gadget show in uk

shcndw

Dedicated Member
Oct 29, 2006
the gadgetshow on channel 5 are giving away a ---

We're giving away what is without doubt the best prize fund we've ever put together. This week you could win:
A Panasonic Toughbook
A Crumpler Cheesy Disco laptop bag with a Toshiba laptop in it
A 42 inch LCD TV
A Canon EOS 400D digital SLR camera
A Sony PS3
An iPod Nano
The AEG Electrolux Oven that comes out top in Jon's testing in the show
All the accessories we review in The Critical List
An Epson photo printer
And a year's subscription to SKY's High Definition service.

http://gadgetshow.five.tv/jsp/5gsmain.jsp?lnk=480

dear god what a prize! site very laggy though

Lazlow

Apprentice
Aug 27, 2006
Fantastic prizes, but did you watch the episode of Gadget Show tonight? They actually had a PS3 there but ended up just talking about how its "ten times more powerful than the world" etc etc. Not very useful at all... lots of stuff they didn't talk about or show.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Missed it tonight :| DAMN! Oh well, ill have to enter than competition, methinks

EDIT - There we are :D *fingers crossed*

SimmoUK

Super Elite
Aug 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Lazlow, post: 0]Fantastic prizes, but did you watch the episode of Gadget Show tonight? They actually had a PS3 there but ended up just talking about how its "ten times more powerful than the world" etc etc. Not very useful at all... lots of stuff they didn't talk about or show.[/quote]

Damn missed it 2 did they give a good impression to the public alot of average people watch that show? Did they like it, give me a little more info if you can cheers.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Thanks for that! i missed it aswlel.....Typical, the one day there is something i would have liked to have seen, i forget its on :|

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Looks like they were impressed with that one! Im gunna ee if i can see the episode when this programme has finished

SimmoUK

Super Elite
Aug 16, 2006
I've tried youtube no luck just wii's one from last week. Plus rep to anyone who can find it. Anyone who saw the episode care to go into more detail it would be muchly appreciated I value that guys oppinion.

SimmoUK

Super Elite
Aug 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Carl, post: 0]Cant find the damn thing either :|[/quote]

Doh i can't believe i never flicked over onto the damn program that normally always happens. I bet his face was a picture he made me laff when he saw the Wii the other week I thought he was going to get onto his knees and make a prayer thanking god for it's pressence or something :-D

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Lol! yeah that was great XD I cant believe i missed it today :| I bet if there was something crap on it, i would have seen it! isnt it repeated any time?

SimmoUK

Super Elite
Aug 16, 2006
[QUOTE="Carl, post: 0]Lol! yeah that was great XD I cant believe i missed it today :| I bet if there was something crap on it, i would have seen it! isnt it repeated any time?[/quote]

Yeah normally it's like ten million digital camera reviews and i'm like wtf, I don't think it is repeated mate sorry. Pretty sure it aint anyway.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Damn.....Okay then, ill have to try and find it on the internet. Give it a week or so and someone might uplaod it to YouTube or google video

A

ADH

It wasnt really a review, just a sneak peak. They didnt advertise it was there, first mentioned it in the begining of the show.

All that was really said was ooooh, ahhhh and wow. bit like bonfire night. Oh and there was an Eerrrr, when they shot some of those alien type thingys (cant remeber what they're called, but they seem to loose a lot of blood) in reisitance.

The show is repeated either saturday or sunday morning i think.

Seb

Veteran
Dec 8, 2003
London
www.gamerguides.com
Yea I saw it last night. The guy was playing Lair, Motorstorm and Genji, but he didn't really give any interesting info or anything. Damn that lucky guy! ;)

The Gadget show as usual then give away all the gadgets the get given by industry making them look generous when in actual fact it didn’t cost them a penny and then the charge you £1 a call to stand a chance of winning. A bit annoying if you ask me.

Did anyone see that ToughBook? That was fantastic. It survived being submersed in water and an explosion.

nickjd331

Elite Member
Jan 20, 2006
yeah i saw it, he seemed totally obsessed with it, but other than saying how great it was didn't say a thing.

and yeah, that toughbook seemed pretty cool, shame it cost 2.5k GBP when i don't know the specs, anyway, i'm a mac man

guybrush

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2006
Cant believe I missed this show on the one episode I would actually have had a purpose in watching....typical!

Firewarrior

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2005
It was good watching him play it lucky bugger

Just that he kept spewing Ingorant bullcrap

But he did like the WII and XBOX360 he basically Fanboyed all of them=TRUE GAMER:rolleyes:

Zoibie

Supreme Veteran
Jun 18, 2006
[QUOTE="Carl, post: 0]If you missed it, it has been uploaded to youtube by some magnificent person.

Heres the link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=B6_fjYTheLY

it looks BRILLIANT from that clip :) As with all of them[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot. I was very un happy when i heard i had missed the PS3 being on there.

On their site it said that they were reviewing it.

Carl

Ultimate Veteran
Oct 26, 2006
Yeah it did, but i dont care, the video still looks cool. Resistance loked good from that aswell - i like the way that you can destroy everything instead of just like the stuff your meant to. :)