Frustrations with Spawn Points.

proxi

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
www.sweatybastardsmusic.com
Is anyone else getting a tad annoyed with the spawning at times?

In my opinion the spawn "zone" seems to be smaller on the bigger maps too. I have had some really dense spawn points given to me on maps such as Derail, Sub Base, Underpass, Estate & Afghan. I still have issues on the smaller maps too, however the size of the spawning zone is a bigger percentage of the map size on maps such as Skidrow and Favela.

Last night I was on Derail and spawned 8 times in a row down the "shops" end of the map, near the 2 flat-roof buildings you can climb up on top of. Each time I had one of 2 spawn points around that end and not far apart, and all it took was a group of 3 enemies to noob-tube & RPD me to death within 2 seconds every time.

As already said, I have troubles on small maps too but less often. Skidrow must be the worst for it with this bunch of maps. Two nights ago a match consisted of me getting spawned again & again right where I died, in the car park kind of area right opposite a two-storey building that people can snipe from (the one with the little spy hole in the wall looking over the tunnel at the side). Spawn - death - spawn - death. 3 of them again having fun whilst my blood slowly begins to boil.

Seems to be happening more often the last few days, it's started to remind me of WAW, spawning with a enemy tank smiling at me...

Daggers21

Super Elite
Jul 24, 2008
Canada, Newfoundland
[QUOTE="proxi, post: 0]Is anyone else getting a tad annoyed with the spawning at times?

In my opinion the spawn "zone" seems to be smaller on the bigger maps too. I have had some really dense spawn points given to me on maps such as Derail, Sub Base, Underpass, Estate & Afghan. I still have issues on the smaller maps too, however the size of the spawning zone is a bigger percentage of the map size on maps such as Skidrow and Favela.

Last night I was on Derail and spawned 8 times in a row down the "shops" end of the map, near the 2 flat-roof buildings you can climb up on top of. Each time I had one of 2 spawn points around that end and not far apart, and all it took was a group of 3 enemies to noob-tube & RPD me to death within 2 seconds every time.

As already said, I have troubles on small maps too but less often. Skidrow must be the worst for it with this bunch of maps. Two nights ago a match consisted of me getting spawned again & again right where I died, in the car park kind of area right opposite a two-storey building that people can snipe from (the one with the little spy hole in the wall looking over the tunnel at the side). Spawn - death - spawn - death. 3 of them again having fun whilst my blood slowly begins to boil.

Seems to be happening more often the last few days, it's started to remind me of WAW, spawning with a enemy tank smiling at me...[/quote]
yea this really ****** me off, i like to get behind the enemy and take them out(not at spawn) and they spawn behind me or right near me

EHY893

Elite Guru
Jun 4, 2008
I absolutely hate the spawn points in Rust. People somehow spawn right on me/in front of me/behind me and it makes for very annoying games.

Daggers21

Super Elite
Jul 24, 2008
Canada, Newfoundland
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 0]I absolutely hate the spawn points in Rust. People somehow spawn right on me/in front of me/behind me and it makes for very annoying games.[/quote]
try playing a 10 person cage match lol, i did and won because i hid under the oil tower? and started picking them off threw a care package(anmo so used it was bait) than got pred missle, which got me my harriers lol they were pissed

Sep 24, 2009
www.twitter.com
Yeah I get it a lot, it is very bad on certain maps as well. Sometimes it's that bad, I spawn to see my body flopping to the floor in front of me and that's terrible. I also notice on Killcams quite often that the enemy spawned pretty much looking at me. I don't get it, especially with the maps being huge compared to 4 and World At War. :confused:

It's as bad as WAW in terms of spawning. Only thing that is majorly peeing me off with the game apart from poor hit detection. At least the hit detection isn't a problem all the time, but the spawning issue is. >_<

HWMbrogden

That Band Is Awful
Aug 22, 2007
NJ - 732
www.last.fm
[QUOTE="emmerich, post: 0]I absolutely hate the spawn points in Rust. People somehow spawn right on me/in front of me/behind me and it makes for very annoying games.[/quote]

Its a tiny map what do you expect?

Scheller

Forum Sage
May 9, 2006
Texas
On the airplane boneyard map, I shot this one guy then ran into an airplane towards B to capture it. As soon as I ran through the doorway, in the corner the guy spawned and I was able to knife him within 1 second of spawning.

Then multiple times I've spawned and immediately died from a grenade or almost died.

proxi

Superior Member
Feb 22, 2009
www.sweatybastardsmusic.com
Last night I was getting a lot of killcams showing me killing an enemy then them spawning to the side of me or behind me then killing me back. It really is a steal of the old wee when you're regularly seeing YOUR kill on YOUR killcam...

Mönk1

Apprentice
Oct 27, 2009
Australia
The only map that it seems to be a reg problem for me on is Afghan. Maybe it's just my bad luck or what, but it seems to happen to me all the time when playing that map.

H3nry

Apprentice
Oct 19, 2006
Netherlands
I must be playing a different game than everyone else. I've been spawn killed once during the 30+ hours I've played(and I play mostly ground war). Maybe I'm just lucky.

Sep 16, 2008
This is annoying in Sabotage. When youre pinned down by the other team at one end and you keep on respawning there gets really frustrating.