the negative reviews come from people who don't read the instructions. I've run into a lot of people (online) that say the mouse sucks, yet they didn't bother cracking open the instruction booklet to configure it correctly. The fragfx is definately NOT a plug and play device despite it being for a console. One has to customize and tweak it using a PC in order to get the most out of it. If you have patience, the fragfx is a great control. If you're lazy, it's a crappy control.

Riskz

Superior Member
Dec 30, 2007
Keep console gaming and PC gaming seperate ftw...

People buying a 'fragfx' to get an advantage on a game... :snicker

Aug 25, 2008
[QUOTE="Riskz, post: 0]Keep console gaming and PC gaming seperate ftw...

People buying a 'fragfx' to get an advantage on a game... :snicker[/quote]
lol, thats such a stupid statement. It a controller thats available to anyone that would like to buy one. Buying a console is cheaper than building a good computer and its more versatile. I also have friends that have a PS3 so I like to play with them. So I shouldnt but a product available to everyone because its somehow cheating? Give me a break.

Eraser.

Superior Member
May 29, 2007
[QUOTE="Hendricks433, post: 0]lol, thats such a stupid statement. It a controller thats available to anyone that would like to buy one. Buying a console is cheaper than building a good computer and its more versatile. I also have friends that have a PS3 so I like to play with them. So I shouldnt but a product available to everyone because its somehow cheating? Give me a break.[/quote]
There was a homebrew cheat device used on the ps2 game socom2. It was available to everyone, for free, but does that make it right to use? Nope.

You have an unfair advantage,plain and simple. like the man said if you want to play with a mouse play on pc. I dont want someone being able to kill me with ease because they dont have any skill with the dualshock. Why would you even want to do that? Takes the fun out of it. Be a man and play on a level playing field.

billm0066

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2006
^^^definitely not very bright. Youre comparing something homebrew, vs a controller that can be bought in a store? Nice job. Theres nothing wrong with using it so get over it. I dont use one and probably never will.

Riskz

Superior Member
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="Hendricks433, post: 0]lol, thats such a stupid statement. It a controller thats available to anyone that would like to buy one. Buying a console is cheaper than building a good computer and its more versatile. I also have friends that have a PS3 so I like to play with them. So I shouldnt but a product available to everyone because its somehow cheating? Give me a break.[/quote]

I didn't say it was cheating. It's pathetic though.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 0]^^^definitely not very bright. Youre comparing something homebrew, vs a controller that can be bought in a store? Nice job. Theres nothing wrong with using it so get over it. I dont use one and probably never will.[/quote]

Exactly,- there's nothing wrong with using a product available to anyone who wants to buy one.

This thread wasn't a discussion about the "ethics" of using a fragfx. Get back on topic about the best settings for KZ2.
I refined my settings and found that 2.5 dial with high sensitivity in-game makes a good combination...though, I still think KZ2 needs higher in-game sensitivity.

Riskz

Superior Member
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="billm0066, post: 0]^^^definitely not very bright. Youre comparing something homebrew, vs a controller that can be bought in a store? Nice job. Theres nothing wrong with using it so get over it. I dont use one and probably never will.[/quote]

The MAJORITY of people have a standard controller. People with this 'fragfx' have paid to get an advantage, ok, it's available to everyone, but why would everyone want to buy it? People have bought a PS3 believing it's the full package, why should they have to buy a special controller in order to keep up with those that have nothing more to look forward to than 'pawning' online with the handicap set in their favour?
It's not even a Sony branded product, so a lot of people won't even know it's available as it wont be promoted.

So no, it's not cheating, but it's definetly an unfair advantage.

ybbiv

Apprentice
Aug 23, 2006
[QUOTE="Riskz, post: 0]
So no, it's not cheating, but it's definetly an unfair advantage.[/quote]

Yup. I remember the last Frag FX topic I was in had about the same ratio of people for and against it.

I personally see it as being an unfair advantage as well. Yes, I'm aware I could go out and buy one too, but I shouldn't have to just to get back to a level playing-field. It's just like people who use an exploit or glitch in a game because it gives them an advantage. Just because everyone could do it doesn't make it right.

Sorry for keeping it off-topic, I just find this debate more interesting than the original post.

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
[QUOTE="ybbiv, post: 0]Yup. I remember the last Frag FX topic I was in had about the same ratio of people for and against it.

I personally see it as being an unfair advantage as well. Yes, I'm aware I could go out and buy one too, but I shouldn't have to just to get back to a level playing-field. It's just like people who use an exploit or glitch in a game because it gives them an advantage. Just because everyone could do it doesn't make it right.

Sorry for keeping it off-topic, I just find this debate more interesting than the original post.[/quote]

Since we're off-topic- again- I'll overlook it, even though I'm the OP.

Leveling the playing field is a bit of a subjective topic or at least a subject that has its variables. Just because one uses the fragfx doesn't necessarily mean they're going to be better than everyone using a DS3/sixaxis. I see it as just a different way of playing the game. It's no better nor worse- just different.
I feel comfortable playing fps games with a mouse- so naturally I buy a fragfx.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
thanks for the backup guys....i can't believe your an OP dude, you so don't deserve to be you don't have any spirit for gaming it seem's, even you admitted that you feel guilty at times...therefore i don't see how you could have fun at all i mean you will look at your score and be like yay im winning, but it means **** all considering your using a mouse....and you say there available for everyone...they do not sell them retail anywhere in Australia, and i dont have a credit card so therefore how am i meant to get one, if it was a mainstream product you could have a point, but it isnt so therefore your argument is null

Eraser.

