Free Puppies

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
wat? no he not a "admin" he trying to fix the forum. he and ghost said he won't mod

Last edited:

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I don't see anything wrong with him being an Admin. With that said, like others said, he's just part of the tech team. For now.

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Fon, post: 6171456]I don't see anything wrong with him being an Admin. With that said, like others said, he's just part of the tech team. For now.[/QUOTE]
i will bitch he started modding again
ghost is giving the tech team admin powers so they can do there job easier

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
it would have saved them a lot of hassle explaining the copius red names if they had just made a Tech Team Usergroup with an identifying color.

As it stands, for all intents, the members will view the tech team as admin, but in reality should have zero authority in the forums. Much like the PSU.com staffers in brown. They do not run, or administer the forum, they are brown and that color identifies them as content staff for that reason.

I am sure Ghost will get around to finding a suitable color for these guys so the members, new and old, don't mistake them for people in authority but rather the people who are advising and fixing shit.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
It's no secret that PSU has its fair share of technical errors. The community has frequently voiced their desire to have a more present, available support team, and that's what we're building with LeisureSuitLarry, Vulgotha, and F34R.

None of these individuals are an administrator, and the user colors will soon be changed to highlight the differences between the "Tech Advisors" and forum administrators.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
[QUOTE="Steve, post: 6171463]None of these individuals are an administrator, and the user colors will soon be changed to highlight the differences between the "Tech Advisors" and forum administrators.[/QUOTE]

Point being.. that should have been done from the start. It isn't hard to make them have a different colored name, or identifier... plus, some of the posts made by the tech team come across a little adminish in nature.

I can see why people view this like they do.

Steve

Forum Sage
Nov 19, 2008
Columbia, MO
[QUOTE="Cuguy, post: 6171466]Point being.. that should have been done from the start. It isn't hard to make them have a different colored name, or identifier... plus, some of the posts made by the tech team come across a little adminish in nature.

I can see why people view this like they do.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely. Am just about to shoot Ghost a PM and ask him to make the change.

Cuguy

Elite Sage
Mar 9, 2007
www.psu.com
i mean i got no issue if he wants to make all these guys admin... but there also is no reason a tech team couldn't have been separated from the start.

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="Fenix, post: 6171475]Why not make Tech team maroon, or some kind of Brownish Red colour?[/QUOTE]
or pink lol

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Sorry for the confusion guys. LeisureSuitLarry, Vulgotha and F34R are not part of the site's moderation team and will have nothing to do with that side of things. They are solely responsible for adding features to the site and fixing bugs and issues. I keep meaning to change the color but get side tracked. I was thinking orange but I like Cuguy's suggestion of black.

Ghost

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2009
Tech Advisory Team is now black. Also, just to settle this in everyone's minds again, TAT has nothing to do with site moderation or policy, they are here to enrich the experience the site offers through their knowledge of web technologies.

Justin

Elite Member
Jun 5, 2005
Canada
F34R has been labelled as a "bad" choice for staff. Why? In the past an image was painted and hatred was built over specific actions. In my opinion these claims were over exaggerated, and things escalated too far. Since then F34R has been the most active member, and perhaps even the most helpful member for tech issues, advice, and the list goes on. Oh wait, he also gives away free shit!

To state the site is doomed because someone with great knowledge is utilized to fix forum bugs that have plagued the community for years is unwarranted. In my opinion F34R should be more than just a Tech Advisor, he is one of the heart and soul members of this community, and he has my full respect and support in everything he does.

Silvy

Master Guru
Sep 29, 2010
North Carolina
[QUOTE="justintheman87, post: 6171654]F34R has been labelled as a "bad" choice for staff. Why? In the past an image was painted and hatred was built over specific actions. In my opinion these claims were over exaggerated, and things escalated too far. Since then F34R has been the most active member, and perhaps even the most helpful member for tech issues, advice, and the list goes on. Oh wait, he also gives away free shit!

To state the site is doomed because someone with great knowledge is utilized to fix forum bugs that have plagued the community for years is unwarranted. In my opinion F34R should be more than just a Tech Advisor, he is one of the heart and soul members of this community, and he has my full respect and support in everything he does.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget one of the most handsome-est members on the forum. Most rep, most dedicated, smart, and just plain helpful. A true member.If everyone could embody F34R just by one percent then this forum would be perfect. ;)

-Dj-

Veteran
May 8, 2009
[QUOTE="justintheman87, post: 6171654]F34R has been labelled as a "bad" choice for staff. Why? In the past an image was painted and hatred was built over specific actions. In my opinion these claims were over exaggerated, and things escalated too far. Since then F34R has been the most active member, and perhaps even the most helpful member for tech issues, advice, and the list goes on. Oh wait, he also gives away free shit!

To state the site is doomed because someone with great knowledge is utilized to fix forum bugs that have plagued the community for years is unwarranted. In my opinion F34R should be more than just a Tech Advisor, he is one of the heart and soul members of this community, and he has my full respect and support in everything he does.[/QUOTE]
he has my but he did take away the "fun" away from the forum when he was a mod. i don't want see that again