Freedom Wars

Vyse

Extreme Poster
Mar 27, 2006
A futuristic survival horror title? The countdown ends in a couple days but it's supposed to look like it was running for a million years.

Last edited:

berts08

Elite Guru
Nov 14, 2007
N.Ireland
The mysterious countdown (countup?) is over, and Sony’s Panopticon – a game teased for a week or so – has been revealed in the form of a trailer.
It’s a Japan Studio game, and looks resolutely Japanese – although it’s a lengthy enough trailer it’s not easy to gauge what the game is actually about.

[video=youtube;IPaNS1gqBKM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IPaNS1gqBKM[/video]
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/05/16/sonys-new-playstation-game-panopticon-revealed/

Sep 5, 2011
Denmark
pretty cool trailer with some decent music in it, looks like its a j-rpg mix with some Front Mission/Death Note inspiration. Always good with some promising titles for the Vita. It seems to be out in 5 days in Japan aswell according to that date hopefully its something that gets well received there

Last edited:

Fon

Master Guru
Oct 5, 2009
@Home
I'm intrigued by this. At first glanced it looked like a, Shin Megami Tensei title (Mainly from the Digital Saga). Looking forward to seeing gameplay and concept.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
I can totally see how this is some Monster Hunter-ish sort of game. Color me interested. Possibly Sony's answer to no Monster Hunter on Vita.

Thorzilla

Elite Sage
Feb 4, 2006
[QUOTE="GalapagosaraY, post: 6084420]pretty cool trailer with some decent music in it, looks like its a j-rpg mix with some Front Mission/Death Note inspiration. Always good with some promising titles for the Vita. It seems to be out in 5 days in Japan aswell according to that date hopefully its something that gets well received there[/QUOTE]

It's nearly out already?!

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
My head just went kaplow.

As for a Monster Hunter response, I figured Soul Sacrifice already filled that bill pretty well. I have no idea what to make of that trailer, though.

AaronSOLDIER

Ultimate Veteran
Apr 5, 2007
forums.final7fantasy.com
[QUOTE="Forcedme, post: 6084583]My head just went kaplow.

As for a Monster Hunter response, I figured Soul Sacrifice already filled that bill pretty well. I have no idea what to make of that trailer, though.[/QUOTE]

I doubt this will be a MH type game tbh, dunno if it'll even be a JRPG since Japan Studio don't really make any.

Forcedme

Super Elite
Oct 19, 2007
[QUOTE="AaronSOLDIER, post: 6084610]I doubt this will be a MH type game tbh, dunno if it'll even be a JRPG since Japan Studio don't really make any.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. Monster Hunter and its clone bore me witless. It's one of the reasons Soul Sacrifice surprised me--it looked like an MH copy at the surface then turned out to be fast-paced and awesome.

This looks too interesting to fall into that type of gameplay. I'm expecting a character-driven campaign with plots, tweests, and copious pantie-shots, though I'd be okay with none of the latter, that shit makes me feel weird.

Nov 23, 2005
[QUOTE="Flaw3d Genius, post: 6084406]Looks like the kind of game that wont see a release in the west.[/QUOTE]Don't know if it actually means anything nowadays but the title has been trademarked by both SCEE and SCEA.

Nov 23, 2005
My take on the teaser...

Androids make up for the majority of the population and control humans by encoding them to track their every move. The baby born in captivity is the 1000000th human born under the control of the andros. the baby is considered the chosen one to bring humans back in power. The action jrpg is centered around rebels and human friendly andros fighting to protect the chosen one....

Matrix meets MH meets FF!!!

Just my imagination running wild, I don't understand Japanese so I can't make anything out of the script.