Game Save Question..Need Answer ASAP Please

jaewest304

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2008
www.myspace.com
Quick question, I know certain game saves are copy protected so this isnt about that. My question is about games like Uncharted (1 & 2). I want to copy these (and a few other unprotcted saves) off my currently not working PS3 to my other perfectly working PS3.

My issue is I want to finish the games and finish up the few trophies I need. Will the trophies be locked if I copy the saves over via USB drive? I dont want to replay all over just to finish crushing on the Uncharted(s) .

has anyone done this or confirm that the trophies will be unlocked?

Shin Asura

Master Guru
Aug 23, 2006
Working out with Juri
Well the trophies are on the PSN network, so even if you started with a new console and used the save file you should be able to access the trophies again

I don't see why they should be locked, I lost trophies during that daylight savings time bug, however, when I insert the game disc into my console and synced with the server I got them back

Apr 17, 2008
I know for God Of WAr 3 :). I got two PS3's at home. I got like 60% of the trophies on one PS3, then got the Save files on a USB stick and trasfered them to the other PS3. Loaded the save game, and restarted on titan mode. The trophies I had are still there, but this is because all your trophies are synched with PSN, so when you log-in and go to Sync Trophies, all the trophies you got earlier will be registered on the PS3 you are on. So don't worry, everything will be fine ;). If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers

Kasor

Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
trophies are linked to your psn account .
if you use the same account you'll have the trophies even without the save files

Xelis

Elite Sage
Jan 1, 2008
[QUOTE="Kasor, post: 0]trophies are linked to your psn account .
if you use the same account you'll have the trophies even without the save files[/quote]

He's asking whether the game saves are locked to your PS3, so he can take his saves from one console to his new one. To which I've never read a definitive answer.

They're either;
Locked to your PS3
Locked to your PSN account
Not locked to either

I believe they may be locked to your PSN account as I've read people getting a "You did not earn ..... Trophy" pop up. If so you should have no problem if you have your PSN on both PS3's.