Superior Member
May 29, 2007
Your only argument is that its available to everyone. so was code9. whats the difference? its worse with fragfx because you actually have topay for it

cruzader

Dedicated Member
Dec 28, 2006
I could care less what people think, I'm going to use it regardless.
I feel no empathy for those who complain about it claiming it unfair.
I'll play the games I bought, how I want...

Sep 29, 2006
All the people on here who are so anti-fragFX are pretty ignorant. You're automatically assuming it gives an unfair advantage whenever it's just a matter of comfort.

Obviously, if you think playing with a mouse automatically puts you on an uneven playing field, you haven't played many FPS on PC because majority of the people are just as bad, if not worse, at shooting as some of you controller nazis. I play both, use two different ways to play and feel fine either way, but if I had a m+kb readily available to use for my ps3 I would drop the sticks in a second, just cause that's what I'm most used to.

They've been making controllers that plug into computers for years and no one ever says **** about that, right? But while you're at it, you might as well go ahead and criticize racing wheels because they're for noobs who don't know how to drive a car with analogs.

ps3isthebestobe

Superior Member
Jan 23, 2008
ok the guy above me is a complete idiot im assuming.... i mean let me paint a little picture for you....imagine playing counter strike source, one team is using controllers and the other using kb/m combination...assuming that both teams are of equal talent....whos going to win

BTW if u have never played counter strike (either version) you wouldnt know what im talking about, but for those who have i think you understand my point, the people with controllers would get totally anhilated

and on top of that its just stupid to think that it is not an advantage (assuming it does work as good as a mouse as some of u have stated)...i mean whats easier, using your pad on ur ps3 to browse the interent or a mouse....simple as that

Sep 29, 2006
this is the only other post (it's gonna be a long one) i'm going to make in this thread because this has gone completely off topic and it's obvious you either didn't bother to read what i said or you couldn't comprehend it.

first, I've played counter-strike for over 5 years which is why I said what I did regarding most people who play on their pc.

second, anytime the mouse vs. controller argument comes up someone always brings in the "if you had two equally skilled players ..blah blah blah ..mouse would win everytime" and it's a completely invalid point to try and make. Saying "equal skill" is too broad and has no basis for measurement. Of course the team using mice is going to destroy the team with controllers, but it's not because m/kb is superior, it's because the team with controllers would be playing out of their element. If you had to Resistance players go 1v1 in the same scenario, the guy with his controller is going to wipe the floor with the guy with using the mouse for the same reason.

Don't even try to say "a guy who is really good at the halo for pc would own a guy who is really good at halo for xbox" because if they were truly equally matched, it would be an even playing field for the most part.

oh, and your whole point you were trying to make about using a controller vs. m/kb to browse the internet is pretty good. Except for the fact that browsing the web was built around the functionalities of a kb/m/computer whereas the ps3 just has it as an added bonus to the system for the first time ever in 3 generations of consoles. Games on the otherhand have been designed on several different platforms with the use of different types of controllers forever. Get my point yet?

Oh well, this is why my post count is at around 10 after 2 years.

Riskz

Superior Member
Dec 30, 2007
[QUOTE="kayze, post: 0]this is the only other post (it's gonna be a long one) i'm going to make in this thread because this has gone completely off topic and it's obvious you either didn't bother to read what i said or you couldn't comprehend it.

first, I've played counter-strike for over 5 years which is why I said what I did regarding most people who play on their pc.

second, anytime the mouse vs. controller argument comes up someone always brings in the "if you had two equally skilled players ..blah blah blah ..mouse would win everytime" and it's a completely invalid point to try and make. Saying "equal skill" is too broad and has no basis for measurement. Of course the team using mice is going to destroy the team with controllers, but it's not because m/kb is superior, it's because the team with controllers would be playing out of their element. If you had to Resistance players go 1v1 in the same scenario, the guy with his controller is going to wipe the floor with the guy with using the mouse for the same reason.

Don't even try to say "a guy who is really good at the halo for pc would own a guy who is really good at halo for xbox" because if they were truly equally matched, it would be an even playing field for the most part.

oh, and your whole point you were trying to make about using a controller vs. m/kb to browse the internet is pretty good. Except for the fact that browsing the web was built around the functionalities of a kb/m/computer whereas the ps3 just has it as an added bonus to the system for the first time ever in 3 generations of consoles. Games on the otherhand have been designed on several different platforms with the use of different types of controllers forever. Get my point yet?

Oh well, this is why my post count is at around 10 after 2 years.[/quote]

It has nothing to do with playing out of their element, if they are equal it means EQUAL.
Seeing as were talking about counter strike lets go with that. If two teams (that have never played the game before) played for the same amount of time practicing, one team on controllers, the other using mouse/keyboard, who would win? Nobody is out of their element, but the mouse/keyboard team would still win...

It's actually simpler to sum up the advantages of a mouse by saying; You can flick your wrist faster than you can twiddle your thumb, and a mouse is more responsive than a controller.