Game file transer question.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
I wanted to know if deleting the install has any effect on the game files. Because I'm trading in my 40gb ps3 for an MGS4 80GB Bundle and I have a 2gb flas drive to move files to my pc, then to the 80gb. My issue is that the install files are bigger than 2gb in some cases. does leaving them out mess up the regular save files?

FunkyP

Apprentice
Nov 10, 2007
Some games vary, but for the most part the larger files should reinstall themselves. But beware that there are certain games that hold important information in those files.

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
Thanks for the info. I'll try to be careful, would hate to lose all my Oblivion info though. :( ...it'll be worth it though.

Miney

Forum Elder
Oct 31, 2007
I would be backing up the Saved Games on the computer or something first and then having them on the stick as well. Just in case they become corrupt somehow, that way you have a back-up and can try again if it fails the first time ;-)

CodenameD

Dedicated Member
Dec 16, 2007
[QUOTE="Miney, post: 0]I would be backing up the Saved Games on the computer or something first and then having them on the stick as well. Just in case they become corrupt somehow, that way you have a back-up and can try again if it fails the first time ;-)[/quote]

Thats what I said I was doing. Flash drive transfers to the pc then the 80gb. Thanks though, I've kinda wiondered if you can hook your pc up via usb cable and transfer them directly. Never heard of that being done though.